Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Six Updater: Install/Update mods, missions. Delta patching. Server browser, and more!

Hi - I've just started using Six Updater and Six Launcher, and they work great.

Except they run the game itself as Admin, and therefore use a blank "Admin" profile rather than my existing player profile, and thus I cannot access my existing config, save games, campaign progress, etc.

Any way round this? Or do I accept it, and if so is there a way of migrating my existing player profile?

I'm using Steam.

Heya,

Glad it's working great!

It should be possible to select the player profile, or otherwise migrate it.

In any case, the admin requirement is removed from our upcoming project, Play withSIX.

---------- Post added at 17:46 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

For my part, I can't update CBA or ACE via Six. It just keeps failing on every mirror... :(
Could you please post the logfiles, then we can figure out what's up; http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

Sounds like a file-in-use or otherwise permission issue.

Sounds like a file-in-use or otherwise permission issue.

This was at work, where I had two Six's installed somehow, DVD OA and Steam A2, a huge virus scan running and background stuff being installed. So I just deleted absolutely everything and reinstalled from download and all is well now. :)

why aren´t the betas updated on SU anymore?

...last is from 7/28

why aren´t the betas updated on SU anymore?

...last is from 7/28

Betas are updated on the network when they are BE supported, and no known game breakers exist.

Past few patches seem to have several;

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?138466-ARMA-2-OA-beta-build-95777-(1-62-MP-build)&p=2204027&viewfull=1#post2204027

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?138466-ARMA-2-OA-beta-build-95777-(1-62-MP-build)&p=2203748&viewfull=1#post2203748

Pushing broken patches to 10's of thousands of users is in nobodies best interest.

If you wish to experiment you can find the beta's on the official beta download site.

Possibly in the near future, we might support multiple beta versions (e.g 'edge' and 'stable').

Hey all,

First of all Thanks for providing us with this awesome MOD! I am totally excited just by seeing videos on youtube..looking forward to play it asap. :D

But, I am having a problem in downloading this particular mod: "@ACEX" using Six Updater as its pretty huge file of ~784MB

I checked out the version info using SixUpdater and this resolves to this mod: http://stats.six-updater.net/mods/show/b1f84534-a754-11de-b50f-0021855d3b6d

This is the last file I need for up and running my ACE mod(s), a direct question here.. Can I download the same file directly? Would like to get the direct link to this mod so that I can use a download manager or something with resume functionality :|

Because whenever I comeback after getting back my connection to the internet..I have to click on "verify and repair mods" and then SU starts it redownlaod the whole mod again :( is there any workaround for this?

Also, I saw the release given here: http://wiki.ace-mod.net/ACE_1_13#Downloads is some ~500'ish MB and is revision 253? Whereas the one on the link above^ is revision 365.

Please help me out coz I really want to get my hands on ACE and learn something new and awesome! :D

Note: Sorry forum MOD/OP if I ruined this thread but couldn't find any particular place to start my own thread :| Please move it as you like.

UPDATE:

Armarize'd it :D. Its running fine for now

Regards,

sky770

Edited by sky770

Good day Sickboy,

I stopped playing ArmA2 about a year ago and I've come back to it and getting hooked again mostly thanks to your tool. It's amazing to see how the tool has changed in just a year and how the mod community is still creating and updating a lot of content.

One of the things I was interested last year was seeing Günter Severloh's WarMod supported by SU. I've spent some time searching this thread and the forums and found the discussion Günter and you had about it. For what I understood of it seemed like Günter was not very convinced about using SU despite you were very understanding and willing to help him with the task:

Hey Sickboy,

Wondering if we can get COWarMod on SU, and A2WarMod, not sure what exactly is needed to be done to do this,

as i believe you had said you have to do this, is that correct?

Should have some time coming weeks.

This quote is the last I've been able to find about what you had planned for WarMod and since I haven't found this mod's entry in SU I'd appreciate if you could tell me if the porting of this mod was dropped, put on hold or if I've missed its entry in SU's mod list.

Thanks for your attention and keep up the good work Sickboy! Thanks to SU ArmA2 has IMO perhaps the best modding management tool of all gaming industry, keeping this game and helping its modders to create and update content easier. Wish other games had tools like this lol :D

Tried to post in the DISQUS on you support page, but somehow my comment "disappeared". Anyway; can you update ASR_AI and TPW_AI-stuff on the SIX-network? In advance thank you!

how exactly i can exclude some servers from server list?

Just asked the same on the Disqus thread on the 6 page. Some mods overwhelm the browser, it'd be nice to exclude them. Not knocking THAT mod, just don't want to see mostly that mod.

... Not knocking THAT mod, just don't want to see mostly that mod.

Let me guess - DayZ

@NeuroFunker

When you have nothing usefull to reply to a user with a question just do not post. The above post is considered spam and spamming is not allowed here!

@ SneakyNinja

Six Updater questions belong in the Six Updater thread, since you are new here I will move your post to the SU thread.

Edited by Guest
Done, post moved to SU thread

Tried to post in the DISQUS on you support page, but somehow my comment "disappeared". Anyway; can you update ASR_AI and TPW_AI-stuff on the SIX-network? In advance thank you!

Apologies for the delay, was over at GamesCom, both updated!

---------- Post added at 11:41 ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 ----------

Hey SB,

A couple issues with the mods:

1. Deprecated addon files in @asr_pukf_weapons_ace causing errors:

asr_aceconfigs_pukf_weapons.pbo & asr_aceconfigs_pukf_weapons_settings.pbo should be deleted

2. Duplicate mods: @gsep_moschnyi & @gsep_mosch

TIA

Cheers mate! Apologies for the delay, handled both.

---------- Post added at 11:42 ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 ----------

Like the topic said, Why is my six updater in russian?

Should only happen when the locale is detected as Russian, or when you manually set it to Russian.

In any case you can change it in the Options available in the menu; big blue button left up.

---------- Post added at 11:44 ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 ----------

how exactly i can exclude some servers from server list?
Just asked the same on the Disqus thread on the 6 page. Some mods overwhelm the browser, it'd be nice to exclude them. Not knocking THAT mod, just don't want to see mostly that mod.

Currently not really possible, though in the new Play withSIX you only see servers that are relevant to the selected mod.

Thanks, hope you had a lot of fun !

Most definitely, met with our SIX team, Tier1Ops guys, Xeno, and from BI: Rocket and had a long conversation with Ivan and exclusive demo to A3, and some with Zipper5 and others.

what happend to the f22 and smaller addons etc i only see the big ones now
They're still on the network, and available in SIX Updater to freely select, while currently in Play withSIX only available when auto-activated if required for a server.

PwS is still in Preview and at this time can fully replace SIX Launcher, but there's still some work left to be done before it will replace SIX Updater.

cool it looks cool thouhg i had some trouble regisering it gave me a message an error eccured we are looking into it so i didn't get the confirmation email

does anyone know how to chane the game folder in sixupdater

the reason is that i have a steam combined ops and a non steam but after i installed the steam version the sixupdater only finds that one and i want to be able to swich between them i know it could be done in the old web version but i can teem to find where i change the game folder

does anyone know how to chane the game folder in sixupdater

the reason is that i have a steam combined ops and a non steam but after i installed the steam version the sixupdater only finds that one and i want to be able to swich between them i know it could be done in the old web version but i can teem to find where i change the game folder

SIX Updater, so not the new Play withSIX?

You can configure paths per Game Profile (top tabs, Game Profile, last box),

and globally in the Options (blue button left up).

six updater yes

thanks i'll see if i can find it :-)

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

SIX Updater, so not the new Play withSIX?

You can configure paths per Game Profile (top tabs, Game Profile, last box),

and globally in the Options (blue button left up).

thank you very much it did the trick:)

six updater yes

thanks i'll see if i can find it :-)

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

thank you very much it did the trick:)

Sure mate, any time :)