Sign in to follow this  
pstennisace

Gravity does not exist??!?!?!

hey guys, on all my weapons other than rguns (AT4, gustav, M203) all the projectiles go in a perfectly straight line, no arc, and the dont ever fall due to gravity. Even the hellfires for my appache with the designator on! can someone tell me how to fix this? oH and it happened after I DL'ed the latest ACE patch and OA patch

welcome to the real arma where your weapons never act like they shoud.

get used to it its normal and does nothing hove in comon with ace or eny patch.

Its normal.

Unlimitet fuel for rockts and flying tanks.

have fun.

Doesnt ace give launchers arcs?

Just last night in I44 i was using a shrek 30 as a mortar (to good effect).

Arma2 has a good ballistics model.

Arma2 has a good ballistics model.
Not for Launcher Weapons. The MAAWS fly straight for 1500 meters and RPG-7 is similar.

ive played arma for 2 years! and have never envountered this problem. How can i fix this? re dL the new ACE? and how do i get my hellfires to go where i want? i turn designator on and am in gunner seat

I find ballistics for every weapon, AT or bullet, to work completely like I would expect. Never seen bullets that "fly forever".

Yes, RPG7 fly how far? 150-200 meters before they drop. Not exactly forever flying.

Holy memory loss batman!

OT:

Ive never really noticed anything too odd with the weapon ballistics.

Edited by xmongx

Yes, RPG7 fly how far? 150-200 meters before they drop. Not exactly forever flying.

O rly? than shoot the rpg straight in the air and watch the smoke trail for every rocket weapon.

No droping.Just flying and exploding in mid air.

RPG-7 has a crapload of drop.

O rly? than shoot the rpg straight in the air and watch the smoke trail for every rocket weapon.

No droping.Just flying and exploding in mid air.

The best part is when you can shoot hovering choppers in Timurkalay with MAWWS from Garmarud..that's 1650m range. only aim two marks higher as point blank. Using something like a T-55 gun or a D30 would be more difficult since the rounds from this are affected by a parabolic flight curve.

I'm vanilla Comb Ops and find bullets fly pretty realistically,for example choose a scope with zoom, lay the crosshairs on a nearby target and the bullet will hit the crosshairs as in real life, but at longer ranges you'll see the bullet drops and impacts below the crosshairs because of gravity.

But shoulder-launched missiles are a mixed bunch, some seem realistic in the game but some don't, and to further complicate things, in real life ballistic rockets suffer gravity drop, but guided rockets fly horizontally because of guidance vanes which act like small wings, such as with the Hellfire.

PS-As for the Javelin, it zooms up and then drops at a steep angle, that's realistic.

Edited by PoorOldSpike

I'm vanilla Comb Ops and find bullets fly pretty realistically,for example choose a scope with zoom, lay the crosshairs on a nearby target and the bullet will hit the crosshairs as in real life, but at longer ranges you'll see the bullet drops and impacts below the crosshairs because of gravity.

But shoulder-launched missiles are a mixed bunch, some seem realistic in the game but some don't, and to further complicate things, in real life ballistic rockets suffer gravity drop, but guided rockets fly horizontally because of guidance vanes which act like small wings.

PS-As for the Javelin, it zooms up and then drops at a steep angle, that's realistic.

What not realistic with arma missiles is that they don't have a burnign time ...they accelerate too fast and never drop in speed.

(See TOW, AIM-9X, R-73) but on the other hand KH-29 behave the other way round...they seem to "hover" to target slowly and hit when the launching aircraft is a mile ahead. Btw. METIS, NLAW and Dragon have no lock on time.

Well...thats it...the way Launchr behave and the damege they deal to 45 ton MBTs is breaking any realistic gameplay and leads to using fully unrealistic "tactics". (like attacking a MBT front on with light anti armour weapons and even sending a second shot after it within seconds. This issue renders armoured vehicles useless or not better than a HMMWV for 3 years now.

i dont know if you guys are understanding my issue. It has to be a bug, becuase ive played AO and A2 plenty and know everything drops and such, but this must be bug, becuase an m203, flys in a perfectly straight line. as well as hellfires

That is surely a bug.

Get it fixed, and then install Zeus AI. That's the best way to make rocket trajectories more realistic if you don't have ACE.

This issue renders armoured vehicles useless or not better than a HMMWV for 3 years now.

Really? You do realize that you can snipe HMMWV drivers/gunners right? Not to mention the HMMWV requires at least two rockets. If you use the tank effectively, with infantry support, you should do just fine.

i dont know if you guys are understanding my issue...but this must be bug, becuase an m203, flys in a perfectly straight line. as well as hellfires

Your installation must be bugged or is glitching mate.Check out my M203 gren-launcher tests here and you'll see they have trajectories like rainbows-

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/showthread.php?7420-Grenade-Launcher-Tests

As for the Hellfire, they're guided and therefore don't suffer gravity drop (think 'lockon'). Check it-

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/showthread.php?6609-Hellfire-tutorial

PS- here's my 'bullet-drop' tests that show they realistically drop below the crosshairs at longer ranges-

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/showthread.php?7436-Sniper-Rifle-Tests

Edited by PoorOldSpike

I should note that guided missiles also have absolutely fantastic ballistics. If they miss their target and start running out of range, they do stuff like starting to drift backwards in mid air.

I should note that guided missiles also have absolutely fantastic ballistics. If they miss their target and start running out of range, they do stuff like starting to drift backwards in mid air.

lol that's nothing compared to what the missiles on the Ka5o missiles did in ArmA. If they didn't hit you directly, they started doing a crazy orbit pattern around you just flying at all kinds of weird angles until they ran out of fuel exploded and destroyed your aircraft anyway.

lol that's nothing compared to what the missiles on the Ka5o missiles did in ArmA. If they didn't hit you directly, they started doing a crazy orbit pattern around you just flying at all kinds of weird angles until they ran out of fuel exploded and destroyed your aircraft anyway.

I think they still do that. There's a ticket about them coming back around to hit you active on the ArmA 2 bugtracker. And it squares what was happening in this one mission where my supersonic jet would spontaneously explode.

Those things travel at like Mach 8 in this game...:j:

Hi, on the ArmA2 v1.09 the SMAW-AT missiles fly straight until they hit something... or dissapear in the air or where you've your ViewDistance setted up, without any parabolic trayectory beyond a certain range.

With the PG7-V HEAT missiles i find hard to hit anything beyond 250m because it haves a very huge parabolic trayectory and the sights suck.

The bullets dissapear and their supposed effect too at 1800m, just like in the ArmA1.

And i've never seen an aircraft missile ricochet on the ArmA2 v1.08 or the v1.09, but i've seen many tank shells ricochet on the hull of BMP2s, BTR-60s, BTR-90s and LAVs. Let's C ya

RPG-7 has a crapload of drop.

Nothing really has drop. It just initial drop to give you the illusion. They go straight forever after start.

Yes, vanilla ArmA 2 has utterly inaccurate rocket ballistics, but this is old news. ACE fixes this problem.