Sign in to follow this  
Sumrak

Arma 2: Namalsk Crisis

Of course I personally could, but since we're a rather large community we prefer to have our mods in a "one click install/update" type of way.

In that case i would contact six updater and request that it is added to it.

First of all, thanks Sumrak for this awesome mod/campaign. You obviously put a huge amount of time and passion in it. Loved playing it so far! :)

I found a bug today which doesn't let me play mission 15.

(Minor spoilers inside, be warned)

Bug in mission 15 "After"

The mission begins, I (Goben) stand in front of Tamika and Maxx and nothing is happening.

Luckily I figured out what the problem was since it's a really small one. The script "scena.sqf" doesn't get executed because you accidentally commented this line in the "init.sqf" out:

//_bul = [] execVM "scena.sqf";

Hope this was helpful and once again, thanks for your work!

[/color]How the hell guys complete Coast I misson? I cant avoid to be detected even i think i sneaking up very nicely. Always hear shots from nowhere and bang :(

Check the factory roof for sniper, those shots may be from him

First of all, thanks Sumrak for this awesome mod/campaign. You obviously put a huge amount of time and passion in it. Loved playing it so far! :)

The mission begins, I (Goben) stand in front of Tamika and Maxx and nothing is happening.

Luckily I figured out what the problem was since it's a really small one. The script "scena.sqf" doesn't get executed because you accidentally commented this line in the "init.sqf" out:

Thank you for your investigation!

Kill me now!! :D Mission inactive because of the commented line, oh, uh :o... well noted and fixed, pending :bounce3:

I have the same Problem.

Same. I see this at the start of every mission. Downloaded the full package rather than updating an old namalsk install.

Yes, i have the same problem with missions (Open it in editor and save again). First i try patch from 1.10 to 1.15. Then i copy full version 1.15. The same situation.

Glad this has come up now.

I'll wait for 1.16 or whatever the fix for this is.

Looking forward to all that extra goodness in Namalsk.

Lots of extra buildings that are more than decorative boxes will be great (ie. units can enter them) and the glass set to actual glass for ballistics will be good.

If you are planning to make a hotfix in the near future, maybe these two things can be addressed as well.

Again minor campaign spoilers.

In the Tara Assault mission, the player starts as some kind of camera(?) and can float around the island. I didn't really know what to do or if this sequence was supposed to end. I went around this by pressing 'T' and then use "Switch to" to get control of my alter ego. I'm not sure if that's a bug at all or if I just was too impatient.

The second thing I noticed was in the Infiltration mission. By pressing 'T' I could get control of a NAC Sniper in the first outpost in the little clearing in the woods. But maybe that counts as easteregg. :rolleyes:

I didn't have time to look closer into those two minor issues, but I stumbled upon them while I was playing lately. Unfortunately I won't be at home until November so I can't check it again.

If you are planning to make a hotfix in the near future, maybe these two things can be addressed as well.

Again minor campaign spoilers.

In the Tara Assault mission, the player starts as some kind of camera(?) and can float around the island. I didn't really know what to do or if this sequence was supposed to end. I went around this by pressing 'T' and then use "Switch to" to get control of my alter ego. I'm not sure if that's a bug at all or if I just was too impatient.

The second thing I noticed was in the Infiltration mission. By pressing 'T' I could get control of a NAC Sniper in the first outpost in the little clearing in the woods. But maybe that counts as easteregg. :rolleyes:

I didn't have time to look closer into those two minor issues, but I stumbled upon them while I was playing lately. Unfortunately I won't be at home until November so I can't check it again.

Thanks!

Well this looks like somehow my debug things made it into rc :eek:, I am really not sure about that how that happened, but I will definitely investigate it, expect the beta build this weekend.

Whats up everyone, just thought Id ask a quick question about this mission (Awakening in Hell) I have almost completed it, but have been running around for ages trying to find the information needed to complete the 2ndary objective. I go to the area that it has displayed on the map for the location, it brings me close to the area where you find the night vision goggles in a sense, but the area it sends me too is just a small group of trees with nothing around it but a water well, and like a small church looking thing with a cross on the top of it, running around I havent been able to see anything or get a quick action menu thing to choose or nothing...is there a bug or am I totally missing something? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks....ARMA is ammmmmmmmmAAAAZING...thanks

---------- Post added at 18:10 ---------- Previous post was at 17:34 ----------

Sorry to bring back this old thread if you don't want it, but I am seriously stuck on mission 6, awakening in @#!*% .

I get to this outpost with a working Radar and I find a laptop in a tent and a box with a phone type thing in it but I get no option to interact. I try and go to the mission objective 2 village to find some documents but I die of radiation poisoning before I can get there. Should I search vorkuta? It is really big to search in the fog/dark etc.

I would really appreciate some help with this mission. I am loving the campaign, just annoying being stuck when it's really starting to take off.

Hey man, any new info on this mission? Have you completed it yet. I was in the same sitchiation you are in or was in. I go to the area where it says the documents or info is supposed to be, but nothing...I also saw the laptop and briefcase, but nothing there either. Let me know if you completed it cause I'd also like some help. Thanks a bunch...good luck.

Here's some tips to those having issue with mission 6: Awakening in Hell.

The NVG is under some camo nets nearby the map marker for objective 1 (SW, if I remember correctly, near an old farm and a UAZ).

The laptop and sat-phone are just props with no in-game/mission function.

No need to search Vorkuta to finish the mission.

The doc's in the ruined building with the MG nests will end the mission.

To avoid radiation there is a circuitous route you can take.

I have this same issue. I'm kinda new to all this, but is there a way I can fix it myself?

Sumrak said we'll release a hotfix soon. If you don't want to wait, here's how you do it yourself:

You need to extract the .pbo files of the Namalsk addon. Use e.g. PBOView. You need to find the .pbo that contains the mission and is named appropriately (missions.pbo or something like that, I'm not at home, so I can't check at the moment.)

There you'll find a folder that contains all files for this mission. Look for a file called "init.sqf", open it with the editor and search for this line: //_bul = [] execVM "scena.sqf";

Delete the two slashes so it reads: _bul = [] execVM "scena.sqf";

Voilà, that's all there is to it.

e: Well, just a little bit more to be clear.

Save and close the file in the editor. Repack the missions you just edited with PBOView and give it the same name it had before (e.g. missions.pbo). Replace the .pbo file you just created with the one in your Namalsk addon folder. Be sure to keep a backup of the original file! Restart/revert to mission 15.

Edited by zimms

Namalsk Crisis

version v1.15.1

(Update 2.1)

This update is for users, who owns Namalsk Crisis Update 2

This smaller update is focusing on the fixing some campaign issues and some discovered things around objects positions on Namalsk island.

I would like to thank you guys here for your feedback and reports! :)

Changelog:

Fixed some spelling errors in the campaign texts
Fixed 'bad link to a static object' in mission 01a,01b and 03
Fixed issue in mission 15, where the mission flow was not properly started because of commented line of code
Fixed issue in mission 16, where camera.sqs script appeared at the start of the mission
Fixed issue in mission 16 and 18, when player was able to choose alternate identity
Fixed & changed several objects positions on Namalsk island 

List of files:

namalsk.pbo
namalsk.pbo.NST.bisign
ns_missions.pbo
ns_missions.pbo.NST.bisign

Installation:

This update is for Namalsk Crisis v1.15 (Update 2 aka "Pathfinder").

Extract content of the downloaded archive nc_pathfinder_u1.7z, extract it into @NC\Addons\ and confirm the file overwrite.

Download:

Namalsk Crisis, Update 2.1 [v1.15 to v1.15.1], 80MB, 7z archive

This is not the newest update, please refer to this - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?118731-Arma-2-Namalsk-Crisis&p=2266622&viewfull=1#post2266622

Enjoy!

Sumrak,

leader and creator of Namalsk Crisis campaign & Nightstalkers: Shadow of Namalsk modification

sumrak@nightstalkers.cz

http://www.nightstalkers.cz

http://twitter.com/#!/Sumr4k

http://www.xfire.com/profile/sumr4k/

Edited by Sumrak

Congrats on release, SIX Updater Network updated! 11.5 MB delta patch.

http://play.withsix.com/mods/208-nc

Thanks Sickboy!

Stupid questions:

Can I run this with JSRS?

Can I run this with ACE?

Why can't I get Six Updater to add this?

I just dled this.

works with jsrs.

Get the not found error, but it continues fine.

Can't run PP. The blur is too annoying.

Great addon, though! Always love a new campaign :)

Thanks, I think, you can run it with JSRS and ACE too, but be aware, that with ACE, campaign may be a bit different because of different AI (maybe harder, something could be possibly broken too).

Firstly, I'm enjoying this campaign immensely. I have run into a few issues:

On mission 10 - Namalsk:

Immediately after killing enemy ambushers, an enemy BTR rolls up on my position. Not sure if feature working as intended.

Additionally, player character will declare that he has evaded a trap while there are still enemies, sometimes right outside the tent! Lastly, I had to revert several times because after shooting the Hind down, all objectives would be completed but the mission would not end properly.

On mission 13 - Secret:

Attempting to flank wide to the north will have your mission end suddenly, even if you are not very far at all from objectives. I still haven't beaten this one - I took the town and destroyed the BTR, but no story dialog ever popped up, and I could find no files or evidence. Any ideas?

Just played through the whole campaign. Really well made and atmospheric. Is there multiple endings?

The only reason I ask is because I am still confused. As I said before, its awesome, best campaign I'v played by far! Just seems a little rushed at the end.. it could have been wrapped up with some kinda of explanation. Obviously if there are multiple endings then please excuse me!

Keep up the good work!

I play this modification when it was done. It works fine for me with some light bugs but whatever I re-download the 3 parts and play it again, now I am stuck at the end of Mission 12 or I think it was the end in the mining tower where you must hide. The game just jump back the beginning of the mission. The autosaves are erased and I must play again and I try this the second time and is exactly the same for me.

Try it today again, still the mission is not possible to finish for me.

Edited by Serpentras

Hello Sumrak. Everytime we play on Namalsk our speakers blow up and our ears start to bleed and this is most likely the problem:

class ns_amb_namalsk_hills_n
{
 name = "Namalsk ambient hills night";
 sound[] = {"\nst\ns_sounds\zonesounds\amb_namalsk_mount_night.ogg",7.0,1.0};
 titles[] = {};
};

Is there a reason why the sound is set to 7 (!) in volume where a value of 1 is "max volume"?

Allo...

So,

(Swearing and spoilers)

Me and Swedo are playing the Campaign right now. Its bloody fucking brilliant. Thing is that Mission #4 ends with us dying randomly, but mission #5 doesn't load. We retried like three times and to no avail...

Hey all, sorry for the response delay! :o

Firstly, I'm enjoying this campaign immensely. I have run into a few issues:

On mission 10 - Namalsk:

Immediately after killing enemy ambushers, an enemy BTR rolls up on my position. Not sure if feature working as intended.

Additionally, player character will declare that he has evaded a trap while there are still enemies, sometimes right outside the tent! Lastly, I had to revert several times because after shooting the Hind down, all objectives would be completed but the mission would not end properly.

On mission 13 - Secret:

Attempting to flank wide to the north will have your mission end suddenly, even if you are not very far at all from objectives. I still haven't beaten this one - I took the town and destroyed the BTR, but no story dialog ever popped up, and I could find no files or evidence. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Well it shouldn't be immediately, it takes some time for btr to drive onto your position, but yeah, it is kind of weird :D I will take a look on possible problems with the ending in this mission.

Well, there should be pretty large area where you can operate, but yeah, it is not infinite though. There is a laptop in one of the NAC installment inside Norinsk near crane.

Just played through the whole campaign. Really well made and atmospheric. Is there multiple endings?

The only reason I ask is because I am still confused. As I said before, its awesome, best campaign I'v played by far! Just seems a little rushed at the end.. it could have been wrapped up with some kinda of explanation. Obviously if there are multiple endings then please excuse me!

Keep up the good work!

Thanks!

Is it rushed? I dont think :D You could actually see an explanation in the ending credits (well just before them..). But don't worry, I am not finished with this, preparing pretty nice things in my next bigger thing :p it will be a bit sequel, you may notice and get more information what happened after Namalsk Crisis in there too.

I play this modification when it was done. It works fine for me with some light bugs but whatever I re-download the 3 parts and play it again, now I am stuck at the end of Mission 12 or I think it was the end in the mining tower where you must hide. The game just jump back the beginning of the mission. The autosaves are erased and I must play again and I try this the second time and is exactly the same for me.

Try to be fast as possible, you have to take cover in building before EVR will escalate. And also, saves should not be erased, I will take a look on it to see, if it still working properly.

Hello Sumrak. Everytime we play on Namalsk our speakers blow up and our ears start to bleed and this is most likely the problem:

class ns_amb_namalsk_hills_n
{
 name = "Namalsk ambient hills night";
 sound[] = {"\nst\ns_sounds\zonesounds\amb_namalsk_mount_night.ogg",7.0,1.0};
 titles[] = {};
};

Is there a reason why the sound is set to 7 (!) in volume where a value of 1 is "max volume"?

Next update (2.2) will have some changes to the volume of ambient sounds on Namalsk. This sound class will be fixed (not with this patch as it is another smaller update - I do not want to release huge MB updates every week - this exact sound class is defined in ns_sounds.pbo), but I believe this is not your problem (well if you are not using this exact sound in your mission) and it is a problem of overall ambient sound volume.

Allo...

So,

(Swearing and spoilers)

Me and Swedo are playing the Campaign right now. Its bloody fucking brilliant. Thing is that Mission #4 ends with us dying randomly, but mission #5 doesn't load. We retried like three times and to no avail...

Thanks!

I will take a look on it, but there shouldn't be a problem afaik. And you should not die in #4 too :D unless something went terribly wrong.. try not be hurt much before arriving on safe spot in Vorkuta.

Thanks for your reports guys, I will let you know about coming release 2.2 :) There are some nice things coming up, module & fucntions changes and improved mutant scripts too! :p Stay tuned..

Sumrak

First of all thanks so much for this amazing project! This is one of those mods that can be played again and again. It's a blast to make own missions on this island with its unique atmosphere. Thank you!

I am playing the campaign again, but after I disabled all the radars and need to go back to the main transmitter on the top of the mountain, the game crashes. Tried that several times and it is still the same problem. Anyone else has the issue?

Few suggestions for new campaign, if I may. Zombies are no challenge in this mod, I think you should make them more dangerous. For example bloodsucker, that mother f**ker is so scary and dangerous, I run like hell when he spots me (the way it should be!).

This island is a Russian territory. It will not be that easy for American Army to get permission for full scale military operation on the island. It should of been other way around in campaign where Russians attack with tanks and choppers and APC's, but the US operations are limited to Special Forces insertions with maybe some support from the Russian and American air force.

Disagree with a previous post on the grass. In this game players are in terrible disadvantage with AI, who has X-ray vision and can see through grass. Please don't make it even more difficult. The grass looks good enough right now.

Radiation should be dangerous when I cross the area on foot or in light vehicles. When I am in BTR, it should not be an issue, because APC's have adequate protection in case of chemical/biological/nuclear threat.

Ambient sounds is a huge deal on this island. Like another person said earlier, having the same sound everywhere gets too common. Is it possible to add a few new ones for different areas?

Well, thanks for listening and I hope someone can tell me how to fix the crash in campaign.

First of all thanks so much for this amazing project! This is one of those mods that can be played again and again. It's a blast to make own missions on this island with its unique atmosphere. Thank you!

I am playing the campaign again, but after I disabled all the radars and need to go back to the main transmitter on the top of the mountain, the game crashes. Tried that several times and it is still the same problem. Anyone else has the issue?

I've tested this mission and no crash for me, mission ended after shutting down last radar station. Could you please retry it from the main menu, like resetting the campaign state on the previous mission?

Zombies are no challenge in this mod, I think you should make them more dangerous. For example bloodsucker, that mother f**ker is so scary and dangerous, I run like hell when he spots me (the way it should be!).

Zombies are the way I like it, I want to have them stupid :) (we have dayz for smarter ones..)

This island is a Russian territory. It will not be that easy for American Army to get permission for full scale military operation on the island. It should of been other way around in campaign where Russians attack with tanks and choppers and APC's, but the US operations are limited to Special Forces insertions with maybe some support from the Russian and American air force.

Probably yes in our reality, but Namalsk is in the different reality :p

Disagree with a previous post on the grass. In this game players are in terrible disadvantage with AI, who has X-ray vision and can see through grass. Please don't make it even more difficult. The grass looks good enough right now.

I wont be changing anything related to the grass. I am pretty satisfied with the changes in Pathfinder update.

Radiation should be dangerous when I cross the area on foot or in light vehicles. When I am in BTR, it should not be an issue, because APC's have adequate protection in case of chemical/biological/nuclear threat.

So you found some drivable BTR? That is not the way I want to have the mission played! :p Please tell me where you found unlocked BTR.

Ambient sounds is a huge deal on this island. Like another person said earlier, having the same sound everywhere gets too common. Is it possible to add a few new ones for different areas?

Well it is possible, but I don't really have any resources for it now. :(

Anyway, moar reports for Namalsk Crisis 2.2 Update

Allo...

So,

(Swearing and spoilers)

Did some tweaks to this. It should help hopefully.

I play this modification when it was done. It works fine for me with some light bugs but whatever I re-download the 3 parts and play it again,

now I am stuck at the end of Mission 12 or I think it was the end in the mining tower where you must hide. The game just jump back the beginning of the mission. The autosaves are erased and I must play again and I try this the second time and is exactly the same for me.

Did some tweaks to this, you should now have a bit more time to run towards the tower.

On mission 10 - Namalsk:

Tried to play this mission twice, doing end mission objectives in different orders, mission always ends. Did you reverted mission with just loading last save or just resetting it through ingame menu / main menu?

Namalsk Crisis Update 2.2 should be up today / tomorrow hopefully.

Preliminary changelog:

Added: Several detailed objects
Added: C130J wreck site on the western mountain ridge
Added: snowfall function for Namalsk - 'dzn_fnc_snowfall' (requires function manager module)
Added: breath fog function for Namalsk - 'dzn_fnc_breathfog' (requires function manager module)
Improved: Mutant scripts for multiplayer (multiplayer requires functions manager)
Improved: Blowout module behaviour and code (you can now take cover against blowout in buildings)
Improved: Mutants should not have problems with hitting you (tweaked min attack range)
Improved: Namalsk Crisis campaign, mission #12, mission now waits a bit longer for players to run take the cover in Sebjan mine
Improved: Namalsk Crisis campaign, mission #07, task return to base radar can be now completed (had no impact on the gameplay)
Changed: Lowered a bit volume of the ambient sounds on Namalsk (please note that there is still bug present in arma II, which changes the sound randomly when doing alt+tab)
Changed: Object AII & Object AI names changed to Object A2 & Object A1 (so we dont hear people saying object everyone/everything)
Changed: Several variable types, names and dependencies
Fixed: Several objects collisions and terrain spikes on Namalsk

Edited by Sumrak
typo, as always