Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Six Updater: Install/Update mods, missions. Delta patching. Server browser, and more!

I think there is something wrong with the last update of the CWR2 mod. I get this error message http://s4.postimg.org/8cut8rbwd/prob.jpg as more people have reported over in the CWR2 thread.

Tried first to update, then removed the mod and reinstalled. Same error appears.

Other mods update/install just fine.

I don't get that error but it just gets stuck at 0% for me. Doesn't work in SU either.

I think there is something wrong with the last update of the CWR2 mod. I get this error message http://s4.postimg.org/8cut8rbwd/prob.jpg as more people have reported over in the CWR2 thread.

Tried first to update, then removed the mod and reinstalled. Same error appears.

Other mods update/install just fine.

im getting the same error only on CWR2 .

operating system is win7 64 bit sp1 up to date

i can't seem to find a download link for six updater anymore only play with six?

i can't seem to find a download link for six updater anymore only play with six?
Hasn't moved, it's on the DL page in small letters.

Hi @Sickboy (You blocked private message)

I'm Maxjoiner, I done some police Mods Like:

Cops and Robbers MOD

UK Police MOD

and I'm working on others mods...

I saw in this page:

http://stats.six-updater.net:808/mods/show/2891f5cc-49f0-11e3-b853-001517bd964c?_method=get&eid=47e571a3484254514daf7b8367d698e1

You added at my mod a your Bikey without my permission.

So I ask You to remove immediatly all my works from your site.

For the Future You can not take my works for your site...

Regards

Maxjoiner

Hello again Maxjoiner,

sorry for the delay of response and action.

I tried to reach you in Steam to discuss this matter again.

Last time we came to a different conclusion, but it seems there was a misunderstanding or a change of mind.

In any case we are following your request and are in the process to remove your mods from our system.

Hopefully you will reconsider your decision at a later point. Take care.

We're discontinueing the old SIX clients as of february 2014,

for full info please check out http://www.six-updater.net/2014/01/happy-new-year-and-announcing.html

Does this mean that the old 2.9.7 will no longer connect to the six network at some point (or other 'show-stopping' issue)... or just that there will no longer be updates to the SU?

Does this mean that the old 2.9.7 will no longer connect to the six network at some point (or other 'show-stopping' issue)... or just that there will no longer be updates to the SU?

Hi Savage,

The old clients won't be able to access mods on the network anymore shortly,

due to dropping the legacy network to remove double space usage and maintenance factors from our network.

How are you using SIX Updater? Is there anything Play withSIX is not yet providing which you would like to see?

Any other shortcomings known, or improvements desired?

All important functionality should now be available in Play withSIX.

With the final piece of the puzzle coming in 1.16, which is multi profile support (so you can run multiple dedicated servers or setup different configurations from perspectives like "Modder", "Editor", "Gamer" etc).

The only functionality not ported to Play withSIX is the setup and management of custom repositories.

Technically it should be fine to keep using SIX Updater (or SixZsync commandline utility) for that purpose for now.

We plan to provide a new custom repository tool in the near future to replace that too though :)

Hope this answers your question, looking forward to your response!

Edited by Sickboy

Thanks for the detailed response Sickboy (and also thanks for all you do re: SU/PWS and DevHeaven)

To be honest I have not looked at PWS in some time so I need to give it another chance. My only concern is with the ability to create custom repos... and the fact that I'm much more familiar with SU but that is my problem not yours :p

If I can keep using SU to create/manage repos that is just fine and will await that feature in PWS.

I'm having some trouble with PwS honestly, hence im keeping with SU.

My problem with SU though might come from you guys discontinuing support from it, i am having the following problems:

1.Inability to download VTE or UNS through SU with no error message

2.Inability to download taviana and razmisc with "GUID mismatch" error

And my last question would be regarding a problem with PwS:

I have PwS installed, when i go to Mods then local, i can see that there are 213 mods installed on my machine but when I take a look at them in PwS they shown as not installed when they are clearly there. The only ones that do work are the local mods i installed by hand and were not downloaded through Six Updater. Any help?

And my last question would be regarding a problem with PwS:

I have PwS installed, when i go to Mods then local, i can see that there are 213 mods installed on my machine but when I take a look at them in PwS they shown as not installed when they are clearly there. The only ones that do work are the local mods i installed by hand and were not downloaded through Six Updater. Any help?

You can't use both SU and PWS. Your problem with PWS is that you still have your mods synced through SU.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Alright, i uninstalled SU, but PWS when trying to convert the mods just sits at .0%

EDIT: Nevermind, my firewall was blocking it.

Message to Sickboy: (You blocked the PM)

I'm Maxjoiner, I done a bit of Mods\addons of Police,

You or Your staff have not my permission to add my works to your server...

This is the second time! So I already informed the bohemia forum Admins

to stop your continue abuses...

I repeat You have not my permission to use my works!!!

Delete all my works from Your site!!!

I hope I was clear!!!

Hi Max,

Apologies, it was added with the best of intentions, but by accident ignored that you do not give permissions.

We noticed and thought we had corrected the mistake earlier today but due to a failure in the system it was not removed from the website itself.

I've made sure it has been removed now, and for the future we are working on a solution so that we cannot make this mistake again.

Our apologies for violating your wishes.

@Sickboy

Hello sir, and first off, thanks for your hard work and dedication to PWS. I'm posting this message to ask why the latest version of ALIVE for Arma 3 is not posting to PWS. I have already posted in the Alive thread and have been told that it is up to PWS to update the mod on PWS and the Alive guy said he has no control over that. The latest version of Arma 3 @ALIVE is 0.9, yet the PWS servers still only have 0.8 available.

Our team uses PWS for mod distribution and I would hate to have to resort to another method since the our team has used SU/PWS for several years now.

Is there any way for this issue to get resolved?

Respectfully,

Zlin

Edited by Zlin

The latest version of Arma 3 @ALIVE is 0.9, yet the PWS servers still only have 0.8 available.

Not sure what you mean, I'm showing v0.9.0.1410251:

alive_zps97836728.jpg

Make sure you are actually connected to the Six network - sometimes it is unavailable.

Edited by Harzach

Not sure what you mean, I'm showing v0.9.0.1410251:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a297/Dotanuki/Screens/alive_zps97836728.jpg

Make sure you are actually connected to the Six network - sometimes it is unavailable.

yes, in the newer version of Play With Six, the current version of ALIVE (v0.9) may be showing up. I am referring to the Six Update version that allows custom repositories to be created and maintained. In that version (Six Updater, not PWS), the @ALIVE mod is still at 0.8.

Is there a way to host and maintain custom repositories with the new PSW? I tried looking around on the PWS web site but am not seeing any good instructions on using the newer PWS to host custom repositories.

Thanks.

Z

Ah, you said PWS, not SU:

I'm posting this message to ask why the latest version of ALIVE for Arma 3 is not posting to PWS. I have already posted in the Alive thread and have been told that it is up to PWS to update the mod on PWS and the Alive guy said he has no control over that. The latest version of Arma 3 @ALIVE is 0.9, yet the PWS servers still only have 0.8 available.

Our team uses PWS for mod distribution and I would hate to have to resort to another method...

From what I undertand, SU is no longer fully supported, but obviously best to wait for Sickboy's response regarding that.

Good luck!

@Sickboy

Hello sir, and first off, thanks for your hard work and dedication to PWS. I'm posting this message to ask why the latest version of ALIVE for Arma 3 is not posting to PWS. I have already posted in the Alive thread and have been told that it is up to PWS to update the mod on PWS and the Alive guy said he has no control over that. The latest version of Arma 3 @ALIVE is 0.9, yet the PWS servers still only have 0.8 available.

Our team uses PWS for mod distribution and I would hate to have to resort to another method since the our team has used SU/PWS for several years now.

Is there any way for this issue to get resolved?

Respectfully,

Zlin

yes, in the newer version of Play With Six, the current version of ALIVE (v0.9) may be showing up. I am referring to the Six Update version that allows custom repositories to be created and maintained. In that version (Six Updater, not PWS), the @ALIVE mod is still at 0.8.

Is there a way to host and maintain custom repositories with the new PSW? I tried looking around on the PWS web site but am not seeing any good instructions on using the newer PWS to host custom repositories.

Thanks.

Z

Hi Zlin and thanks for your kind words :)

We recently replaced our API with the next version, not only changing up the format but also how and where it is generated and obtained from.

Sadly SIX Updater is not compatible with these changes, and I am currently looking at an approach on how we can solve this.

As we do not yet have a replacement for custom repository management in PwS, aside from Collection Sharing; http://withsix.com/blog/share-your-experience

Were you still downloading mods through SIX Updater? Could you elaborate on your use case?

The workaround would be to use PwS to download and install the mods, and only use SIX Updater to manage the repository.

Some more reference here; http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171722-Discover-Play-Promote-missions-and-mods-withSIX&p=2809677&viewfull=1#post2809677

Edited by Sickboy

@Sickboy. Thanks for your reply. I'll have to see if I can figure out how to do as you said, use PWS to update apps and then only use SU to run the repository. I'm a little unsure of the mechanics of doing it that way but I'll try to figure it out.

Thanks for clearing up why the Alive mod was not updating.

Z

Why do some options not appear like the Sp or Mp slide bar, and my overlay is a dessert because i followed up the instructions to enable servers etc but with the absence of certain things it won't work. Do i need to alter things myself?