Sign in to follow this  
lawndartleo

Reinforcements import (UK)

Seeing as there is no release date I have seen in the US but Reinforcements has hit Amazon.UK... If I purchase this as an import will there be any compatibility issues with my American copies of ARMA II and OA? Hate to buy it and find out that it wont work.

NTSC and PAL are not the same format! just like us brits, we buy a NTSC dvd from the US

or wherever and it will not work! unless you have a code or something to play NTSC dvd's.

I wouldnt chance it if I were you! or unless you contact the service people on Amazon.

I am surprised the US have not had this released yet.

You could always try digital download, sprocket is a good one.

And ive just seen while looking for the link for Sprocket, Armaholic has 2 links for the US and UK versions on

Amazon for that game, UK version and US version. Hope that helps.

Edited by DarkXess

PAL or NTSC on a pc game ?

Yep! look in the corner either at the back or front of the box! it even says now on some

sites about weather the game is NTSC or PAL format.

Dunno why you think that... I have a few US games and they play fine... My disk drive is a British one.

It does not state on any PC game in-fact that i have if it is PAL or not...

I always thought the US versions of ArmA 2 etc had this logo:

pc_dvd-rom.gif

I believe it means that it's region free, I could be wrong though.

Edited by hetsar
Spelling

Man, why do I always need to explain from A to Z ... Grrrrrrrr... lol

Why you think when we have release dates, we cant NOT buy from another country who already has the game due to the fact that it wont work! now by seeing that your from the Uk, same with me! then surely you would of heard of a shop called "another world" well they sell all the top games from around the world, ones that are not released in our country for months to come or never released at all, specially japan titles! and this gives people the chance to own it! WELL, to do this .. you need to have either a Chip in your console or a special region code in your computer for it to work! the region code on your computer if I remember rightly can only be changed 3 times, after that ZIP! then changes will never work again, so ive been told (you can read more about it online). I am 95% sure that a NTSC game will not work on a PAL machine, same as vice versa! ive just looked in my ArmA2 box and booklet and I found ON THE BOOKLET at the back it says PAL and then 3 countries languages, Uk, Sweden, and Finland (I think, lol).

I wouldnt be talking BS unless I really knew what I was talking about, besides the wonderful internet these days has all the answers! check out Yahoo Answers (submit a question and let the world answer you) But like I said, im very sure im right and you cant play PAL games on NTSC machines! good luck though.

Thats odd my ones don't mention anything about PAL, I did say i wasn't to sure though...

Funny thing is that I bought a German version of ArmA 2 when it came out, I am in the US and it works great. There are no limitations other than language options when purchasing a game from a different country.

NTSC and PAL only apply to console games and movies on DVD players.

DarkXess please stop confusing people with your ... ideas.

As others already said, PAL/NTSC is totally irrelevant with PC games as there is only one signal coming out of any graphics card on this planet.

lawndartleo

As Reinforcements is just the DLC content on a disc, it is compatible with your US A2/OA installation as it is with any other installation.

DarkXess please stop confusing people with your ... ideas.

As others already said, PAL/NTSC is totally irrelevant with PC games as there is only one signal coming out of any graphics card on this planet.

lawndartleo

As Reinforcements is just the DLC content on a disc, it is compatible with your US A2/OA installation as it is with any other installation.

W0lle, please... im giving my honest opinion! I wouldnt just go and lie just for what? man! I bought my game and other games from London, on the new DVD editon of games you get in the bottom right corner on some saying NTSC or PAL. its true! ill look around for some proof and post it here if I find it! if it comes to it, ill even just take a flippin snap shot of my own boxes just to show you! im only saying from past experience and what ive seen.

So please dont tell me to stop confusing people when its really my opinion and what ive seen, heard, and found out in life! I bet you have never even been to the Uk? let alone bought a game here? so you saying im confusing people has no legitimacy.

Ill find some pics, evidence what not ... IF I can, if not then like I said before, good luck! try it by all means, but if it doesnt work! then please pleaseeeee do say so in this thread that I was right.

One more thing, this is just like game ratings in the US and UK! we have a circle with 12 and 18 on it! you guys have what? I cant remember but I know its different! everything is different just like NTCS and PAL.

Edit:

Ok, Amazon has a thread about it here! DvD and Games, so read the whole thread! its saying its possible it will work, though sometimes could have problems, like the game keys wont work! and also game content will be

different (known fact anyways) but im not right, neither am I wrong, there is fact that its most likely it will work! but also state could have problems. Well, there is your answer!

Edited by DarkXess

You are confusing! NTSC and PAL have no relevence at all when it comes to PC gaming.

You are confusing! NTSC and PAL have no relevence at all when it comes to PC gaming.

+1, I have US games and they run fine.

-2 your stupid remarks too! do read my posts to where ive NOT once said "DO NOT BUY IT" I even said, "its up to you, but I wouldnt chance it" = personal opinion

of myself! plus I am not saying anything confusing at all, im just stating facts here! read around and even click on that link I gave, it shows that alot more people

are confused about it too, and it does say about it working yes! but also sometimes NOT working! I give up... Go ahead and buy it! really, its so good, you wont

miss anything! it works great on NTSC and you wont have ANY problems at all, trust me ... I know it all! Its funny how some of you n00bs are not reading properly!

your just jumping your high horses, your saying it works fine for you, NOT EVERYONE is you!!!!!!

every if not all machines are different! im just giving my opinions here! man...

It's confusing because there's no such thing as PAL and NTSC for PC games, as PAL and NTSC are television encoding systems. Maybe a foreign game won't work, but not because it's PAL or NTSC. Let's end this discussion anyway

DarkXess is talking sh*t. PAL and NTFS are only relevant for console games, because they are encoding systems for analogue television.

birtuma (no directly cursing you) BUT SHUT THE F**K UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

try clicking the fu**ing link,.. im sick of saying s**t on this forum when no one listens!

like I fu**ing said, I dont care, do what you flippin like. BUY THE FUCKING GAME!

try clicking the fu**ing link,.. im sick of saying s**t on this forum when no one listens!

like I fu**ing said, I dont care, do what you flippin like. BUY THE FUCKING GAME!

Do you know the difference between a PC and a TV?

You are unfortunately wrong.

It says PEGI, which is an Age rating.

Read your own link:

"I buy PC games (and also PS3 games - since blu-ray is region free ) from oversea on a regular basis and do not have a problem with the DVD format. Simply put, the game disc only contain information that get loaded into your PC, and then PC graphic card uses its own video game display format for the game. The PC commonly uses VGA and DVI for video display on a PC monitor; and does not use television type PAL or NTSC format for video display (when playing PC games).

If you are thinking about buying PC games oversea, typically, you don't have worry about the games not playing properly on your PC. On the other hand, you will have to worry about who you are buying the game from; what kind of currency are you using; and how long does it take to ship the game. If in doubt, I suggest trying out GoGamer.com. They have a sizable selection of import PC games."

I swear the threads on this forum are getting funnier and funnier!

I think that picture sums up my sentiments pretty well actually, LOL. Good one Tankbuster!

DarlXess,

Mate, you made me giggle this evening after a shit day at work, cheers buddy! :D

§1) No Flaming/Flame-baiting/bigotry

Abusive, racist, sexist, homophobic comments (or any other type of bigotry), personal attacks and name calling are not allowed either on the forum or through PM's. If you receive a PM that is abusive or you find offensive please forward it to a moderator who will investigate.

Flame-baiting is also not tolerated; flame-baiting is making a post to someone that is obviously intended to elicit an angry response. Mocking/teasing/ridiculing someone or the point someone wants to make is also flamebaiting. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles, messages posted in social groups, as well as quoting someone against their wishes in your signature to belittle/tease/mock them. If someone asks you to remove something they posted on the forum from your signature you must remove it. Common sense tells you that posting someone's PMs without permission is also flamebaiting and will be punished.

Closing before this gets even more out of hand. :rolleyes: