Sign in to follow this  
Sumrak

Arma 2: Namalsk Crisis

Well done Sumrak. Looks like you've been busy.

Hi Sumrak, I'm really enjoying the mod so far.

Still I've got to comment the mission 13 I've just finished.

In one way it's my favorite mission as it features the most changes from vanilla ArmA.

Being stuck between hordes of zombies and bloodsuckers running against fortified NAC guards in ragged terrain/piles/derailed train. That's great.

But I hate missions which put the player against a situation which he can only win by having to reload every minute for trial and error, instead of a mission that seams risky but feasible. Save games shouldn't be a must have for an ArmA mission. Auto saves and plausible mission difficulty should keep the balance.

Maybe I did something unintended but I went for a direct attack as it seemed to be the only option, after evading into the forest/road produced a "get back" hint.

Difficulty was regular.

- Objective "Protect Teammate" is a pain. The ai can't navigate the many objects precisely under fire without constant move orders. Plus it can't handle bloodsuckers well. I think you should go the other way around and run god mode scripts for the ai in this mission. At least more armor or periodic healing.

- every now and then at the railway I noticed distant sniper shots from NACs, totally invisible in the mist and/or forest far away. Often killing my teammate.

I suppose it were the enemies placed on high ground at every next "hotspot" of the mission.

- the hitbox of the pile models is too big. while sniping at the railway-blockade with the tower, I often had to move away almost one meter from this cover for my shots to pass it.

I've finished with an insane kill score for a two man team after 1h18min.

The frustrating playing time was more around 5h.

Hey Trapper,

I'm trying to remember what mission this is?

In the snow? Just you Tamika and the other dude?

The idea is not to attack directly.

You need to move across the hill from start point to the snowy side and then move down. The less people you kill the better.

No, it's a different mission.

You're playing the US recon team. Leaving the mine you took cover before, following a railway track to a construction site, passing a derailed train and NAC blockade on the way, to finally blow up a radar jammer on a snowy mountain, to allow your fleet to attack.

Hi,

maybe this is a stupid question, but will there be an arma fix for 1.1? When I just install @NC and the arma fix everything is fine. But when I install the 1.1 Patch (i'd like to play MP) no Intro is played and when the mission starts I am just a policeman. Some russian 'Leaders' are standing around but nothing happens. And no notes are displayed in the mapscreen. It doesn't matter if I try SP or MP, its always the same. Installing the arma fix over 1.1 doesn't help either. Am I doing something wrong here?

I have Arma2 1.09 with no Mods.

thank you

Trapper: Thanks,

you can sneak very easily above the valley area, there is no objective to eliminate nac there, as you can see - they have their own problems, about ai, I know, that it can be sometimes harder, I think, the safe solution for problematical spots is just let the ai soldier wait somewhere, maybe he could do some cover for you

samspade: Hi, thanks for your report, I'm sorry, this is my mistake, I've accidentally used OA function http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setWaypointVisible :( I've always tried to avoid problems with backward compatibility, but I was just so excited, that I found command, that actually worked in my case :o

I've removed this command and re-uploaded archive. Actualized version is up on nightstalkers.cz ftp and soon will be also on other download links.

Foxhound:

Thanks ;)

Ok, I see. Then my only criticism is the "get back on your job" warning, while taking fire from undetectable enemies in the forest mist, which mislead me to the assumption I've got to fight my way through the valley.

Though it speaks volumes for your mod when I refuse to use endmission cheat in such a situation. :)

Trapper: I thought I left enough space for doing mission :o

To all:

Okay, backward Arma II non-CO compatibility gave me another problem :o looks like new OA tools are really only OA, I'm no longer able to open p3ds in classic Arma II.

If you are Arma II standalone (non-CO) user, please, do not overwrite files ns_mutants.pbo and ns_mutants.pbo.NST.bisign.

If you already used this update and you are Arma II standalone (non-CO), use this Arma II non-CO patch http://www.nightstalkers.cz/down/index.php?soubor=nc_v110_arma2.

(this won't be re-upload, because CO users using it fine and this is unfotunately version with not-updated p3d's)

I'm sorry again, it is little bit hard now for me too, because I'm preparing my laptop for complete reinstall and I've moved most of my stuff onto extern hdd, but it should be all fine now.

Sumrak

Thnx for the fixes Sumrak,Bloodsucker works great now.Time for some hunting matches,let's hope I hunt them and not vice versa.:D

Updated on Six Updater Network.

~ 5 MB delta;

sent 114.56K bytes received 24.02K bytes 55.43K bytes/sec

total size is 657.57M speedup is 4745.02

sent 4.83M bytes received 52.36K bytes 513.52K bytes/sec

total size is 106.88M speedup is 21.91

Krycek:

Enjoy :)

Sickboy:

Thanks! ;)

Ah great update Sumrak. Thank you very much for your hard work and dedication! Me and a buddy are going to try play it together this weekend.

Sumrak, thx for update man :).

Problem:

in OA you can`t watch in rifle`s sight with NVG, sight must be with NVG mode. So in OA in MP campaign 2nd numder with sniper rifle became useless.

Sumrak, thx for update man :).

Problem:

in OA you can`t watch in rifle`s sight with NVG, sight must be with NVG mode. So in OA in MP campaign 2nd numder with sniper rifle became useless.

Li0n:

Thanks! At least second sniper rifle I'm using (mission 12+) is fine, I will change this ;)

Anyway, if anyone encountered something strange during multiplayer, please, report to me, I don't have myself opportunity to try it whole with someone. This version is still little bit experimental though :o

Sumrak

Hey all, just wanted to let you know, that I've prepared new build for coop version of Namalsk Crisis campaign, feel to try it, its definitely not polished in all aspects, but as I said earlier, this coop version is still an experimental feature :)

Changelog is not available yet, but it includes changes like Peter's weapon, changes in mission 10 and other small fixes/changes, download is here http://www.nightstalkers.cz/ , if you are currently playing NC in this coop mode, I will recommend you to download it ;)

I will try, based on reports and further deeper testing, change some more, maybe release some build, but definitely then some stable version.

Sumrak

My overall rating for your mod is "absolutely perfect", though I've finished the SP campaign only.

It's absorbing like the Cold War Crisis campaign was, making very enjoyable use of the engine.

That's mainly due to your story telling and the practically bug free campaign, featuring own mods.

The English localization is great for not being your first language. Well and neither my. :)

You should send this in for an OFPEC review if you like. I'm sure it would score the top rating.

Thanks for this superb ArmA2 experience!

where do i download Nightstalkers Shadow of Namalsk? or is it already in Namalsk Crisis?

Trapper:

Thanks! I'm glad you like it :)

papoose244:

Yes, it is, in first post, you will find download links for the whole package (Namalsk v1.11, Namalsk Crisis campaign and Nightstalkers: Shadow of Namalsk modification) ;) Or, you can just visit official mod website with download links too, I will recommend you to download also 1.10 update, it brings significant changes to Nightstalkers modification.

Sumrak

Hi Sumrak :)

http://www.nightstalkers.cz/en_index_nc.php?menu=en_nc_down#nc_inst

I`m trying, trying and I have all the time same problems.

Downloaded the required zip files and unzipped to the Arma 2 (standalone? v. 1.09 main folder (I`m using Arma Launcher).

So. Starting the first mission from main menu Campaign (called SP) and I can see prompt with this information: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.APSI', next prompt is this (I know what did wrong in the mission - I hope I know ;) ) to the point: Sound ns_fx_closer_alarm not found.

What is wrong? What I did bad? And when I`m trying the Exit/Leave this mission, the game is closing with this:

Bad version 50 in p3d file 'nst\ns_mutants\zomb\ns_zombie2.p3d':j:

Other mods are disabled. Actvivated only: @Namalsk, @NC.

Thanks

Hi Sumrak :)

http://www.nightstalkers.cz/en_index_nc.php?menu=en_nc_down#nc_inst

I`m trying, trying and I have all the time same problems.

Downloaded the required zip files and unzipped to the Arma 2 (standalone? v. 1.09 main folder (I`m using Arma Launcher).

So. Starting the first mission from main menu Campaign (called SP) and I can see prompt with this information: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.APSI', next prompt is this (I know what did wrong in the mission - I hope I know ;) ) to the point: Sound ns_fx_closer_alarm not found.

What is wrong? What I did bad? And when I`m trying the Exit/Leave this mission, the game is closing with this:

Bad version 50 in p3d file 'nst\ns_mutants\zomb\ns_zombie2.p3d':j:

Other mods are disabled. Actvivated only: @Namalsk, @NC.

Thanks

Hi :)

Downloading this package (I mean Namalsk Crisis, what is this topic about), you will get everything together (so you don't have to have @Namalsk and @NC - @NC contains Namalsk and in newest version 1.11). So, first, download Namalsk Crisis [v1.00 675MB 7z archive], extract it into Arma II folder, I see, you are using Arma 2 non-co, so, you have it little more complex than CO users, but nothing serious, apply on extracted Namalsk Crisis [v1.00 675MB 7z archive], Namalsk Crisis [v1.00 Arma II NON-CO patch 47MB 7z archive], be aware, this non-co patch needs to be extracted into @NC\Addons\ and you need to confirm overwrite of some files. That should be 1.00 version.

Then, Update 1, unfortunately, I had to create another compatibility patch (still trying to support both main Arma II versions), so first, download Namalsk Crisis, Update 1 [to v1.10 56MB 7z archive] and then, with same procedure (as compatibility patch for 1.00), use this compatibility patch for Update 1, again, you should confirm overwrite of some files.

(Names of downloads are taken from official website)

I hope, I explained it fine, if there will be still some problems, tell, we will solve it ;)

ps: If you are mp fan, you should also try this ;)

Sumrak

Hi :)

Downloading this package (I mean Namalsk Crisis, what is this topic about), you will get everything together (so you don't have to have @Namalsk and @NC - @NC contains Namalsk and in newest version 1.11). So, first, download Namalsk Crisis [v1.00 675MB 7z archive], extract it into Arma II folder, I see, you are using Arma 2 non-co, so, you have it little more complex than CO users, but nothing serious, apply on extracted Namalsk Crisis [v1.00 675MB 7z archive], Namalsk Crisis [v1.00 Arma II NON-CO patch 47MB 7z archive], be aware, this non-co patch needs to be extracted into @NC\Addons\ and you need to confirm overwrite of some files. That should be 1.00 version.

Then, Update 1, unfortunately, I had to create another compatibility patch (still trying to support both main Arma II versions), so first, download Namalsk Crisis, Update 1 [to v1.10 56MB 7z archive] and then, with same procedure (as compatibility patch for 1.00), use this compatibility patch for Update 1, again, you should confirm overwrite of some files.

(Names of downloads are taken from official website)

I hope, I explained it fine, if there will be still some problems, tell, we will solve it ;)

ps: If you are mp fan, you should also try this ;)

Sumrak

Erm... Some misunderstanding? http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14194&a=dl - here is this file, I think and actually there is 644MB in 7zip archive - I have this already.

If you could be so kind show me directly links to this file. I`m looking for but... I can find out other one than this wich I DLD already :)

This small patch for Arma 2 standalone version I have too nc_v1.10_armaiipatch.7z(10MB). I`m lost now... I found this site: http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=news&id=5205&game=1 and there is 675MB - but... actually is 644MB and I have this archive :(

http://naforum.zapodaj.net/1c42874a1016.jpg.html

Yes, you explained this very nice :) I have both archives already downloaded and I don`t know why it is happened. Now is ok. I deleted @NC folder and put one more time archives into @NC - and now is ok :) Now I can see longer intro :D Nice work.

So, now I`ll try to survive ;)