Sign in to follow this  
KING_OF_SAND

Arma II performance help

I am posting here because i can not post in the Arma II thread?

But I am having issues with Arma II. I bought it via steam because they were having a sale ($10 i think it was). So i bought it and i REALLY want to play it but my FPS hovers around 10FPS.

System specs:

AMD 965 4ghz

Radeon 6990

Crosshair formula III

4gb 1600mhz RAM

The game plays fine at the lowest settings but i refuse to play it at those settings. My rig should EASILY play this game at the absolute highest settings! I have 4gb of video ram for crying out loud! What is wrong?! Steam says the game is up to date with 1.9 or something like that. Why am i only at 10FPS? I can play crysis at MAX settings 1080p 24x AA at 50+ FPS. there is no way this game is more demanding, and if so my FPS should not be at 10.

I am posting here because i can not post in the Arma II thread?

Lolwut.

System specs:

AMD 965 4ghz

Radeon 6990

Crosshair formula III

4gb 1600mhz RAM

I can play crysis at MAX settings 1080p 24x AA at 50+ FPS. there is no way this game is more demanding, and if so my FPS should not be at 10.

Yeah mate, I'm sorry, but your computer just isn't good enough. 4GB of 1600MHz RAM just doesn't cut it these days, and an AMD 965? At 4 GHz? Seriously? That was released like, what, a few months ago? Obsolete, brah. I'm surprised the game even runs.

And running Crysis 2 on max settings with 24x AA is great. Different kettle of corridor-arcadey-health-regenerating-stealth-killing-AI-walking-into-walls-fish.

I reckon if you copy your post, and put it here you might get a serious answer.

Edited by CameronMcDonald

I tried creating a new topic in the Arma II section and it kept giving me a permission error.

And I sure as heel am not posting in a place were there are over 120 pages. I just want to know if there is a quick answer?

Also i was talking about crysis 1.

Edited by KING_OF_SAND

Patch to the latest version, turn down your viewdistance to 2000, turn off antialiasing, post processing on low and turn everything else on high. You should be fine. Make sure you defagment, very important.

BTW, the mods don't take too kindly to you refusing to post in the thread Cameron listed just because there's hundreds of replies in it, they usually lock one-off performance threads like this and direct everyone to that thread.

Patch to the latest version, turn down your viewdistance to 2000, turn off antialiasing, post processing on low and turn everything else on high. You should be fine. Make sure you defagment, very important.

BTW, the mods don't take too kindly to you refusing to post in the thread Cameron listed just because there's hundreds of replies in it, they usually lock one-off performance threads like this and direct everyone to that thread.

But why should i have to do any of that to the game (other than the patch). Is this just an optimization issue?

also i do understand about posting in the spot they designate, i just want to know whether or not its worth perusing this game any further.

And I sure as heel am not posting in a place were there are over 120 pages. I just want to know if there is a quick answer?

So, you are deliberatly posting in the wrong section while everyone else has to use the one sticky topic just cause you want a quick answer?

Hmm, maybe read the forum rules again to make sure you know how to post here.