Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Six Updater: Install/Update mods, missions. Delta patching. Server browser, and more!

Hey Nederlander, would you ever consider making a version of Play withSIX/Updater for GRAW 2? Like ArmA 2 there's no in-line updater and a lot of content to manage that separates Fans from the game... While GRAW 2 is virtually abandon-ware as GRIN (the Developer) has closed it's doors; it has excellent mod support with an enormous catalog of mods, maps and missions, as well as an enthusiastic dedicated audience with active 24/7 servers. What's more, Diesel Engine mods are self-contained 'bundle' files with integrated XML version control (info here), that would require far less of the feature sophistication provided in your ArmA 2 SIX Updater.

I'm sure you have a full plate supporting ArmA 2 feature requests but there's a substantial cross-over Ghost Recon audience as you've probably been clued in via the likes of Lightspeed's Island Thunder port for ArmA 2 (and others) -- and Ghost Recon as well as the GRAW games do have some features and technology as yet not on offer in the ArmA games, and it doesn't look like that will change with ArmA 3. Considering SIX Updater's sophistication and flexibility, and GRAW 2's simplicity it at least appears this might be quick work for what would be a very appreciative audience, but that's only a guess -- and obviously the prospect has to appeal to you.

Regardless, thanks for all you've done in making my ArmA 2 experience a better smoother ride!

:D

Hi Hoak,

Thank you for your kind words and glad to read you enjoy our works!

It's an interesting idea and we will consider it, we have revised multi-game support planned for the latest project, Play withSIX, that might be a great opportunity.

Very low on time right now, but will keep in touch :)

Since 2 days ago, I am no longer able to open my copy of SixUpdater. I click on it, the logo pops up, then: "SixUpdater GUI has stopped working" then an option to click close program. I didn't change anything, and I have over 100 mods installed sixupdater.

Is there a known problem for this to happen? Anything I could check? I have no idea what it is and I am stuck with silly old vanilla.. Lol!

Fixed. I still don't know what caused it, but this time I uninstalled and deleted SU configuration files, then reinstalled. It worx :o

I have recently installed I44 on my computer using Play withSix and I was wondering how I could download SinglePlayer Missions to the game. Thanks.

I have recently installed I44 on my computer using Play withSix and I was wondering how I could download SinglePlayer Missions to the game. Thanks.

Hi, missions are often available on diverse community sites. For I44 however there are several missions included within the @i44 mod folder. You can copy them to the game's missions folder to activate them.

I suspect the readme has some more directions, specific to I44.

Just in case any of you are dumb like me... SYNCH WITH SU PORTAL! :) At work my ACE was all green, which was odd since it had been several weeks since I had updated it. But alas, I'm dumb. So I tried to install ACRE and it kinda didn't work at all. Looked like it worked, but never finished got all kinds of errors. I pushed through and it seemed OK!

Then I tried to add another mod and again got all kind of rsync errors and mismatch this and that. Finally clicked the big SYNCH button and everything was flawless again. Learn from my mistakes. :)

Is SIX down at the moment? ACE shows update available, wont do it. It was dicey last night and today just plain refuses to work.

11:49:24: SocketError (SocketError) An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. See log for details.

That almost looks like a DNS issue.

Edited by lawndartleo

Should be solved now, thanks for the headsup

Top bar go to 'home tab' > profile > A2 OA Standalone (forced)

Edited by larsiano

Top bar go to 'home tab' > profile > A2 OA Standalone (forced)

It always shows up a message saying 'Addon ace_main requires addon 'CBA_OA_XEH' even after I have set it to A2 OA Standalone(forced) or even A2 OA Combined Ops(forced) profile. Afterwards it shows the ACE intro screen and crashes with the message 'Include file x\cba\addons\ui_helpers\script_dikCodes.hpp not found.'

help me? D:

It always shows up a message saying 'Addon ace_main requires addon 'CBA_OA_XEH' even after I have set it to A2 OA Standalone(forced) or even A2 OA Combined Ops(forced) profile. Afterwards it shows the ACE intro screen and crashes with the message 'Include file x\cba\addons\ui_helpers\script_dikCodes.hpp not found.'

help me? D:

Make sure you are synced with the SU Portal, and that you are running the latest version of the software.

Also try deleting the @CBA modfolders, so they are reinstalled.

If still issues, best post your logs http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

Edited by Sickboy

Should I just have a empty preset selected, so that I may play on the vanilla Takistan Life server?

Should I just have a empty preset selected, so that I may play on the vanilla Takistan Life server?

Yes, create a new preset, select dynamic preset, or select an existing empty preset.

Yes, create a new preset, select dynamic preset, or select an existing empty preset.

Could you kindly make a VID on how to make a preset, how to update mods and simple things like that?

I sorry to say, and I've got good common sense, but using your tool is guess work.

I right click the mod, it goes to a preset (it chooses itself I don't know why) and seems only can do a few at a time.

I go to the far left side with presets, right click and remove them. They don't remove.

Seriously need a basic "How to make a preset and how to update Mods" youtube video.

I see guys making vids on how to go online. I'm not interested in MP playing. I'm interested in the Basic: Keeping my mods up to date. This is seriously needed.

Thanks for your time.

EDIT:

OK, I found a vid by Jedra here

Links like this and further basic meanings and instructions should be posted on your first post of your thread.

Colors. What do they mean? Is this explained? Where can I find the explaination?

By putting simple things like this on your first post, not only helps others, it saves you the headache from having to explain it over and over again.

Do I need a Preset to update a mod? Can I right click the mod and get it updated right there in the list itself without Preset?

Things like this need explaining in your first post. Even if you need to take up two or three full pages to do so....................Just a thought............

Edited by Kommiekat

For the answers to some of your questions please refer to the documentation; http://www.six-projects.net/Six_Updater+Documentation

In any case, SIX Updater will be replaced by PwS in the near future, and should be easier to use out of the box already, while documentation where required will be better accessible.

I should search before asking :rolleyes:

Could you kindly make a VID on how to make a preset, how to update mods and simple things like that?

Made this for some friends of mine:

@Sickboy quick question is the latest release of my Nogovan Mod on Six updater?

Cheers

@Sickboy quick question is the latest release of my Nogovan Mod on Six updater?

Cheers

When was it released? This is the current version on it; http://play.withsix.com/mods/255-rki_nogovan

ATM we're largely dependent on notifications by Author or Fans, we've got a topic over at http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/withsix/topics/mod_update_requests for mod update notifications/requests.

That is, until we finalize uploading/managing mods yourself (if you like) :)

When was it released? This is the current version on it; http://play.withsix.com/mods/255-rki_nogovan

Thats out of date by a few months ( i no longer use vilas weapon pack, as i have my own now), i updated all my addons into a full release. Please see http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?117030-Nogovan-Armed-Forces-Project&p=1890638&viewfull=1#post1890638 for Download.

In the future i will surely use http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/withsix/topics/mod_update_requests for letting you know of updates.

Thanks