Sign in to follow this  
Yopoman

Trigger BLUFOR To Attack Civilian?

I've searched the forum and have not found what I'm after, I've also read through the BI Wiki and Armaholic resources and can't find anything, so here's what I need help with... I'm making a mission in A2:OA where the player is a civilian that spawns outside a heavily secured BLUFOR airbase and has the objectives of infiltrating and blowing up 4 empty helicopters. I want the player to be fired upon and hunted down by BLUFOR if they cross into the base perimeter. I'd like to use a trigger whose circumference is the base perimeter. I made a trigger and set it to be activated by CIVILIAN, ONCE. I tried adding the "joinSilent" trick in the trigger activation line and made the player join an OPFOR sniper outside the base but not only did it just instantly join the player at the start of the mission but I'd like the player to be solo. Does anyone know of a way (possibly using triggers) I can make the BLUFOR hunt down the civi player when they cross the base perimeter? Thank you for your help. I'm an editing noob so every setting in the trigger parameters I would use I'd like to know, the more detail the better.

EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

How to use a trigger to make BLUFOR/OPFOR attack Civilian Player...

1. Create a trigger and group it to the civilian player.

2. Set trigger activation to group individual only.

3. Set trigger to occur only once.

4. Condition= this

5. Activation= player addRating -10000

6. Now you have a "no go" zone which will cause the units to attack the player if the enter it, the bounds of which are set by the trigger size.

Edited by yopoman

The trigger is probably activated because it counts empty objects or static objects as civilian. I don't know the best way to get around that.

Using addrating I believe will give you the desirable outcome though if you can find away around the trigger problem. More information can be found at the link.

EDIT: The best way you could probably do actually is the following. Group your civilian unit to an OPFOR and set the OPFOR's probability of presence to 0. That will make it so that your civilian is on the enemy side.

Then type:

this setcaptive true

in the units initialization(init) field.

Then make it so that the trigger is set for OPFOR instead of civilian.

Then type in the on activation field:

unitname setcaptive false

unitname is the name of the civilian unit.

That should work.

Edited by Jakerod

You can also try this to make CIVILIAN's hostile to BLUFOR's and vice versa.

CIVILIAN setFriend [WEST, 0];

Try adding the player to an OPFOR group with a trigger.

The second method you suggested worked really well, Jakerod. Only problem is that now the BLUFOR is moving to the player and standing there if they spot him before activating the trigger probably because the player is set as captive. I'm going to play around with it some more to see if I can get this working 100%. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks everyone!

The second method you suggested worked really well, Jakerod. Only problem is that now the BLUFOR is moving to the player and standing there if they spot him before activating the trigger probably because the player is set as captive. I'm going to play around with it some more to see if I can get this working 100%. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks everyone!

I don't know if this will work but maybe try having them all set to careless and never fire until the trigger is tripped.