Sign in to follow this  
Sumrak

Arma 2: Namalsk Crisis

well i got past that mission FINALY with out having to shoot anybody. i have a few things that irked me in a few missions though that i think you can improve on

my main complaint so far is the lack of autosaves after in mission cut scenes and points of very high difficulty. it can become very frustrating to have to play through a single instance 10 or more times in a row, but it is infuriating if you are forced to watch the same long un-skippable cut scene as well. namely mission 7 and mission 11. right at the beginning of "jamming" where the cut scene plays when you approach vorturka, i feel is totally unnecessary. the addition of having to fight 3 blood suckers at once is just ludicrous. i ended up saving right after the cut scene just so i would not have to put up with it for another 10 trys, until i somehow dropped all those damn suckers.

In mission 11 its mostly the same thing. the mission starts, cut scene plays, then short diffcult spot that requires having to watch the whole cutscene again. and again.

interestingly enough the first time i tried the mission i was shot literally the second i gained control of the character. i barly got to see the task canceled message before the "you dead, fool!" screen popped up :p

i did get that one right after about 3 trys, but i was still in a bad mood from the blood suckers

so yeah, i am not complaining about the difficulty as much as those damn cutscenes. please make them skippable, or have an auto save after them. i am only on mission 12 now, but the same suggestion will go for any other points of high difficulty after a mission cut scene further on in the campaign.

it really kills the tension and atmosphere of the mission to have to do the same thing 10 times in a row with in the span of as many minuets.

aside from that its a very good campaign and i look forward to completing it.

edit: also, is it a bug or a feature that mission 12 ends as soon as you hit the ground, regardless of where you landed? my first try i landed in the water (LOL fail), but it advanced to the next mission, so i reverted and tried again landing with in a couple hundred meters of the drop zone, same thing. next try i just went strait down not making any adjustments, and same thing. so, bug or feature? or do you just have to hit that target dead on?

Edited by That guy

Hey Sumrak, I haven't finished the campaign too, but I can already say that it is the most beautiful campaign I've ever played.

If I were in BIS I wouldn't miss a talent like yours.

Sorry for my bad english and thanks. :)

Campaign rox - such a great effort.

On an unrelated note -One thing I've noticed is that a lot of the guns with thermal sights still don't work - It seems to work on the AS-50 but using the US Sniper with TWS everything is pitch black. You can still see thermal targets but you cant see trees etc etc.

This campaign looks so good, but I'm a noob.

I'm on the first mission at the very beginning(lol). How do you kill somebody without triggering the alarm. They are very good at detecting me lol.

To all:

I'm collecting feedback by you guys, so thanks for that, there will be definitely some update in the near future regarding campaign missions itself and more ;)

That guy:

Autosaves after cutscenes, I will definitely include this in future update ;)

Yeah, little error in 12 mission :o :D I fixed it.

Stalkermight:

BangTail:

Actually, this went wrong since I've changed parameters for TI on Namalsk :D

There are parameters for setting up temperature, so, I've changed them to proper Namalsk values, and it seems, I've ruined few TI optics :o

orangeman:

As said CameronMcDonald,

the mission is designed to be done without shooting anyone (you can read it in briefing, that is not recommended to not try engage Russians) - just go on the right side of the harbour and it should be fine ;)

Sumrak

The helicopters and the constant flashing light is so hard ><

another issue/bug report, this time mission 17 (aside from the mission design and execution :|)

when the enemy BTRs are destoyed they "flicker" back and forth between the alive and destroyed state exploding constantly and perpetually (the model will physically switch). it just keeps exploding! they dont stop!

i am not sure what sorcery is at work here, but the BTRs are also capable of taking multiple ATGM hits. if you just wanted them to stay still you could have just given each vic only a gunner

also, my squad mates are very eager to target enemy buildings with their AT weapons. im pretty sure they are targeting buildings.

i tried to capture a vid, but xfire isn't cooperating, sorry

what difficulty settings and AI settings did you make this campaign for? what was it tested on?

Hi all, sorry, for long time without any information, I have been very busy with school.

That guy:

I have this btr issue (but sometimes) too, I have no idea why :( (It came with some Arma II beta patch, through campaign developing)

AI's targeting buildings because these buildings are enemy buildings, I will try to search for neutral buildings, but, I've already tried, having problems with this..

Campaign was mostly tested on the second easier (Soldier). Lately, I've played on the Expert difficulty too.

All:

Update 1 coming soon!

blll.jpg

Including changes based upon your reports, fixes, new features and big surprise for fans of coop multiplayer! Stay tuned ;)

Sumrak

Indeed it is good news. Will the update alter the single player experience much? I just downloaded it and was wandering if I should start it now or wait for the update.

Indeed it is good news. Will the update alter the single player experience much? I just downloaded it and was wandering if I should start it now or wait for the update.

It will definitely make gameplay better (but its playable now too of course :)), I will release soon changelog, changes in campaign are mainly with added savegame positions, optimized difficulty, changes are also in bloodsucker model and overall mutants scripts and fixed small mistakes in missions scripts.

I will try to get it tested and packed as soon as possible, possible release next week :)

Sumrak

Ah k sounds good, I played up to mission 5 because I just couldn't contain myself xD. I will wait till next update to continue though, thank you for your dedication.

By the way, will this coop be related to the crisis campaign, or will it be a different story for multiplayer? Or is that guna be a suprise? = )

Hah, I was playing through this and found a snowman! I won't say where, because I imagine it's an easter egg, but it's in a very odd place. :)

Ah k sounds good, I played up to mission 5 because I just couldn't contain myself xD. I will wait till next update to continue though, thank you for your dedication.

By the way, will this coop be related to the crisis campaign, or will it be a different story for multiplayer? Or is that guna be a suprise? = )

It will be related to the campaign, very closely :)

Hah, I was playing through this and found a snowman! I won't say where, because I imagine it's an easter egg, but it's in a very odd place. :)

Yeah, I placed them with 1.0 version of Namalsk, there are 4 on the whole island, it was a part of competition, find 4 snowmans and win pre-release version of Namalsk Crisis :) Which is of course over, but some guys found them all.

Sumrak

Sumrak!

This is such a GREAT project! Absolut madness! :) :)

And this all in such a high quality, I really want to thank you for this excellent mod!

And beside that - it is refreshing to play the girl. :D

Again, thank you for your work, one really can see the huge amount of work that has been put in the whole project!

BangTail:

Actually, this went wrong since I've changed parameters for TI on Namalsk :D

There are parameters for setting up temperature, so, I've changed them to proper Namalsk values, and it seems, I've ruined few TI optics :o

It's all good, just had to change the loadout for a mission I made on there :)

It's a fantastic mod, really first rate and a great Island!

Why is it that, on every map I play, there is that wind blowing sound effect that came with the namalsk map? Do I have to disable the addon every time I don't want to hear that when I'm playing on another map? It gets annoying after a while.

Edit: And now, regardless of what I set my view distance or fog level in the editor, I can barely see past 1000 meters...what exactly has downloading this single map done to f*ck everything up?

Edited by Armoredfury193

Put it into a separate modfolder and load it only when you need it.

It seems he defined some parts globally rather than only for his world.

Undeceived, Armoredfury193:

Thanks ;)

Why is it that, on every map I play, there is that wind blowing sound effect that came with the namalsk map? Do I have to disable the addon every time I don't want to hear that when I'm playing on another map? It gets annoying after a while.

Edit: And now, regardless of what I set my view distance or fog level in the editor, I can barely see past 1000 meters...what exactly has downloading this single map done to f*ck everything up?

To sound issue.. this has been fixed long time ago, if you have downloaded version in this topic (it contains campaign, mod and newest Namalsk), this issue does not exists (however it exists in 1.10 version of Namalsk and that was solved by quick hotfix, some uploads have been updated some not).

Namalsk addon in default does not anything with fog or view distance. And that is for all versions since 1.00. Check for other addons, some could do this..

Sumrak

Hi, I have tried the campaign, seems interesting, but i encountered one issue. It seems to me that AI remembers your position even if you load older game where you weren't discovered.

I was play through 4. mission, hid behind a wall, soldiers did not see me. Later i reverted to this save and they were shooting at me through the wall. This is strange bug I haven's seen since Arma 1.

ArmaCO, newest patch, newest namalsk crisis files

Hi, I have tried the campaign, seems interesting, but i encountered one issue. It seems to me that AI remembers your position even if you load older game where you weren't discovered.

I was play through 4. mission, hid behind a wall, soldiers did not see me. Later i reverted to this save and they were shooting at me through the wall. This is strange bug I haven's seen since Arma 1.

ArmaCO, newest patch, newest namalsk crisis files

Hi, this is weird, I've to say, I've never seen this bug, where it happened in Vorkuta?

Sumrak

Yes, 4. mission.

Yeah ~ you said that already, I wanted to ask, where it exactly happened in Vorkuta, I mean exact place there, so, I could debug if anything is wrong with objects or so... ;)

Namalsk Crisis

version v1.10

"Update 1" aka "Namalsk Cooperation"

I'm really glad to bring this new update for Namalsk Crisis!

It has been over month since release, I've tried to collect many reports from you guys (thanks for that!) and make the campaign better.

This update brings a lot of changed in the campaign missions, I hope, that I didn't forget on anything important.

Many talks were given to creature called bloodsucker, I've decided to change some things in this mutant, first and main change is in his appearance, he's now in his invisible mode partly visible because of his glowing red eyes, I know, it looks scary! Don't wait

too long and don't give him any chance to touch you! There are also changes in scripts (mutants will no longer eat themselves if they are too far from any targets) and little changes are also in difficulty of bloodsucker mutant (see changelog).

But the main big addition in this update is the all new multiplayer version of Namalsk Crisis campaign!

Yeah, you've read it correctly!

You can gather your friends and play this online!

Most of the missions are designed for 2-player cooperation, but some missions are also available for 8 or also 10 players!

So, this update brings to the Namalsk Crisis Warfare [bE] mission another ~20 multiplayer missions!

Some notes about MP version of Namalsk Crisis campaign:

- This is a pure multiplayer version, it is not recommended to play in singleplayer

- It is necessary and very recommended to have in every mission occupied first playable unit (most of the missions depending on actions of this unit)

- Multiplayer version can be recognized in the campaign menu as Namalsk Crisis [MP] and the 'Host' button will be available (Singleplayer version can be recognized in the campaign menu as Namalsk Crisis [sP])

- You may loose your current saves with applying this update (sorry for that) - in case you are currently playing, use keys 'shift' plus '-' and type 'campaign' in mission selection menu - select mision where you ended and click on the 'restart' button. Thank you for your understanding!

Changelog:

* Added
- [b]The all new multiplayer version of Namalsk Crisis campaign[/b]!
- Bloodsucker mutant have now red [url="http://download.nightstalkers.cz/arma2/blll.jpg"]glowing eyes[/url] (always visible)

* Fixed & changed
- Missing strings in first playable mission for Russian version
- Bloodsuckers are now spawned [b]after[/b] the cutscene in Vorkuta in mission 7
- ItemRadio will be properly added now in mission 8
- Mission 10 have now a better design
- Problems with mission 10 after calling support
- If you will fail to reach proper destination with HALO jump in mission 12, mission no longer ends as completed
- Killing Peter in mission 18 will now affect the mission objective
- Difficulty of mission 20 has been changed
- Few missing strings in second version of mission 22
- More "saveGame" were added into missions
- Several changes in difficulty in several missions
- Tuned volume of sounds or music in some missions
- Radio voices are now longer played
- Namalsk island config was optimalized (Thanks to Kju!)
- Problems with mutant's cannibalism
- Armour of bloodsucker is changed to lower value
- Damage given by bloodsucker attack is decreased
- Reduced size of campaign missions

List of files:

namalsk.pbo
namalsk.pbo.NST.bisign
ns_missions.pbo
ns_missions.pbo.NST.bisign
ns_modules.pbo
ns_modules.pbo.NST.bisign
ns_mutants.pbo
ns_mutants.pbo.NST.bisign
nc_v1.10_readne.txt

Installation:

This update is for Namalsk Crisis version 1.00 (you need to download it first in order to apply this update), it is upgrading this version to version 1.10.

Extract following archive into @NC\Addons\ folder or just into your custom folder, where are Namalsk Crisis files located and confirm overwrite.

With this update, hotfix for mission 10 is no longer needed!

There is a recommendation not to play with special AI modes, this campaign and even this update was designed under this modification only.

If you are Arma II standalone (non-CO) user, please, do not overwrite files ns_mutants.pbo and ns_mutants.pbo.NST.bisign.

If you already used this update and you are Arma II standalone (non-CO), use this Arma II non-CO patch http://www.nightstalkers.cz/down/index.php?soubor=nc_v110_arma2.

Download:

ncnc.jpg

Namalsk Crisis, Update 1 [v1.00 to v1.10], 56MB, 7z archive

nightstalkers.cz ftp

armaholic.com (Thanks to Foxhound)

armedassault.info (Thanks to Old Bear)

Enjoy!

Sumrak,

leader and creator of Namalsk Crisis campaign & Nightstalkers: Shadow of Namalsk modification

sumrak@nightstalkers.cz

http://www.nightstalkers.cz

http://twitter.com/#!/Sumr4k

http://www.xfire.com/profile/sumr4k/

Edited by Sumrak