Sign in to follow this  
doonbugie

Need recommendations for config file(bandwidth)

I need some recommendations for my config file(bandwidth wise)...

1000 Mbit w/ 850GB bandwidth cap, its not horrible but the bandwidth cap... Im guessing, may severely limit my servers capabilities. :(

Can anybody who has expirience with this sort help me out?

Edited by doonbugie

I'm presuming thats per month.

I wouldn't worry too much about it in all honesty - That should be more than enough for gaming requirements.

If you plan on using the system to host other things (web, ftp etc) then perhaps that might be a problem, but as said, for general gaming and voice use it should be fine.

As for a config suggestion. I doubt thats 1000 Mbit directly for your sole use, and is shared (at least the portion that connects to the internet will be).

You could try the following values (ArmA2OA.cfg)

MinBandwidth=20000000;

MaxBandwidth=70000000;

MaxMsgSend=512;

MaxSizeGuaranteed=1024;

MaxSizeNonguaranteed=64;

MinErrorToSend=0.0024999999;

I use these across my 2 systems that have a dedicated 100MB direct-link to the Internet.

One other point to note - If you have access to the bandwidth monitoring stats of your system, you can gauge the amount of bandwidth being used at various times/days and tweak the config accordingly.

I'll guage it over about 3 days of use to give fair on/off populations. I'll probably end up using your bandwidth configuration. Thanks for your help I appreciated the response.

Your welcome.

I should have pointed out the reasoning for a couple of the 'settings'

MinBandwidth=20000000;

I selected this value as I know I'll always have this available bandwidth to the system

MaxBandwidth=70000000;

I selected this value as I know I'll never acheive the full bandwidth to my connection (thinking of other systems and services that also utilise my link).

The other values are basically ones I've seen posted by other users (I have tweaked the numbers aorund before, but so far have found these to be the best for me so far).

The 'MinErrorToSend=0.0024999999;' value I believe will help with the map update tracking, and possibly help with warping you can sometimes encounter. This is the value you may tinker with the most.