Sign in to follow this  
Drumheller

Why do units I place keep running around like they're in combat?

I've tried making 2 different missions in the past week, with ACE and zeus AI.

When I place units down before the recent arma patch they would stay in place so I could make things like checkpoints, etc. I could even give them a "hold" waypoint so that if they did get into combat they'd return to their checkpoint spot once combat was over.

I've been having an issue, however, where as soon as I start a map to test, with NO opfor, the units start running around as if they were in combat. It's becoming extremely frustrating and breaking the mission immersion. Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

use

this setBehaviour "SAFE"

on all units or

_group1 setBehaviour "SAFE"

on the groups leader or use a waypoint with behaviour set to "safe" or "careless".

I stopped using ZEUS after the last patch because something is screwed with it because of the AI changes in 1.59.

check beheaviour in waypoints would be my first guess, second one would be that ACE AI (its similar and uses some concepts of Zeus AI i belive) conflicts with ZEUS AI.

check beheaviour in waypoints would be my first guess, second one would be that ACE AI (its similar and uses some concepts of Zeus AI i belive) conflicts with ZEUS AI.
ZEUS also conflicts with 1.59. Double trouble. I suggest to stop unsing mods that are not up yet to 1.59.

Just to update and confirm. I turned ZEUS off and my AI went back to normal. This, unfortunately, means that ZEUS isn't working anymore :(

On a side note, does anyone know of a mod that will allow/make AI engage at 500m+? One of the main things I liked from ZEUS.

Have a look and see if anything here will help. Not sure if these actually work or not!

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setSkill_array

On a side note, does anyone know of a mod that will allow/make AI engage at 500m+? One of the main things I liked from ZEUS.

I think only way is to modify each weapons config file, because its in there AI decides at what range to fire at what target.

Thus you need a modded weapons file or something, afaik there is no way to do this proper just by scripting.