Sign in to follow this  
Sumrak

Arma 2: Namalsk Crisis

The looking range for target (500 meters) is hard-coded in control script, same as the invisibility / visibility range. So the only way is changing the script itself. (nst\ns_modules\mutants\script\)

Mutant module should do more things than currently :D So I am afraid, you will need to script these things (it is not that hard though).

http://download.nightstalkers.cz/arma2/nc22_features.namalsk.7z

This would be a great option if there were parameters we could adjust (in a module or a script) - the target distance and other behaviors.. but I understand this probably isn't easy and you have other tasks on your plate.

Well I just realized, why it shouldn't work :D Just tried it and you can control bloodsucker pretty much except you don't have that good skills at finding enemies :p And it is pretty confusing when you cant see your body :D

Thanks I'm going to check it out.. it makes for a lot of fun if there are one or two humans as bloodsuckers (like the Predator mod)

Sumrak, I deleted EVERYTHING from my @NC folder with your campaign. Then I went to your website and red this:

[Arma II Combined Operations users]

If you don't own Namalsk Crisis at all, proceed with the download of Namalsk Crisis, Update 2 - Pathfinder full package and then patch this installation with the newest update 2.2.

So I followed the instructions and put three things in my folder:

1. File nc_v1.10

2. File nc_pathfinder_u1

3. File nc_pathfinder_u2

(just like what your website is telling me to use)

When I start the game i get error messages that addon Namalsk needs addon NS, needs addon NS_plants, etc. WTF am I doing wrong?!?!?!? Please help! Give clear instructions which addons do I need to play your latest campaign, because there are so many of these f***g Namalsk addons out there I am going absolutely crazy right now!!!

Dont forget to leave \Addons folder there (in @NC), anyway,

If you don't own Namalsk Crisis at all, proceed with the download of Namalsk Crisis, Update 2 - Pathfinder full package and then patch this installation with the newest update 2.2.

the instructions are telling you, that you should download full package of Namalsk Crisis, Update 2 - Pathfinder, so just go http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14194, download this and then download Update 2.2 here http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1793.

Hey Sumrak and thnaks for the help for now. I have one more request in terms of ambient weather.

In the Menu Cutscene showing the most southern Army Base on top of the Mountain (the one with the massive antenna and the helipad next to it), there is some kind of snowstorm-effect. Also, due to a bug i had once while my arma was lagging, i noticed it tried to load a script like blizzard.sqm or something similar. Such a weather effect would be great with my missions and i wanted to ask you how i could archieve this snow storm, and whats the script to create it?

Yes, this can happen, its a part of nim weather mod, you can check it out in the full package here http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7659

This would be a great option if there were parameters we could adjust (in a module or a script) - the target distance and other behaviors.. but I understand this probably isn't easy and you have other tasks on your plate.

That shouldn't be that hard I think, anyway, I would love to rewrite those scripts completely from scratch, because I would make them a lot better this time, but there is little to no time for that, so I rather somehow improved the current.

Namalsk Crisis

version v1.15.3

(Update 2.3)

This update is for users, who owns Namalsk Crisis v1.15 (Update 2 aka "Pathfinder")

This update supports last week's release, adding some enhancements to the Blowout module and same as the previous updates, improving the overall gameplay on Namalsk. For more information about previous updates, refer to http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?118731-Arma-2-Namalsk-Crisis&p=2263836&viewfull=1#post2263836 and http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?118731-Arma-2-Namalsk-Crisis&p=2247823&viewfull=1#post2247823.

Changelog:

Added: Players can now recognize EVR/Blowout by certain signals (post process effects, sound effects) even without the protection device (under 5 minutes before its begin, only module version!)
Changed: EVR/Blowout module is now generating longer default periods between each EVR/Blowout sequences (not in dayz mode)
Changed: Driving a car on grass surface should no longer be faster than on road
Changed: Bloodsucker have now more health (health of bloodsucker was somehow compromised (lowered) during the last year of Arma II development)
Fixed: Locality issues with 'dzn_fnc_breathfog' - breath fog script will now end properly when other unit (not player) is killed
+ contains changes from [url="http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?118731-Arma-2-Namalsk-Crisis&p=2263836&viewfull=1#post2263836"]Update 2.2[/url]
+ contains changes from [url="http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?118731-Arma-2-Namalsk-Crisis&p=2247823&viewfull=1#post2247823"]Update 2.1[/url]

List of files:

namalsk.pbo
namalsk.pbo.NST.bisign
ns_missions.pbo
ns_missions.pbo.NST.bisign
ns_modules.pbo
ns_modules.pbo.NST.bisign
ns_mutants.pbo
ns_mutants.pbo.NST.bisign

Installation:

This update is for Namalsk Crisis v1.15 (Update 2 aka "Pathfinder").

This update contains all previous updates (2.1, 2.2), so again, you only need Namalsk Crisis v1.15 (Update 2 aka "Pathfinder") or any other 1.15.x version.

Extract content of the downloaded archive nc_pathfinder_u3.7z, extract it into @NC\Addons\ and confirm the file overwrite.

Download:

Namalsk Crisis, Update 2.3 [to v1.15.3], 97MB, 7z archive

nightstalkers.cz ftp

Enjoy!

Sumrak,

leader and creator of Namalsk Crisis campaign & Nightstalkers: Shadow of Namalsk modification

sumrak@nightstalkers.cz

http://www.nightstalkers.cz

http://twitter.com/#!/Sumr4k

Edited by Sumrak

Thanks for the update and the enhanced module features!!

I'm getting a really nasty bug on coop right now, i've been stuck here for about 30 minutes.

We are doing mission 4, but no matter what it will not complete.

We get into the house we are supposed to be in, roam through all of it to see if the mission completes (It didn't). Then we simply die, the text goes by, saying namalsk crisis blah blah. Then it lists the missions

and just shows mission 4 again. Mission 5 refuses to appear. We have tried this many many many times.

I am almost positive we installed things correctly, and we have tried many many times and different positions. We even tried going exactly to the

orange marker under the stairs set by the task.

This problem can also clearly be seen in this youtube video I was looking at to try and find a solution.

We are both using version 2.3

We really want to play further past the prologue, the campaign seems super cool.

Please help as soon as you can.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I was able to get the 5th mission to appear by using Ctrl + - (Numpad) and typing in endmission. But the 5th mission does not load correctly. It lets me click on it once,

but then it goes to the normal mission selector, and once I hit play nothing happens. I also assume that doing this will cause more problems.

Edited by BioHazardX
Added more.

Impressive work, I just finished the Awakening in Hell mission and I'm having a blast. The most impressive thing is the atmosphere, heck, it is so immersive, it's even more hellish than what I remember from Stalker. When I listened to the bloodsucker cry I almost had an heart attack =P

I have been playing with TPWCAS, ASR AI Addon, and JSRS, and the difficulty of the first mission was very hard, mostly because of the spotting abilities of the AI (I'm playing in Veteran to have unlimited saves), but the other ones were fine.

Also, playing with Tamika makes for a more personal feeling with the gameplay, it's well chosen

Thanks for your work, I will have some fun with the rest of the campaign, and I will report something if something doesn't work

Edited by NacroxNicke

Hey guys.

I've played a fair bit of Namalsk through DayZ and when I heard that it was originally an original ARMA2 campaign I had to give it a whirl.

I've been playing for a few hours now and as an avid STALKER fan I have to say I really am enjoying it. Especially since I can be in the rain and not catch the bloody flu!

I am having a problem though. I cannot locate these bloody night vision goggles. I've looked through this thread and I've read the vague hints other players have hinted at but still no avail. I assume the camo nets with the UAZ are located in Western side of grid 072-019.

I've checked every crate, inside the UAZ and tried crawling through the grass trying to find something just sitting there. I admit I am running Namalsk Crisis with JSRS1.4 but I don't see it being a problem if I am not experiencing any other issues.

If I really am just missing something obvious, please, someone spell it out for me!

EDIT:

I found a set in mission seven.

In a box at the saw mill where you first encounter the zombies in the game.

But where are they in mission six?

Edited by grylsyjaeger

Something got updated again?

Please, I love reading change logs for some reason.

The ns_dayz.pbo.gz file was updated so maybe it's something related to DayZ

Hey guys, sorry, I am kind of busy last few days. :(

Thanks for the update and the enhanced module features!!

No problem ;)

I'm getting a really nasty bug on coop right now, i've been stuck here for about 30 minutes.

We are doing mission 4, but no matter what it will not complete.

We get into the house we are supposed to be in, roam through all of it to see if the mission completes (It didn't). Then we simply die, the text goes by, saying namalsk crisis blah blah. Then it lists the missions

and just shows mission 4 again. Mission 5 refuses to appear. We have tried this many many many times.

I am almost positive we installed things correctly, and we have tried many many times and different positions. We even tried going exactly to the

orange marker under the stairs set by the task.

This problem can also clearly be seen in this youtube video I was looking at to try and find a solution.

We are both using version 2.3

We really want to play further past the prologue, the campaign seems super cool.

Please help as soon as you can.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I was able to get the 5th mission to appear by using Ctrl + - (Numpad) and typing in endmission. But the 5th mission does not load correctly. It lets me click on it once,

but then it goes to the normal mission selector, and once I hit play nothing happens. I also assume that doing this will cause more problems.

Well I think I managed to remove this weirdness by commenting one line of code, coop players were killing each other :eek: (well, okay, their scripts..)

There will be definitely next update coming up within like 14 days or so. Until then, try to use campaign cheat in the campaign menu, so you can unlock next mission. They are not dependent on each other, so it should run fine.

Impressive work, I just finished the Awakening in Hell mission and I'm having a blast. The most impressive thing is the atmosphere, heck, it is so immersive, it's even more hellish than what I remember from Stalker. When I listened to the bloodsucker cry I almost had an heart attack =P

I have been playing with TPWCAS, ASR AI Addon, and JSRS, and the difficulty of the first mission was very hard, mostly because of the spotting abilities of the AI (I'm playing in Veteran to have unlimited saves), but the other ones were fine.

Also, playing with Tamika makes for a more personal feeling with the gameplay, it's well chosen

Thanks for your work, I will have some fun with the rest of the campaign, and I will report something if something doesn't work

Hey guys.

I've played a fair bit of Namalsk through DayZ and when I heard that it was originally an original ARMA2 campaign I had to give it a whirl.

I've been playing for a few hours now and as an avid STALKER fan I have to say I really am enjoying it. Especially since I can be in the rain and not catch the bloody flu!

I am having a problem though. I cannot locate these bloody night vision goggles. I've looked through this thread and I've read the vague hints other players have hinted at but still no avail. I assume the camo nets with the UAZ are located in Western side of grid 072-019.

I've checked every crate, inside the UAZ and tried crawling through the grass trying to find something just sitting there. I admit I am running Namalsk Crisis with JSRS1.4 but I don't see it being a problem if I am not experiencing any other issues.

If I really am just missing something obvious, please, someone spell it out for me!

EDIT:

I found a set in mission seven.

In a box at the saw mill where you first encounter the zombies in the game.

But where are they in mission six?

Yes, they are :p

Vorkuta outskirts

Something got updated again?

Please, I love reading change logs for some reason.

Last update is still 2.3 (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?118731-Arma-2-Namalsk-Crisis&p=2266622&viewfull=1#post2266622)

I have a problem/bug in namalsk campaign, this might be spoiler for some people, so be carefull if you didn't finish mission 3!

I played mission 3 with my friend (the one where you need to infiltrate vorkuta) and just when we got to the wall where mission ends, as we completed objective and screen started to fade to black, i got shot and died.

The problem is, when we restart mission, i spawn dead every time. We tried mission after that, i spawn dead anyway. Im alive only on those 3 missions before vorkuta.

Is there any way to solve this? Are there save files anywere so i delete them and start over, would that fix the problem?

And what happens if 1 of us die, and other 1 finishes mission, was this isolated bug, or does it happen every time when only 1 finishes mission, so I don't try it again? Or you can finish mission with only 1 alive, and proceed to next mission with both of them alive?

EDIT: In case anyone gets this weird game breaking bug, just find your save files --> Documents\ArmA 2\Saved\nst\ns_missions\campaigns\nc_mp and delete contents of that folder, you will lose all progress, but you can use endmission, to quickly get to level you were before.

Edited by Gwynbleidd

I'm starting a new series of Namalsk Crisis. More people need to know about this awesome mod!!

Episode 1

Yf3RUhKPIMw

Quick question actually, on mission 4 (Vorkuta) when you have to get to shelter in the town. Do I have to find an apsi device first? We keep getting killed by the EVR blowout. Any help here would be awesome!

Edit: I've just had another look at what's going on with my game, In the single player from mission 2 onwards I seem to spawn with the apsi device. But if I start from mission 2 in coop I dont have the device in my inventory. Anyone know why?

Thanks!

Edited by ktulu123

Im after looking at through the ns_missions.pbo & found that the first two lines of the init.sqf file have code that removes the APSI device. This seems to be the issue, is it supposed to be like that Sumrak? Any way to fix it?

Spoiler alert! Read only if you finished mission 10.

Ok, so i start mission 8, and like in all missions before there are 2 people (alex nuvikov and tamika) few seconds later long cutscene starts. After that i get primary task to get to the compund a bit south to the transmitter, after walking for about 5-10 seconds task completed even if i didn't get to compound, no enemies anywhere, basically mission is like a long cutscene.

Mission 9 - called "help" , cutscene from the start, i see tamika watching at helicopter that crashes after a few seconds, i thought maybe i need to get to helicopter and help survivors if there are any, but no, mission completed after cutscene.

Mission 10, instead of tamika, im now alex nuvikov on some random place with some other guy that i see for the first time, and tamika contacts me with radio, and the primary task get to the dam fails in the first second of the game as soon as i spawn.

Now I am asking you guys that completed first 10 missions, is this a bug, or is it supposed to happen, did it happen to you guys? Or did i miss some stuff in mission 8-9 because it ends right after cutscene every time i try it? Because if it's not a bug, why make 2 missions in a row that are cutscenes? And then in mission 10 drop me on some random place without explanation how did i got there, and how did i got separated from tamika, and who is the guy with me...

Edited by Foxhound
spoilers belong between spoiler tags!!

Man this is hard. I can barely survive 5 minutes on the first mission as I seem to get spotted as soon as I crawl past the dinghy right next to where I start. It seems quite hard to see much with the grass and nightvision glare as well. I guess I must be doing something very wrong so any tips?

Man this is hard. I can barely survive 5 minutes on the first mission as I seem to get spotted as soon as I crawl past the dinghy right next to where I start. It seems quite hard to see much with the grass and nightvision glare as well. I guess I must be doing something very wrong so any tips?

As soon as I get up from the shore, I kill the first two guys. Take a sneak around the right side and hug the edge of the water I think if I remember last time I played.

Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong direction at the start and I'm getting shot from behind or something. I'll try watching the other way to see if anyone's coming. I did actually stay below the shore ridge last time and crawled along to the end and lasted a bit longer that time ;)

[Don't read if you havent finnished mission4]

When I play mission 4 on mp I always get killed by that radiation, eaven tough Im in safe house. Any suggestions on how I can skip this mission since I can't finnish it? Also on single player I can finnish the mission without any troubles.

That's because you don't have the APSI device. For some reason its in the code to delete it at the start of the mission. Im waiting for Sumrak to hopefully get back to me about it.

What you can do is "cheat" & use the endmission thing. But I want to do it correctly

I have a problem/bug in namalsk campaign, this might be spoiler for some people, so be carefull if you didn't finish mission 3!

I played mission 3 with my friend (the one where you need to infiltrate vorkuta) and just when we got to the wall where mission ends, as we completed objective and screen started to fade to black, i got shot and died.

The problem is, when we restart mission, i spawn dead every time. We tried mission after that, i spawn dead anyway. Im alive only on those 3 missions before vorkuta.

Is there any way to solve this? Are there save files anywere so i delete them and start over, would that fix the problem?

And what happens if 1 of us die, and other 1 finishes mission, was this isolated bug, or does it happen every time when only 1 finishes mission, so I don't try it again? Or you can finish mission with only 1 alive, and proceed to next mission with both of them alive?

EDIT: In case anyone gets this weird game breaking bug, just find your save files --> Documents\ArmA 2\Saved\nst\ns_missions\campaigns\nc_mp and delete contents of that folder, you will lose all progress, but you can use endmission, to quickly get to level you were before.

This is a known issue, I will prepare a quick fix for you guys.

I'm starting a new series of Namalsk Crisis. More people need to know about this awesome mod!!

Episode 1

Quick question actually, on mission 4 (Vorkuta) when you have to get to shelter in the town. Do I have to find an apsi device first? We keep getting killed by the EVR blowout. Any help here would be awesome!

Edit: I've just had another look at what's going on with my game, In the single player from mission 2 onwards I seem to spawn with the apsi device. But if I start from mission 2 in coop I dont have the device in my inventory. Anyone know why?

Thanks!

Nice :) Thanks, APSI device should be not available in these missions yet, that's why I am removing it everytime.

I have already discovered the source of mission 4 problem and it will be fixed soon.

Spoiler alert! Read only if you finished mission 10.

Ok, so i start mission 8, and like in all missions before there are 2 people (alex nuvikov and tamika) few seconds later long cutscene starts. After that i get primary task to get to the compund a bit south to the transmitter, after walking for about 5-10 seconds task completed even if i didn't get to compound, no enemies anywhere, basically mission is like a long cutscene.

Mission 9 - called "help" , cutscene from the start, i see tamika watching at helicopter that crashes after a few seconds, i thought maybe i need to get to helicopter and help survivors if there are any, but no, mission completed after cutscene.

Mission 10, instead of tamika, im now alex nuvikov on some random place with some other guy that i see for the first time, and tamika contacts me with radio, and the primary task get to the dam fails in the first second of the game as soon as i spawn.

Now I am asking you guys that completed first 10 missions, is this a bug, or is it supposed to happen, did it happen to you guys? Or did i miss some stuff in mission 8-9 because it ends right after cutscene every time i try it? Because if it's not a bug, why make 2 missions in a row that are cutscenes? And then in mission 10 drop me on some random place without explanation how did i got there, and how did i got separated from tamika, and who is the guy with me...

Mission 8 is a bit longer cutscene with few seconds of gameplay

Mission 9 is cutscene

Mission 10 .. everything is described in tasks / diaries.

The only problem is that you basically have coop version, which is just extended singleplayer (thats why you have another dude there.. this is not solved in the story itself, the mission texts are still talking only about 1 person present - in the beginning, later, there are missions with other people), I don't know if you are playing it with friend or not, if not, start singleplayer version ;)

It shouldnt be that hardcore :) Do you have any other mods active?

It shouldnt be that hardcore :) Do you have any other mods active?

Only a few, mainly those which I thought might make it easier :) Plus some sound mods.

sthud

stmovement

pradar

mapplus

blastcore visuals

rh_heli_sound_mod

sos (sounds of steel)

jsrs1.5

cba, cba_a2, cba_oa (needed for jsrs I believe)

I guess I should try again without any of those.

Nice :) Thanks, APSI device should be not available in these missions yet, that's why I am removing it every time.

I have already discovered the source of mission 4 problem and it will be fixed soon.

Thanks dude, great to hear. I've now got to mission 12 "Reconnaissance", I can land the HALO jump like a boss :D. I then meet up with my buddy & we go to the objective where an EVR blow out knocks us out. We then wake up & can look around but nothing else happens. I managed to get my character up & running but my friend could only see my screen & his character was bugged.

Edit: Episode 3

cheers

Edited by ktulu123

Yea same happens to friend that plays with me, we just played that mission today, first time he sees through my screen, I could get up after, but can't finish mission because nothing happens when i get to objective.

Next time he again looks through my screen, but we are both down, and only can reload rifle, or turn on/off flashlight.

I really love this campaign, it's amazing especially since i'm stalker fan, but man those bugs are game breaking, more or less like in stalker - clear sky :D

Those bugs are only present on the Coop version, since I have been playing in the SP version with no bugs so far

The thing is, i don't find sp in arma interesting, so i'll just wait until coop version is working properly. Another 2 things that i noticed in "Reconnaissance" mission, first 1 i'm not sure is it a bug, im just letting you know in case you don't know about it so you can fix it if you want, but it's not really a big deal.

At the start of the mission, I have to make that jump to the position marked on map, and in tasks it says the other guy will make the jump after me, and he should be there in 20 seconds, the thing is that other guy my friend is controling is always on the ground on east side on island, until i make the jump, then he gets teleported on west side, and then we meet up.

The other thing is definitely a bug, but not that big deal too. 1 of us doesn't have nv goggles, and that's ok because i have a flashlight on rifle, so i gave my goggles to other guy, the thing is, i found another nv goggles on a dead guy in a compound (that's the only reason i went there to check it for goggles, and some other supplies, or i would've taken the shortcut to objective) but when we get to objective just a little bit before blowout (in the place where both me and my friend, and ktulu and his friend get stuck), my goggles disappear from my inventory, what kinda isn't fair cuz i searched for them, but again, it's not game breaking, just letting you know.

Have you got past mission 12 though? We cant seem to progress further than that part when we get knocked down