Sign in to follow this  
Sumrak

Arma 2: Namalsk Crisis

Hi everyone, after ~2 years, finally.. I want to share with you information about release - campaign called Namalsk Crisis along with [Nightstalkers] Shadow of Namalsk mod. Maybe you have already heard about this modification and maybe also you already tried some older version in ArmA 1 (but that was really only alpha release in compare to current version). Anyway, back to the campaign - with release of the version of Nightstalkers mod for the ArmA 1, I released also some kind of prologue for the campaign called Namalsk Crisis...

NOW, in Arma II, I'm releasing a full version of this campaign along with full version of [Nightstalkers] Shadow of Namalsk. Campaign featuring 22 missions with a unique atmosphere, situations, scenes and excellent music!

A part of this campaign is also reworked prologue from ArmA 1 version and if you were angry about how prologue ended in ArmA 1, don't worry, you are now able to find out more, what happened!

Edit 17.06. 2011: Campaign is also playable now in cooperation mode! More information here or on the official website http://www.nightstalkers.cz!

Edit 18.10. 2012: Huge update for Namalsk Crisis called "Pathfinder", check the bottom of this thread!

Edit 20.12. 2012: Small update (2.3) for Namalsk Crisis Update 2 aka "Pathfinder" released! Check the bottom of this thread!

Edit 5.7. 2012: Medium-sized update (2.4) for Namalsk Crisis Update 2 aka "Pathfinder" released! Check the bottom of this thread!

Counter on the official website just stopped and that means..

(This campaign can be played in realtime! :-D)

Tamika Maclemar just landed on Namalsk, trying find out, what happened! Join her and discover secrets of Namalsk!

Fight in unique world's superpowers co-operation against evil corporation NAC!

Map of this post

Namalsk Crisis

Description of Namalsk Crisis campaign

Important notes for gameplay (please read)

Screenshots

Trailers

[Nightstalkers]

Shadow of Namalsk

Description

Namalsk

Factions

Editor modules

Editor's depot

Download

Instructions

Credits

Download links

logo_arma2nc_ca.png

[Arma 2: Namalsk Crisis]

[sP/MP campaign for Arma II or Arma II CO]

[Current status: Released]

[Current version: 1.15.4]

ncr_06_small.jpg ncko34_small.jpg ncko26_small.jpg

A lot of other nice screenshots from the gameplay

http://www.nightstalkers.cz/en_nc_screens

0pYF3J6QHDw

[Newest trailer for Namalsk Crisis]

[Older trailer]

Description

Namalsk Crisis is a SP/MP campaign for Arma II or Arma II Combined Operations with over 22 missions. You will be a part of the conflict on the island called Namalsk. Namalsk become as a target for an unknown corporation called NAC (Namalsk corporation). After several months of researches on an unknow alien object, which they found on Namalsk, with a very dangerous experiments, armies of Russia and USA are trying to stop them. Unfortunately, they don't know with whom have honor.

You are able to see the whole conflict from different sides and different people, for example members of private scientist and military group called Nightstalkers, special forces team of USMC, with leader Ryan Goben or also Russian specnaz attack group with leader Yevgeniy Pecharov! You will face different situations, missions have a very strong atmosphere with wisely chosen music and various sound and graphic effects. Situation is described in ingame diary notes and task descriptions and also, you can find a lot of information on the main website - http://www.nightstalkers.cz (factions, Namalsk history)!

Campaign was created mostly under normal Arma II, anyway, you can play also under Combined Operations version (Arma II + Arma II OA). Campaign is fully depending on the content of the modification called [Nightstalkers] Shadow of Namalsk. So, campaign is released with this modification together in version v1.0, more informations about everything about this mod and its unique features, visit http://www.nightstalkers.cz/en_index_son.php or scroll down.

If you are not a fan of singleplayer missions, I have news for you, "Update 1" aka "Namalsk Cooperation" is featuring the whole new dimension of Namalsk Crisis campaign - multiplayer version - More information on the official website http://www.nightstalkers.cz!

Some notes about MP version of Namalsk Crisis campaign

- This is a pure multiplayer version, it is not recommended to play in singleplayer

- It is necessary and very recommended to have in every mission occupied first playable unit (most of the missions depending on actions of this unit)

- Multiplayer version can be recognized in the campaign menu as Namalsk Crisis [MP] and the 'Host' button will be available (Singleplayer version can be recognized in the campaign menu as Namalsk Crisis [sP])

- The multiplayer version is still purely experimental and does not contain everything from SP version, keep in mind that the campaign was primarly developed for SP

- Campaign does not support join in progress and it is not possible to load saved positions

Along with campaign release is also included unique CTI SP/MP mission (based on Benny's excellent warfare mission), set on Namalsk, with edited sides and additional functions. This warfare mission featuring united forces of USA and Russian Federation, trying to stop NAC and their experiments and the NAC, which are trying to hold Namalsk and their researches with everything.

For more detailed information about this wafare mission, continue here > http://www.nightstalkers.cz/en_nc_warfare.

Tip!

Through whole campaign, you will have a task to find highly classified enemy intel about what NAC actually doing on Namalsk and what's going at all there.

Once you will found it, mission will print you access code into rpt file[/rul] or you will just need to remember it / copy it from diary note (there will be all instructions for using this access code + of course that intel).

But because of amount of information there, I have managed to create a special section on the official website called NAC HQ, you will be able to use your code from mission / rpt log file and read all information without to be actually ingame, much better formatted.

Campaign in few points

- Compatible with classic Arma II and also Arma II CO

- 4 prologue missions + 18 main missions

- Playable in SP or MP (http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1958380&postcount=125)

- Unique warfare mission focused on showing story from the campaign!

- Atmospheric missions with wisely chosen music and sounds

- Unique features, situations (such as escape from the A2 underground) and sound / graphics effects

- Including non-linear features

- Swift gameplay

- Full background of story provided on http://www.nightstalkers.cz and continuing also in-game with diary notes and task description

- Tremendous count of texts avaiable in English or Czech language (see below for more information about language)

- Loading pictures for every mission (showed only in CO)

- Playing from different persons, you can see the conflict from different sides

- Unique factions, characters (for example private company Nightstalkers and Tamika Maclemar)

Notes about gameplay

* It is recommended to have music turned on during gameplay ˇ Read player's opinion on music in this campaign ˇ

* It is also recommended to have post process effects at least on low

* Autosaves are placed where it is needed

* Campaign went through numerous of beta tests, missions should be without bugs

* I have tried to make mission friendly as possible (without problems with AI)

* Campaign have strings for all Arma II supported languages (if you have for example Polish version, you don't need to switch other language)

* Because of an amount of texts in this 22 mission campaign, only English and Czech translation is available

* It is recommended to not use much ESC key (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14806)

* Although campaign was partly developed in Arma II CO and also tested in CO, gameplay could be little different under Arma II classic or Arma II CO.

Description

As you probably read about Namalsk Crisis campaign above, this modification is the key part of the Namalsk Crisis campaign. From the first ArmA 1 version, I have changed and added a lot of things to this modification. I have to admit, I never thought, that I will be able to create stuff like you can see in this modification. Because of its functions and content, this modification could also provide to Arma II S.T.A.L.K.E.R. fans basics for creating missions with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. atmosphere in Arma II. Modification was developed mainly in Arma II classic, so, some things are not changed - mainly because of not enough time and also because of compatibility in Arma II and Arma II CO.

Modification in few points

- Namalsk island in the newest version

- Factions for Namalsk Crisis campaign

- Editor modules (see below for more information)

- Sound & music database for mission editing

- Other necessary data for Namalsk Crisis campaign

- Compatible with classic Arma II and also Arma II CO

- Basic UI redefinition (changed mainly loading screens)

› Namalsk island [v1.55]

› Factions for Namalsk Crisis campaign

› Editor modules

Editor's depot

On http://www.nightstalkers.cz/, I'm trying to describe everything, what you need to use functions of the [Nightstalkers] Shadow of Namalsk modification.

Here are the most important section, which I will recommend you to check:

Thanks to

Apo (testing Namalsk in A1/A2, testing beta version of Namalsk Crisis)

Benny (for his excellent warfare mission)

Eawes (testing, paths for AI, translation, developer support)

Crytek (rifle texture)

Dokix2 (testing Namalsk in A2)

Edge (testing pre-release version)

Grub (testing pre-release version)

GSC Gameworld (some textures, models and sounds)

JTS (propagation, testing, coop missions)

Kju (config optimalization, advices and bug report)

Mikebart (grass texture)

Pikus (some models of objects)

Rsa Viper (mp testing, developer support)

Saigos (photos for making Jalovisko village)

SenChi (grass texture)

TeaCup (awesome zombie animation)

Aeious "BlackOuT" Killhound (testing, propagation)

Eawes (dev support, master of paths pro AI, testing)

DayZ (best way to test island :D)

Vilas (huge help with texture and model fixing in 2.4)

To all music creators >

To all, who helped create Namalsk better with reports

To guys on community forums and pages for support

YOU for playing!

and Bohemia Interactive for great game!

Arma II STANDALONE (http://store.steampowered.com/app/33900/)

Namalsk Crisis [v1.10.1]

675MB

7z archive

armaholic.com (Thanks to Foxhound)

nightstalkers.cz

Arma II CO (http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4639/)

Namalsk Crisis any to 2.4 [any/none -> v1.15.4]

708MB

7z archive

nightstalkers.cz

Namalsk Crisis 2.X to 2.4 [v1.15.x to v1.15.4]

288MB

7z archive

nightstalkers.cz

More information on http://www.nightstalkers.cz/en_index_nc.php?menu=en_nc_down.

I really recommend to you to read everything here, mainly installation instructions, but also other important notes, thanks!

Last few words, all stuff here was created mainly by 1 person in his free time.

Enjoy!

Sumrak,

leader and creator of Namalsk Crisis campaign & Nightstalkers: Shadow of Namalsk modification

sumrak<zavinac=at>nightstalkers.cz

http://www.nightstalkers.cz

http://twitter.com/#!/Sumr4k

Edited by Sumrak

This looks absolutely Awesome!

Downloading now!

Many Thanks!

This looks absolutely Awesome!

^this... i'm amazed by that trailer :cool:

holy cow many thanks matey

\m/

That is all.

Also, I see you have as big a boner as I for Jesper Kyd, especially Vegas. Legendary song. :D

Edited by CameronMcDonald

Hey guys,

Just letting you all know that as a Beta tester I have first dibs on Tamika!! :p

I cleared it with Sumrak, he's not interested.

I like a challenge, but this is just ridiculous.. edit/ It might be that i have ACE running, but probably not..

Love the map, shame I won't be able to get through the SP without my usual mods - The AI is seriously tough, didn't even get past the first part without them bum-rushing me completely, even the helicopters turned around, haha.

The atmosphere on the map is brilliant, epic job mate.

Love the map, shame I won't be able to get through the SP without my usual mods - The AI is seriously tough, didn't even get past the first part without them bum-rushing me completely, even the helicopters turned around, haha.

The atmosphere on the map is brilliant, epic job mate.

You do know that you can adjust the difficulty under arma's options right?

Sumrak how DOWNLOAD Namalsk island v1.11 only ,no In ONE package Namalsk Crisis campaign v1.00+ [Nightstalkers] Shadow of Namalsk v1.00?

Edited by Andy Mcnab

was that your intention to let me see all the enemy AI with markers on the map? pretty strange, but i like it so for, even if i died ca. 40 times in the first mission after not moving for 5 seconds at the beginning:)

Thanks all, I'm glad you like it :)

Some notes:

I forgot on one thing to mention, to recommend you to NOT play with any other (gameplay-changing) mods (we have done a lot of work in testing and focusing to have all working on original versions (CO or Arma II standalone) only with this modification). Maybe it is all working properly - just saying, that I can't guarantee, it will be all same as we tested it.

To the first mission, I really recommend you to stay away from any contact with Russian army (as it is mentioned in tasks and diary)

right side of the Lubjansk harbour is empty..

, although they have very small groups in the harbour and it can be done relatively easily without being spotted (and it is also possible in all next prologue missions - yes, I tested it on different levels of difficulty), they have of course also stronger patrols near harbour. I think, if you will be enough careful, you should be fine.

Sumrak how DOWNLOAD Namalsk island v1.11 only ,no In ONE package Namalsk Crisis campaign v1.00+ [Nightstalkers] Shadow of Namalsk v1.00?

Sorry, this is not available now, I did a lot of changes, I really don't know, if I will be able to release standalone version (it means splitting up everything I have done together now). For now, Namalsk v1.11 is only in this completed package.

was that your intention to let me see all the enemy AI with markers on the map? pretty strange, but i like it so for, even if i died ca. 40 times in the first mission after not moving for 5 seconds at the beginning:)

I don't have any markers showing enemies (if you have any, that's probably because of difficulty level), I have only one big marker on the whole map (its an enemy area) and 2 '!' markers for showing possible enemy presence (these '!' are on strategic areas).

And by the way, I have just let Tamika standing on the misson beginning (on the expert difficulty), it was fine, I did not get shot... running only this modification and CO, newest version.

Sumrak

You do know that you can adjust the difficulty under arma's options right?

Derp, yes. As I said, it's because of the addons I use - They completely change the AI behaviour, making it impossible in CQB. It's not working as the map was intended.

It's my own fault but the campaign atmosphere seem brilliant, very well done.

Then one might argue "Turn them off" but ArmA without AI addons is terrible.

I have just finished the 4 prologue missions. That's called infiltration ! Tamika alone in the dark woods, looking for a ruined city in the fog while avoiding Russian patrols... epic !

Thank you !

Remember: thinking that putting 20 soldiers at once against a player without any auto-save points is a challenge - is wrong, it's a bad design

thinking that putting enemies 5 meters behind aiming at your head is challenging - is wrong, it's a bad design once again.

And I'm not talking about stealth missions. I'm talking about missions like that with Tunguska where everyone just jumps on you the moment you kill a dude in Vorkuta to grab his weapon

Anything that forces you to play a save/load game is a bad design

Edited by metalcraze

Great work Sumrak !

The campaign seems well polished and well-thought-out.

This is totally unique: The island, the units and the missions just fit together perfectly. Getting something like this for free is just great !

Thanks for your hard work Sumrak !

Ah, and i have to report a bug:

Looks like if you press Esc while a Bloodsucker (maybe Zombies too) hits you and you see the claw mark will freeze the game...at least for me.

Oh, is it ok to use some of your functions/scripts in my own mission ?

EDIT:

Is there a trick to get the 3 different skins for the bloodsuckers ?

Or is it just random by placing them in the editor ?

Edited by Wiggum

Remember: thinking that putting 20 soldiers at once against a player without any auto-save points is a challenge - is wrong, it's a bad design

thinking that putting enemies 5 meters behind aiming at your head is challenging - is wrong, it's a bad design once again.

And I'm not talking about stealth missions. I'm talking about missions like that with Tunguska where everyone just jumps on you the moment you kill a dude in Vorkuta to grab his weapon

Anything that forces you to play a save/load game is a bad design

So, I don't know, if, for example, your helicopter is being shot down - by scripts - you can't do anything about it - you survive - and you just need to deal with it and with consequences, its a bad mission design?

In the real world, when soldiers are just surprised by an unknown fire - from somewhere, isn't it just the same situation? Or it can be anything else than a war, just moment of surprise?

I really don't know, if I could do every mission, just like take this objective, enemy is waiting for you.. why enemy can't be sometimes ahead?

And about situation directly in Vorkuta,

there is approx. 6 - 9 soldiers (can't remember exactly) around Tunguska (which you can take down by help), but since NAC built enough spots for cover and also, the town itself is giving to player enough spot for cover.. it is really challenging to eliminate 6 soldiers in such of environment? Yes, I could say, I forgot to include saveGame; during entering Vorkuta. But, its immediately bad design at all? There is a saveGame; maybe ~2 minutes of gameplay back though...

Great work Sumrak !

The campaign seems well polished and well-thought-out.

This is totally unique: The island, the units and the missions just fit together perfectly. Getting something like this for free is just great !

Thanks for your hard work Sumrak !

Ah, and i have to report a bug:

Looks like if you press Esc while a Bloodsucker (maybe Zombies too) hits you and you see the claw mark will freeze the game...at least for me.

Oh, is it ok to use some of your functions/scripts in my own mission ?

EDIT:

Is there a trick to get the 3 different skins for the bloodsuckers ?

Or is it just random by placing them in the editor ?

Oh, I have never get freeze, but I will definitely try it! Edit: Tried it and it is fine, no freezing, have you checked, if it is not really only some random event?

Sure, you can :)

Bloodsucker will select a random skin during his initialization. (it cannot be changed easily since he is still switching on based init skin, can be changed by editing their script though..)

btw.: I think, you have sent before some time pm about wind powerplants, if there is any way to destroy them, now it is, NAC did it for you :D

;)

Sumrak

Edited by Sumrak

Can we keep all parts of this active with our regular launch/addons or should we create a seperate launch for it?

Yes this really is an awesome effort so far im loving it!!!

Sooo much atmosphere, it's crazy!

The music for the intro of the first mission 'Coast 1' is brilliant!

I love the way it interacts with the lighthouse search light!

What is the name of that song?