Sign in to follow this  
Sumrak

Arma 2: Namalsk Crisis

@Sumrak

Then I must be using some addon that is interfering... I'll check!

Hi,

i tried with a friend and so, it's very good, music are good, ambience is nice, but there is a big trouble, bloodsucker, too hard not funny, they are toos trong, if in stalker they are strong, weapons are better too, arma2 engine is not good for fast battle.

Now i dont know if you ll change it or not, but your campaign is very a good job thanks.

I think bloodsuckers are just fine,if you make them too weak they aren't a challenge anymore,they're stealthy killers.Besides aim for the head to kill them faster,if you have an friendly AI it's already too easy.

In fact Sumrak,maybe you could tweak them to kill faster in 2-3 hits.Right now they kill in about 5 hits,it gives plenty of time to empty clips into them.

Other than this,spot on campaign,spot on modules,spot on music.Really great atmosphere.

The bloodsucker implementation worked very well,having one in a forest and me armed with a pistol and 3 clips on stormy weather it's fucking horror,same feeling I got in Stalker when I heard one growling and shooting left and right.

And you achiveved all that in a mil sim engine.

Ok this might be useful to anyone using SLX with this campaign!

Yes Sumrak your bloodsuckers are not too hard at all, i have found a conflict with a mod in SLX which made them unbeatable :)

If anyone is using SLX try removing;

mod_weapons_c.pbo

after testing i have found this to be the culprit ;)

Awesome campaign, i am truly on edge like never before whilst playing this :D

I'll say it again.

Whilst mods are fun and can add a whole heap to the game, they aren't good in a user mission / campaign unless specified.

SLX, GL4 and any other converstion mod will cause units to behave differently to how the user originally intended.

Mission makers have instructed units to do certain things and these mods will change their behaviour.

PS. The Bloodsuckers aren't invinsible. Just quick. Learn your enemy ;)

I'll say it again.

Whilst mods are fun and can add a whole heap to the game, they aren't good in a user mission / campaign unless specified.

SLX, GL4 and any other converstion mod will cause units to behave differently to how the user originally intended.

Mission makers have instructed units to do certain things and these mods will change their behaviour.

PS. The Bloodsuckers aren't invinsible. Just quick. Learn your enemy ;)

Yes i agree regarding the mods!

Its just there are small mods within the SLX that really improve the small things. So i remove any AI enhancing pbos for user campaigns.

I guess i won't be the only one to do so either :)

How do I get to the transmitter on "awakening in hell" I die from radiation no matter what direction I approach from, Is there a radiation suit or something I'm missing?

How do I get to the transmitter on "awakening in hell" I die from radiation no matter what direction I approach from, Is there a radiation suit or something I'm missing?

i was unable to get there also, but then found the 2nd objective documents.

At this point, the mission finished saying i had failed the primary objective, and then setting me on to the next mission! Is this correct??

Also, i switched weapons during one mission and then on the next i started again with the default! Is this a bug??

Sumrak,the bloodsuckers could be used outside of mutant module?

Because right now they act kinda crazy,I've setup 6 of them in a city far from me and when I got there they were already dead and only one poor bastard was alive(assuming this one was the victorious one).

I've tried to group them no result,they still butcher each other if I'm far away.Gave mut_heart to each one of them same result.

Is there a way to use them outside of module or set them up like a pack without killing each other until I get there?

Sumrak,the bloodsuckers could be used outside of mutant module?

Because right now they act kinda crazy,I've setup 6 of them in a city far from me and when I got there they were already dead and only one poor bastard was alive(assuming this one was the victorious one).

I've tried to group them no result,they still butcher each other if I'm far away.Gave mut_heart to each one of them same result.

Is there a way to use them outside of module or set them up like a pack without killing each other until I get there?

Mutants fought each other on my game 'till I realized that forgot to "shut down" Charon's Undead mod. Check if you are running some mod that affects AI default behavior

Mutants fought each other on my game 'till I realized that forgot to "shut down" Charon's Undead mod. Check if you are running some mod that affects AI default behavior

Nope,no such mods.I even tested it with A2OA and only NC.If I'm near them they all come after me,if I'm far they start killing each other.

I have never tried undead mod with my mod, so, at least, its working now :)

Nope,no such mods.I even tested it with A2OA and only NC.If I'm near them they all come after me,if I'm far they start killing each other.

So, I tested it, and they are really eating each other when they don't have any proper target :D Looks like something went wrong, I have never encountered this problem, because when I used mutants, I always created a script, which will spawn (randomly or not) mutants into selected area, so, mutants were there only when it was needed or when someone walk there. Although it could be called as feature, when mutants doesn't have anyone to kill, they will start killing each other, I will look into it and hopefully fix it ;)

Sumrak

Edited by Sumrak

Hi Sumrak, really enjoying NC so far, but the 10th mission is driving me crazy, Michael hasn't bothered to turn up I guess as nothing happens when I give the order?

From rpt file:

Error in expression < {sleep 2;t setDamage 1;};};}];do {michal doFire t;} while (Alive t);m>

Error position: <{michal doFire t;} while (Alive t);m>

Error Missing ;

File nst\ns_missions\campaign\missions\09_namalsk.namalsk\michal.sqf, line 24

Is there a fix for this?

Tried it few times, with mods/ without mods and even reverted few missions back without mods - same result.

Cheers

Mik

Hi Sumrak, really enjoying NC so far, but the 10th mission is driving me crazy, Michael hasn't bothered to turn up I guess as nothing happens when I give the order?

From rpt file:

Error in expression < {sleep 2;t setDamage 1;};};}];do {michal doFire t;} while (Alive t);m>

Error position: <{michal doFire t;} while (Alive t);m>

Error Missing ;

File nst\ns_missions\campaign\missions\09_namalsk.namalsk\michal.sqf, line 24

Is there a fix for this?

Tried it few times, with mods/ without mods and even reverted few missions back without mods - same result.

Cheers

Mik

Hi, thanks ;)

Yup, here it is http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1919660&postcount=28

Sumrak

So, I tested it, and they are really eating each other when they don't have any proper target :D Looks like something went wrong, I have never encountered this problem, because when I used mutants, I always created a script, which will spawn (randomly or not) mutants into selected area, so, mutants were there only when it was needed or when someone walk there. Although it could be called as feature, when mutants doesn't have anyone to kill, they will start killing each other, I will look into it and hopefully fix it ;)

Sumrak

Thnx for looking into it Sumrak,maybe you can fix it.

Imagine my surprise when me and my team where unloading from chopper anxious and something like "yeeeehaaw let's blow shit up............hmm.....so hey muties are you coming?.....guys?"

Then after 2 streets we found a bunch of dead bloodsuckers.:p

Also can you tweak the bloodsuckers detection for AI friendly troops to spot them harder?

Currently they spot them around 50m.I had a situation where I had only one squad member and he killed 3 bloodsuckers,the poor muties didn't even managed to get near us.

Sumrak your campaign is pure awesomeness, last time when I saw such a good climate in BIS game was when I was playing Everon Curse campaign in OFP. I really, really want to thank you for your work, I'm gonna replay this campaign many times :) Recently there aren't many campaigns with good plots, your campaing is the best one I played for ARMA 2/OA . As i got really sucked in to story i just need to ask that :D :

What happened to Ryan after he got captured by NAC? In last two missions I wasn't able to find his body so is he alive?

Thnx for looking into it Sumrak,maybe you can fix it.

Imagine my surprise when me and my team where unloading from chopper anxious and something like "yeeeehaaw let's blow shit up............hmm.....so hey muties are you coming?.....guys?"

Then after 2 streets we found a bunch of dead bloodsuckers.

Also can you tweak the bloodsuckers detection for AI friendly troops to spot them harder?

Currently they spot them around 50m.I had a situation where I had only one squad member and he killed 3 bloodsuckers,the poor muties didn't even managed to get near us.

They were too hungry :D Anyway, you can solve this problem, and even with more dynamic way, using createUnit, so, I think, it is even better for performance, to have mutants actually where they should be :)

I have tried to solve this issue, I think, it is quite enough in most situations now, but, I can do it better, but, from other side, AI's are little bit confused with bloodsucker attacking them, so, still better if they will kill him earlier than just looking on him, maybe changing on pistol during it - anyway I can do some tests and I will se what can be done for it ;)

Sumrak your campaign is pure awesomeness, last time when I saw such a good climate in BIS game was when I was playing Everon Curse campaign in OFP. I really, really want to thank you for your work, I'm gonna replay this campaign many timesRecently there aren't many campaigns with good plots, your campaing is the best one I played for ARMA 2/OA . As i got really sucked in to story i just need to ask that :

What happened to Ryan after he got captured by NAC? In last two missions I wasn't able to find his body so is he alive?

Thanks, I'm glad you like it! :)

There isn't any precise info what happened to Ryan, but, he was last seen by Vortex team members during interrogation (mission Infiltration). Same as Peter from NS, they were locked up in the A2 underground by NAC, although Tamika was found by rescue team, Ryan and Peter were probably locked up somewhere else and to that, rescue team was not able to clear the whole underground in such of time pressure (because of direct orders ICC) and such of NAC presence + they were actually not able to do it even back on the ground with potential Vortex team survivors.

And as you could saw in the ending, because of events after, they all (Vortex team) got unfortunately KIA status.

But who knows what really happened to that part of Vortex team (Ryan and Peter), if you found access code and read NAC HQ, NAC got working really crazy stuff there... but that was already seen back in mission #19.

It looks like from the advice that I'm getting here that I'm going to have to reload the last mission with just your work installed.

Your surprise about my not being able to find any supplies in all of the crates that abound is a pretty clear indicator to me that one of the many mods I have active is keeping those supplies from appearing in the chests. Same holds true for the

NVD's, as I know from the inner-dialogue that's triggered that I've reached the supply cache where the NVD's are at, yet I check all of the chests and there's nothing to be found.

Another solid indicator that the other mods were "too much" for the campaign as designed is in relation to having to fight the Russians immediately at the start of the first mission. There wasn't a single way to avoid being detected, as right at the start of the mission a Russian soldier came rushing down the concrete ramp into the water with me. I loaded, and reloaded, and reloaded the mission, and no matter what, he'd hop into the water right next to me.

I'll try deactivating the extra mods next time, and when I get another opportunity I'll let you know how it goes.

More to fix:

18. Infiltration - Not fails when 2nd number in team killed

Tara assault - Task to get protection device is autocomplete

BTW I think AI skill was set for A2 bots, but in A2CO bots are a lot smarter and playing even at Newbie skill settings make them insane.

Edited by Li0n

Hey Sumrak, if you're looking for Asian voice-actor, or adding more atmospheric/tension musics for the further update, I might able to help you. I'm really in love with this campaign, and I've play it twice and found more missing parts from the first game.

Kyle_K_ski:

Okay, I hope, it will be okay after disabling some mods ;)

More to fix:

18. Infiltration - Not fails when 2nd number in team killed

Tara assault - Task to get protection device is autocomplete

BTW I think AI skill was set for A2 bots, but in A2CO bots are a lot smarter and playing even at Newbie skill settings make them insane.

Thanks.

1) It should end, I will take a look and fix it.

2) This is on purpose, because you have it since beginning of mission - you got it from Nightstalkers team.

I do not recognized any difference between A2 and A2CO AI skills.

Hey Sumrak, if you're looking for Asian voice-actor, or adding more atmospheric/tension musics for the further update, I might able to help you. I'm really in love with this campaign, and I've play it twice and found more missing parts from the first game.

Hi, thanks for your offer, actually, I'm preparing my another project and I could use some help ;) I will contact you when time comes.

Sumrak

Hi guys, I need a little help or advice.

In mission "13 Secret" the zombie keep appearing and I can not get to my goal, partly because of my teammate who continues to be killed.

Sorry for my bad english and thanks

Edited by Stalkermight

Hi guys, I need a little help or advice.

Use Spoiler Tags next time. :)

You don't have to encounter these zombies in this level, try to get away from them like going uphill aside of the railway would be good, just watch out the NAC snipers on the watchtower.

hey guys, i could use some help.

is it possible to beat mission 4 stealthily? i am having a lot of trouble with it. hell, one time they managed to spot me wile i was prone and immobile behind a wall. i heard footsteps, then "enemy man". few seconds later pelted with grenades.

i have tried shooting but there are just too damn many of them. i never really had much problem with the A1 version but damn, they are kicking my ass this time around

no AI mods and AI skills at 1.0

thanks for any tips

hey guys, i could use some help.

is it possible to beat mission 4 stealthily? i am having a lot of trouble with it. hell, one time they managed to spot me wile i was prone and immobile behind a wall. i heard footsteps, then "enemy man". few seconds later pelted with grenades.

i have tried shooting but there are just too damn many of them. i never really had much problem with the A1 version but damn, they are kicking my ass this time around

no AI mods and AI skills at 1.0

thanks for any tips

Hi, it is possible, try this:

usualway.jpg

:D

Sumrak