Sign in to follow this  
Sumrak

Arma 2: Namalsk Crisis

No, i can't get past that part too, because even if im standing and get to objective sabre, nothing happens. And i don't want to use endmission when we are not even close to the end of the mission, so im gonna wait until creator fixes it, hopefully it's not gonna be a long wait.

Btw. i just remembered, in mission "namalsk" when all primary objectives are met, sometimes nothing happens, so might wanna check that out too.

And in mission "help" in the cutscene that helicopter sometimes land properly and sometimes crashes (not sure how it's supposed to happen actually).

Ah ok cool. That also happened me in mission 10, that was a hard one too! Was great though. Here's episode 4:

Only a few, mainly those which I thought might make it easier :) Plus some sound mods.

sthud

stmovement

pradar

mapplus

blastcore visuals

rh_heli_sound_mod

sos (sounds of steel)

jsrs1.5

cba, cba_a2, cba_oa (needed for jsrs I believe)

I guess I should try again without any of those.

I can't see how any of these mods would affect the mission... they are all 'client-side' mods

I can't see how any of these mods would affect the mission... they are all 'client-side' mods

I think in fact he is using TPWCAS (with the integrated TPWLOS stuff) or the ASR AI, since I had the same problem in the first mission but I passed it like that anyway (it's possible imho, you just need to have a lot of timing and luck, and also see what is really killing you)

Also the man standing in the water tower has a insane spotting ability, so you need to kill him if you plan to play with mods like those ones

I think in fact he is using TPWCAS (with the integrated TPWLOS stuff) or the ASR AI, since I had the same problem in the first mission but I passed it like that anyway (it's possible imho, you just need to have a lot of timing and luck, and also see what is really killing you)

No, just the mods listed.

Is there approximate date when to expect bug fixed version, because whenever i'm on pc, i end up checking this thread hoping there is some info or something, i can't wait to continue campaign...

I was trying to set up a health regen script for use with the MP Namalsk crisis campaign using this.

private ["_newDamage","_t"];
hint "Regen Script Started";
while {alive player} do 
{
_t = time;
waitUntil {time - _t > 1};
if (damage player > 0) then 
	{
	_newDamage = (damage player) - 0.05;
	player setdamage _newDamage;
	hintSilent format["Current Damage %1",_newdamage];
	};
sleep 0.10;
};

waitUntil{alive player};
sleep 0.5;
[player] execVM "regen_health.sqf";

Does anyone here know how I could get this working ?

]

This is a known issue, I will prepare a quick fix for you guys.

Nice :) Thanks, APSI device should be not available in these missions yet, that's why I am removing it everytime.

I have already discovered the source of mission 4 problem and it will be fixed soon.

FAIL. Me and my friend spent a long long time trying to complete this mission just to run into a brick wall with this bullshit issue, incompetence.

Ok, guys, newest build of ns_missions.pbo (with sp,mp campaign) is available here. The most game breaking issue with mission 4 (in coop version, sp is OK) should be fixed with this build.

I will try to go through other things in coop campaign too, but I have little to no time to do that currently :(

]

FAIL. Me and my friend spent a long long time trying to complete this mission just to run into a brick wall with this bullshit issue, incompetence.

You're joking, right?

Sumrak's work is without question at the pinnacle of what the free-ARMA-addon community has to offer, and you're abusing him over what is effectively a typo?

I just hope it takes less then 1 month to fix the next typo in campaign.

Well thats not a very nice thing to say, Sumrak has made this all for free. How about you make your own campaign if you cant appreciate other peoples hard work.

Why it's not a nice thing to say, I am genuinely hoping it doesn't take a month for next mission fix, because at that speed he will get in about half a year to mission 12 (where i'm stuck).

If anything, this kind of impatience should be taken as a compliment, if I encountered this much bugs on pretty much any other campaign, i would delete it long time ago, but for this one I registered on this forum, and i'm checking this thread at least 2 times a day from january 8 hoping for fixes, it's that amazing (even my brother that don't like arma at all, likes it and wants to play namalsk with me).

So you can understand my disappointment when i saw him posting a fix, thinking finally it's here! And then see it only fixes bug in mission 4 that has been reported on december 22... but there are even bugs from october that are not fixed yet (though nothing too serious)

There should be a note somewhere before downloading, saying that mp is full of game breaking bugs, it would be helluva lot easier to wait if i didn't even tried the damn thing, and just waited for working release.

PS. sorry sumrak, no hard feelings, you did a good job, i'm just annoyed because i can't play it.

Why it's not a nice thing to say, I am genuinely hoping it doesn't take a month for next mission fix, because at that speed he will get in about half a year to mission 12 (where i'm stuck).

If anything, this kind of impatience should be taken as a compliment, if I encountered this much bugs on pretty much any other campaign, i would delete it long time ago, but for this one I registered on this forum, and i'm checking this thread at least 2 times a day from january 8 hoping for fixes, it's that amazing (even my brother that don't like arma at all, likes it and wants to play namalsk with me).

So you can understand my disappointment when i saw him posting a fix, thinking finally it's here! And then see it only fixes bug in mission 4 that has been reported on december 22... but there are even bugs from october that are not fixed yet (though nothing too serious)

There should be a note somewhere before downloading, saying that mp is full of game breaking bugs, it would be helluva lot easier to wait if i didn't even tried the damn thing, and just waited for working release.

PS. sorry sumrak, no hard feelings, you did a good job, i'm just annoyed because i can't play it.

Trust me, IF I would have enough time, the coop version would be playable just like singleplayer version. But the thing is, it is time consuming to test even singleplayer version. Testing and debugging coop is even more time consuming and requires other people involved (my brother). So that's why I called it as experimental from the release date of coop version. I will do my best to improve the status of coop version with the next point release (which will come with some model fixes too). I will continue to keep an eye on this thread and also try to find some time to improve things using beta builds (like the last one I've released few days ago).

Sounds good Sumrak! You've done an awesome job so far. Looking forward to finishing my coop play through. If you need help testing the coop give me a shout!

Steam: ktulu123

Wow great job guys

Edited by gamera3

So, I'd like to add a few points of view from my perspective.

I hadn't really heard much about Namalsk Crisis when I fired it up at the beggining, but man was I in for a treat!

The story is interesting, and it's quite nice to have the US and Russia cooperating for once! I love the atmosphere, and even though the constant fog can be frustrating, since the AI act like it's not there, it helps to create an atmosphere I didn't think was possible to create in ARMA. The character designs are cool, and you get a feel for the characters. If anything, the campaign could have focused alittle bit more on a few characters, instead of spreading it's focus along so many characters that it might get hard to get attached to them. It's important to get the player to feel something, in case some of the characters dies. If some people die, and players really don't care for it, then it's not as strong a tool for narrative that it might have been with more complex characters. But this is hard to achieve, more so when the story is told through text. And another thing I like to point out is that some of the cut scenes where a bit long. The screen went white or black several times, then stayed like that for too long. A tad more editing, and it would have been perfect. Oh, and one mission (the last one) needed to be restarted several times, due to the fact that I was shot before being able to move every time.

The language was unfortunately not that strong. I realize that you are not a native speaker, but it kind of brakes the immersion. With the Russian characters, it doesn't really matter that much... But it's weird reading diaries from american soldiers with broken English. However, it's not so bad that it doesn't do what it's meant to do, present the story. It's understandable, but could have been better. If the author is ok with it, I'll be happy to have a look at it and give it my best. Just send me a PM, and I'll have a look at it. I am up for rewriting all of it if you like, but I understand that it requires alot of work for you as well... This late after release, it might not be much of a point. But for your next release, I highly suggest to have someone look at the writing and make sure that it's a bit better next time. That being said, for all this work to be done by one guy, you have to be impressed.

I know that ARMA II's campaign is very different from this, and some people might react when I compare them... But the over all quality of the story, the missions and the narrative is much, much better in Namalsk Crisis than it is in ARMA II's vanilla campaign. I highly recommend Bohemia Interactive to play through this campaign and pick up a thing or two on how to present and tell a good story. Especially characterization, and the feeling of being a small piece of a large operation. The constant reminder that you are alone in this, and that no one will notice it if you are gone is really, really powerful. For me, the ending wasn't the strongest, but in retrospective, it builds up around that point... The fact that the player, and further down the line, the individual solider is not that significant. But you still feel like cooperating towards a goal that is actually larger than you. To feel that you have the entire world in your back out there is reassuring. The fact that you are fighting a just cause... Oh, and let's not forget the music and ambient sound track... Superb... I feel that pretty much covers it. Excellent choice of music and background ambiance all the way through. It pleased my ears from start to finish.

This rates among the best experiences I've had with ARMA II, and is even close at being level with Operation Flashpoints original campaign at some points. I would feel better if ARMA II was shipped with this campaign instead of the stock one. Yeah, sure, the stock one has vocals and are a bit more polished... But it's not even close to as atmospheric, interesting and claustrophobic as this mission is. And it's also very varied. No mission felt like the last one, and I feel it took advantage of all of what the game provides you.

I will not be surprised if this campaign receives some kind of an award. I think it stands as an achievement on its own for many years to come.

Sumrak, thank you so much for this experience! You rock!

I'm not sure if you know already, but the co-op (Even with your newest fix) is still broken. I've been able to get past mission four, but the problem lies after mission four. When I hit mission five, the game just takes me to a mission select screen, from which I have also tried selecting mission five. And it just goes back to the same menu. So, still cannot play past mission four. I understand the problem with you testing co-op. It's just frustrating that I can't see past mission four.

There is a way to get around that, and continue playing, but what's the point when ur gonna run into next bug after 1 or 2 missions, better wait until the whole cammpaign is fixed, or ur just gonna get frustrated/disappointed. It's all dayz's fault imo.

So, I'd like to add a few points of view from my perspective.

I hadn't really heard much about Namalsk Crisis when I fired it up at the beggining, but man was I in for a treat!

The story is interesting, and it's quite nice to have the US and Russia cooperating for once! I love the atmosphere, and even though the constant fog can be frustrating, since the AI act like it's not there, it helps to create an atmosphere I didn't think was possible to create in ARMA. The character designs are cool, and you get a feel for the characters. If anything, the campaign could have focused alittle bit more on a few characters, instead of spreading it's focus along so many characters that it might get hard to get attached to them. It's important to get the player to feel something, in case some of the characters dies. If some people die, and players really don't care for it, then it's not as strong a tool for narrative that it might have been with more complex characters. But this is hard to achieve, more so when the story is told through text. And another thing I like to point out is that some of the cut scenes where a bit long. The screen went white or black several times, then stayed like that for too long. A tad more editing, and it would have been perfect. Oh, and one mission (the last one) needed to be restarted several times, due to the fact that I was shot before being able to move every time.

The language was unfortunately not that strong. I realize that you are not a native speaker, but it kind of brakes the immersion. With the Russian characters, it doesn't really matter that much... But it's weird reading diaries from american soldiers with broken English. However, it's not so bad that it doesn't do what it's meant to do, present the story. It's understandable, but could have been better. If the author is ok with it, I'll be happy to have a look at it and give it my best. Just send me a PM, and I'll have a look at it. I am up for rewriting all of it if you like, but I understand that it requires alot of work for you as well... This late after release, it might not be much of a point. But for your next release, I highly suggest to have someone look at the writing and make sure that it's a bit better next time. That being said, for all this work to be done by one guy, you have to be impressed.

I know that ARMA II's campaign is very different from this, and some people might react when I compare them... But the over all quality of the story, the missions and the narrative is much, much better in Namalsk Crisis than it is in ARMA II's vanilla campaign. I highly recommend Bohemia Interactive to play through this campaign and pick up a thing or two on how to present and tell a good story. Especially characterization, and the feeling of being a small piece of a large operation. The constant reminder that you are alone in this, and that no one will notice it if you are gone is really, really powerful. For me, the ending wasn't the strongest, but in retrospective, it builds up around that point... The fact that the player, and further down the line, the individual solider is not that significant. But you still feel like cooperating towards a goal that is actually larger than you. To feel that you have the entire world in your back out there is reassuring. The fact that you are fighting a just cause... Oh, and let's not forget the music and ambient sound track... Superb... I feel that pretty much covers it. Excellent choice of music and background ambiance all the way through. It pleased my ears from start to finish.

This rates among the best experiences I've had with ARMA II, and is even close at being level with Operation Flashpoints original campaign at some points. I would feel better if ARMA II was shipped with this campaign instead of the stock one. Yeah, sure, the stock one has vocals and are a bit more polished... But it's not even close to as atmospheric, interesting and claustrophobic as this mission is. And it's also very varied. No mission felt like the last one, and I feel it took advantage of all of what the game provides you.

I will not be surprised if this campaign receives some kind of an award. I think it stands as an achievement on its own for many years to come.

Sumrak, thank you so much for this experience! You rock!

Oh, yes, the cutscenes (and not only them), lets say, the campaign is composed from missions with pretty different age, which does have some kind of impact from the design point of view and even story-wide impact, the whole campaign should be more consistent than it is now. But we have to deal with the way it is currently done, because changing this at this point would be not really the smartest idea,

-

Yes, this is something I would want to definitely improve with my next project and I would want to experiment even with the voice acting, because I think it is really missing there :/ I will remember you and if I will have some texts for my next bigger project, I will let you know :p I really appreciate any kind of help, which would make my English better.. we've been trying to improve it Namalsk Crisis, but it is really hard to do for that big amount of texts.

-

Thanks :D that's really nice to hear, well as I said earlier, I cannot wait when I will start with my next project (from the story and coming mini-campaign perspective) so much things I've learned with Namalsk Crisis, can't wait to apply all of this properly and not just building upon the older missions.

Thanks for your points! :) I will be doing all I could possibly do to make my next bigger thing better!

I'm not sure if you know already, but the co-op (Even with your newest fix) is still broken. I've been able to get past mission four, but the problem lies after mission four. When I hit mission five, the game just takes me to a mission select screen, from which I have also tried selecting mission five. And it just goes back to the same menu. So, still cannot play past mission four. I understand the problem with you testing co-op. It's just frustrating that I can't see past mission four.

Yup, there are serveral reports, I know about this and I will try to solve everything as soon as possible.

It's all dayz's fault imo.

DayZ has little to no impact on this, its more like I don't have time because of work and last year in school, with my final year-work, its pretty intense last few months. Priorities are unfortunately somewhere else currently.

Anyway, some good news also, Vilas has helped me with fixing & improving models on Namalsk (+ also prepared some bonus stuff). Be prepared, that next update for Namalsk Crisis will include them (so it will be a bit bigger). Unfortunately there is no ETA for it currently, refer to ↑

Hey there Sumrak.

I've been lurking on these forums for months, but I finally registered just to congratulate you on your effort ;)

Despite it's flaws (broken english, some bugs and one I'm gonna talk about more in a moment) it's still pretty amazing, man! I played up to mission 16 (Tara Assault) in one sitting, and this speaks volumes, since I've never played more than 3-4 missions of the original campaigns in a row. If you would give all the campaign text to someone who could improve it (both grammatically and stylistically) and somehow manage to get some voiceovers, you could go retail with this :D

BUG REPORT: In the mission where I was supposed to order the destruction of Tunguska, the said vehicle flipped, driver got out, I killed the driver and... nothing. Even the objective disappeared from the map. I couldn't call for support, I tried destroying Tunguska myself, but nothing helped. I had to resort to shift - endmission.

Now to my major issue with the mod - color modules. I understand what you tried to achieve (atmosphere wise), but I'd say you overdid it. Even though I have a monitor that displays beautiful and true to life colors (it has to, since I'm a graphic designer), all I can see it's grey, bluish-grey and green (NVG). It's very straining on the eyes and not very pleasing aesthetically. In my 20+ years of gaming, it's the 1st time that I ever got a slight headache while playing a game. Is there an easy way to tone down the modules globally by 35-50%? Not only the game would better overall, but it would be (quite literally) easier on the eyes. Switching back and forth between eye-burning green to black and white is very unpleasant and frankly, it gets old after the first 4-5 missions. If you don't want to change it permanently that's fine - it's your mod. An easy option to scale those color modules would be awesome for the end-user though. Please consider it in the next update :cool:

Look at Matrix or Metal Gear Solid games. Color saturation is still present in those examples, but one is distinctly hinted green and the other is hinted blue. On one hand they look "natural", on the other hand the everpresent hint is very noticable and creates that slightly outlandish atmosphere.

BTW, can't wait for the fully functional co-op! I've already hyped the crap out of this mod among my clanmates :D

Cheers!

Edited by MaxiM_PL

Hey sumrak!

I've got some issues with namalsk crisis and i'd like to have some help!

I own Arma2 and Arma2 OA, i'm using steam and i've combined them to combined operations (however i couldnt launch it as CO after installing namalsk crisis)

I downloaded the 1.00 version + the 1.00 to 1.10 version and have this in launch options -mod=@NC

When i start up the game i get an error about missing UTES

Whenever i want to play(host) the coop with my friend this occurs:

Item0.vehicle vehicle class citizen does not longer exist

then

No entry Namalsk.Ambient

And then i see a black screen with current tasks

When i continue i see the scoreboard and if i press continue i'll end up in the lobby where i can only press continue (an endless loop)

I cannot join my mate's server either, he has exactly the same problem.. what did we do wrong?

Greets!

At first kudos for the mod Sumrak

We are bunch of OPA's playing Namalsk crisis-dayz , having fun and i mean lots of fun

Specialy with searching for the portable solder,broken nvg/gps

And now after i said try the SP version of the mod , most did some made it to the end a few stuck (we cant be all Rambo-5 :soldier: )

Ok some things need a fix , but nevertheless still a good job

Just to let u know , we be waiting for the next update :436:

So thx , and hats off :pc: