Sign in to follow this  
Sumrak

Arma 2: Namalsk Crisis

You have any more campaigns out? I could have sworn you had more out there...

Link me up? Pls?

Edit:

OK, I see there is the Conspiracies: Rising Dead II and Conspiracies Part III.

Can I use you latest Namalsk MOD for these games? I mean, the same MOD as for Crises.

Hi, only my first modification, but that's for OFP :)

Conspiracies campaigns are made by Sled88, and you can try to launch it with @NC, it should work ;)

Sumrak

In the SP Campaign mission 3 in the marsh just after killing the zombie, I try to proceed east to circle around into town but mission ends every time. Are you meant to do something or go in a certain way into town? Is a bit weird that is all. Also just before you get to the area where the zombie is, the screen is blank for 30-40secs for no reason.

Just thought I mention these two issues!

the screen going blank is suppose to be a cutscene (maybe your monitor or brightness options makes the screen look blank?), but the mission ending in failure? i dont know. after the village scoot around north of vorcheka (?) and head to the waypoint.

Hello

i go tlittle problem in namalk Mod

in beginning of mission 13 "Secret" i kill the zommbie incoming

all seem safe but Mark my sniper team mate refuse to follow me

i give him moving point .. he respond Okay but he stay unmoving !

PS what a nice Add u ve done Sumrak u can be proud

if only it was in french it ll be heaven !:yay::yay::yay::yay:

keep on make such good work !:bounce3:

sry for my english and thx to take time to read

It is OK

i just sprint on begenning of the mission and u go directely to base

bye

In the SP Campaign mission 3 in the marsh just after killing the zombie, I try to proceed east to circle around into town but mission ends every time. Are you meant to do something or go in a certain way into town? Is a bit weird that is all. Also just before you get to the area where the zombie is, the screen is blank for 30-40secs for no reason.

Just thought I mention these two issues!

Hi,

the thing is, you are trying to wait suitable way to infiltrate Vorkuta town, you can't go just near the main road because of military presence, so, you take a look on a small forest outpost and then you are heading into Vorkuta using rear entrance (Vorkuta is partly surrounded by walls), it should be somehow described in the diary or task description. Anyway, screen, after entering small forest outpost, shouldn't be black at all, I've applied even a postprocess effect to make cutscene much brighter :D Not sure if I added some triggers, so, player can't get everywhere (that could cause mission fail), anyway, if there are these triggers, it shouldn't be anywhere near the objective places.

Sorry for long response delay :o

Hello

i go tlittle problem in namalk Mod

in beginning of mission 13 "Secret" i kill the zommbie incoming

all seem safe but Mark my sniper team mate refuse to follow me

i give him moving point .. he respond Okay but he stay unmoving !

PS what a nice Add u ve done Sumrak u can be proud

if only it was in french it ll be heaven !:yay::yay::yay::yay:

keep on make such good work !:bounce3:

sry for my english and thx to take time to read

Hi, thanks! Check if Mark is not standing in some problematical spot, (maybe try refresh mission then), I'm not sure what can cause this problem, because I've never encountered it, are you using any additional mods? Also, be sure, that you have only this Namalsk Crisis, v1.10 release, some people using older version of Namalsk with it (it could cause some problems like older model versions) - it is not needed since this Namalsk Crisis, v1.10 release contains newest version of Namalsk.

It would be good to have more translations, but, there is so much texts to translate, it would take a weeks to translate every mission :D

Edit: Didn't noticed your later post, glad to hear that! ;)

Sumrak

Edited by Sumrak

Me and a freind just started playing the MP version of NC, and we have spotted a couple big problems.

firstly, the second player starts armed with an m40 sniper rifle. since every mission takes place in CQB range and almost no opportunities for long range combat, p2 is worthless until he can get another weapon (makarov dont cut it when a horde of blood sucker are trying to chew your face off). additionally when hes killed, he respawns with the original gear (prob a BIS respawn thing, not mission problem). granted, it is easy too pick up the old gear from the body, but generally when you get hit you are out somewhere in easy reach of baddies and are usually just milliseconds away from a second lead transfusion.

second, player 2 weapons and gear are not carried over from mission to mission. quite annoying to have to go looking for weapons at the start of every mission when player 1 retains all gear

also, in mission 5 (where you wake up after blowout) player 1 starts with supressed G36c and not the M4 from earlier missions

and the fixes for the bloodsuckers are great :)

Me and a freind just started playing the MP version of NC, and we have spotted a couple big problems.

firstly, the second player starts armed with an m40 sniper rifle. since every mission takes place in CQB range and almost no opportunities for long range combat, p2 is worthless until he can get another weapon (makarov dont cut it when a horde of blood sucker are trying to chew your face off). additionally when hes killed, he respawns with the original gear (prob a BIS respawn thing, not mission problem). granted, it is easy too pick up the old gear from the body, but generally when you get hit you are out somewhere in easy reach of baddies and are usually just milliseconds away from a second lead transfusion.

second, player 2 weapons and gear are not carried over from mission to mission. quite annoying to have to go looking for weapons at the start of every mission when player 1 retains all gear

also, in mission 5 (where you wake up after blowout) player 1 starts with supressed G36c and not the M4 from earlier missions

and the fixes for the bloodsuckers are great :)

Actually, I've tried to make some other respawn weapons, so, it is weird it is not working, have you tried newest build? http://www.nightstalkers.cz/down/index.php?soubor=build_24062011 Both players should get CQB weapons according my files..

Yeah, I know, I've tried it automatically with saveStatus and loadStatus and it didn't work, so unfortunately this feature is not yet supported :(

Noted & Fixed, config error, Tamika had this g36, but I changed it to some m4 and forgot to change also respawnweapons.

Thanks for your feedback,

Sumrak

ok DLed the update. i wasn't aware of it prior, thanks for pointing it out. it did seem to fix the issue of CQB weapons so that's great.

another small request, please add in buckshot ammo for the saigas. its such a shame to have shotguns lying around with no buckshot :D

This is a fantastic Campain haha!

I've just encounted my first err monster? on level 5.

So i woke up and checked out all the dead soldiers that were outside (looking for NV) then i start walking out of the compound (cant see shit because its dark) then all i can hear are these footsteps around me.

I bricked it literaly, fired randomly into the dark, sprinted into the compound and turned to the entrance and waited for the thing to follow. I sat there and listened to the footsteps coming closer and closer. My heart started pumping, And suddenly i could see it and launched an entire clip of ak-107 into it lol

Great stuff. looking forward to the next night i get to play this :)

This is a fantastic Campain haha!

I've just encounted my first err monster? on level 5.

So i woke up and checked out all the dead soldiers that were outside (looking for NV) then i start walking out of the compound (cant see shit because its dark) then all i can hear are these footsteps around me.

I bricked it literaly, fired randomly into the dark, sprinted into the compound and turned to the entrance and waited for the thing to follow. I sat there and listened to the footsteps coming closer and closer. My heart started pumping, And suddenly i could see it and launched an entire clip of ak-107 into it lol

Great stuff. looking forward to the next night i get to play this :)

Thanks :) I want to have this feeling too, unfortunately, I've played this campaign maybe 200x times so, I can't be surprised by anything,

though, there are some random features

, please create some mission for me :D

ps: It is not recommended to play these missions during night ;) :D

Sumrak

Hi!

I have a problem, as I have a stormy mission coming up this Sunday. Literally stormy. Winds and stuff. Unfortunately there aren't many convincing storm-like sounds out and about.

I wanted to use an environmental sound from Namalsk (trigger->sound\environment\namalsk hill), HOWEVER these do not repeat naturally. Just to clarify: I don't have the pbo with the ambient sound. Even if I did, I can't I supply that pbo to everyone who is going to play my mission. I am therefore requesting another type of sound, that I as the mission editor can put in.

My question is thus: How can I make eg. the "Hill" ambient sound play over and over again in a realistic fashion - or for that matter, any Namalsk ambient sound?

In the Namalsk Hill sound's example, the gusts start rather sharply, so simply repeating the sound would probably not work.

Thank you in advance... :)

Hi!

I have a problem, as I have a stormy mission coming up this Sunday. Literally stormy. Winds and stuff. Unfortunately there aren't many convincing storm-like sounds out and about.

I wanted to use an environmental sound from Namalsk (trigger->sound\environment\namalsk hill), HOWEVER these do not repeat naturally. Just to clarify: I don't have the pbo with the ambient sound. Even if I did, I can't I supply that pbo to everyone who is going to play my mission. I am therefore requesting another type of sound, that I as the mission editor can put in.

My question is thus: How can I make eg. the "Hill" ambient sound play over and over again in a realistic fashion - or for that matter, any Namalsk ambient sound?

In the Namalsk Hill sound's example, the gusts start rather sharply, so simply repeating the sound would probably not work.

Thank you in advance... :)

Hi, I've checked hill sound and it perfectly match to be repeatable, its ~2:55 long and it is possible to just play this sound in your mission using simple script, wait ~2:55 and play it again and so on, so on, it should be fine, however, you will need to extract this sound from the ns_sounds.pbo first and define it in your mission, the mission pbo will be little bit bigger (+3.1MB) though. I hope I understood your question well. :) (you can do this with any sound, just check its length)

Sumrak

Hello Sumrak, thank you for your answer!

Is it not possible for me to point the script to the resource within the ns_sounds file?

Edit: I got some help. Solved it here.

Edited by SCAJolly

what's a good solution to make zombies hit vehicles etc?

make every player inside the vehicle take damage when a zombie is near?

what's a good solution to make zombies hit vehicles etc?

make every player inside the vehicle take damage when a zombie is near?

I'm afraid, that there is currently no way to, without editing the mutant's control scripts, force mutants to damage also vehicles.

If player or some ai human target will enter a vehicle, they should start following the vehicle, however not directly attacking it (they are still trying to get upon their human target that entered the vehicle).

If you try to start a mission with yourself in a vehicle, place around your vehicle mutants, they won't detect you - I know, it isn't the best :o, but on the other hand, usually, mutants have someone to track nearby... or you can place someone there :)

Hope I've explained this well,

Sumrak

Hi !

What .pbo's do i need to only have the Namalsk Island without the addon units, modules ect. ?

I just would like to have a "Island" only modfolder.

Thanks !

Hi !

What .pbo's do i need to only have the Namalsk Island without the addon units, modules ect. ?

I just would like to have a "Island" only modfolder.

Thanks !

Hi Wiggum, well, pbos are pretty dependent on each other, but I will try - namalsk.pbo, ns.pbo, ns2.pbo, ns_plants.pbo, ns_rocks.pbo, ns_sounds.pbo - with this, it should work somehow, but you will experience probably some warning messages during Namalsk menu scenes (missing units, music, modules..).

Sumrak

Great mod but unlimited and direct respawn makes the multiplayer campaign too easy.

Maybe you can at a revive script or something.

Nice map bud, its got some very nice detail and lots of places to find cover scattered about in open ground like. The setting is also very nice it feels like a proper cold war type of location. Good job mate. :)

hello

how to put emp blowout effect in my mission? i put the module on the map and blowout works perfectly but there's no emp

thanks(sorry for bad grammar)

HI , I just started to play the camping Really awsome!

But I have a problem.. On Misson 6 "awakening in hell" I'm stuck I been looking around in the village for ages i don't find anything that make me finish the secondary objektive "information"

Can anyone help me with this ?

Thanks

Hi, oops, haven't watch this thread for long time :o, I will correct it now ;)

Great mod but unlimited and direct respawn makes the multiplayer campaign too easy.

Maybe you can at a revive script or something.

Yeah, as I said, definitely somewhere, mp version is still some working beta, it is quite difficult to redone the whole sp campaign to mp, I've tried to focus mainly on all missions to be working properly, IF I will have some time, I can take a look what can be done with the current mp version :)

Nice map bud, its got some very nice detail and lots of places to find cover scattered about in open ground like. The setting is also very nice it feels like a proper cold war type of location. Good job mate. :)

Thanks! If you like Namalsk setting, you will definitely like my next map. But about that later, maybe still this year though :p

hello

how to put emp blowout effect in my mission? i put the module on the map and blowout works perfectly but there's no emp

thanks(sorry for bad grammar)

I think, it should be all described here http://www.nightstalkers.cz/en_index_son.php?menu=en_son_moduly , if things, described there, won't work, I can take a look on it and describe it more ;)

HI , I just started to play the camping Really awsome!

But I have a problem.. On Misson 6 "awakening in hell" I'm stuck I been looking around in the village for ages i don't find anything that make me finish the secondary objektive "information"

Can anyone help me with this ?

Thanks

Solved through PM.

Again, sorry for looooong time without response,

I'm glad you guys are enjoying Namalsk Crisis!

Sumrak

Thanks! If you like Namalsk setting, you will definitely like my next map. But about that later, maybe still this year though :p

A new map from you ?

Release this year ?

Great !

:p ;)

Cant wait to see some screenshots or maybe even a video !

Are mutants spawned by the module added to garabage collector?

Or removed at some point