Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Six Updater: Install/Update mods, missions. Delta patching. Server browser, and more!

Thanks for the quick response!

At the moment, I'm only planning on including some of the mods available on SU already; ACE, ACEX, ACRE, Lingor, etc. When I get home from work tonight I'm going to give it a shot. Thanks again!

Thanks for the quick response!

At the moment, I'm only planning on including some of the mods available on SU already; ACE, ACEX, ACRE, Lingor, etc. When I get home from work tonight I'm going to give it a shot. Thanks again!

NP, if you run into any issues, you can find the Skype groupchat linked for some assistance :)

Thanks, I appreciate that. I'm a bit of a n00b to server administration so there's a very high probability I'll come on there and beg for assistance. ;)

Right now I'm renting a server from NFOServers.com; I assume the repository .yml file can be hosted from there, or do I need an external space to host that bit?

Hey, I checked my server, and as I'm renting, I don't believe I can actually run Six Updater itself on this server -- I have to actually manually upload all the mods I'd like to use. Real bummer!

How do most people who use the SU on their server actually do this? I'm a total n00b to server administration. Outside of remote accessing some of the servers we use at work (which run on Win Server 2003), I have no clue where to even start. How do guys host a server out of their bedroom? I've never seen any internet provider that offers the type of connection I think you'd need to host an arma2 game.

Edited by Colosseum

Hey, sorry if this is the wrong place but i'm not sure where else to ask this. I have six updater working on a laptop but after i download the the v2.9.7pre on the website it chooses not to run it and says it needs to close the programme due to a problem. I've tried reinstalling it and repairing the files bbut to no avail. Any tips?

Hey, sorry if this is the wrong place but i'm not sure where else to ask this. I have six updater working on a laptop but after i download the the v2.9.7pre on the website it chooses not to run it and says it needs to close the programme due to a problem. I've tried reinstalling it and repairing the files bbut to no avail. Any tips?
Heya, the official support section is on our website @ http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

But NP :)

Are you saying the setup installer fails to run, or the software fails to run after updating the software?

In case of the former, have you tried downloading from any of the other available mirrors? http://www.six-updater.net/p/download.html

In case of the latter, you could uninstall the software, delete related shortcuts and the SIX Projects folder from Program Files, and then reinstall.

Could you please share some details about your system? Are all windows updates installed and system cleanly rebooted?

Heya, the official support section is on our website @ http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

But NP :)

Are you saying the setup installer fails to run, or the software fails to run after updating the software?

In case of the former, have you tried downloading from any of the other available mirrors? http://www.six-updater.net/p/download.html

In case of the latter, you could uninstall the software, delete related shortcuts and the SIX Projects folder from Program Files, and then reinstall.

Could you please share some details about your system? Are all windows updates installed and system cleanly rebooted?

The programme installs fine, it seems it just doesnt want to launch it afterwards. I downloaded the files vie the download page on Sixupdater.net. I've just tried your suggestion of deleting all traces and then reinstalling but the problem still persists. The desktop in question is a 4 year old Dell Inspiron 530 running windows vista. One cause could be that whenever i attempt to check for updates through the control panel it chooses not to respond. If this could be the cause, is there any way of getting it working without having to buy any extra software?

The programme installs fine, it seems it just doesnt want to launch it afterwards. I downloaded the files vie the download page on Sixupdater.net. I've just tried your suggestion of deleting all traces and then reinstalling but the problem still persists. The desktop in question is a 4 year old Dell Inspiron 530 running windows vista. One cause could be that whenever i attempt to check for updates through the control panel it chooses not to respond. If this could be the cause, is there any way of getting it working without having to buy any extra software?
Thanks.

In that case, try running from an (admin) command prompt: sfc /scannow

to see if there are any system files missing/corrupted and to fix this automatically.

If still issues, please create a ticket as described on the Support page, with screenshot of the error, perhaps the log files. Also if you get the error, if you then look into Control Panel, Administrative Tasks, Event Viewer, Windows Logs, Application log, you should probably see one or several related entries, if you could share the data from this as well, i'm fairly certain we can deal with the issue asap, thanks!

Buddy list, buddy chat, join your buddy

Even more bloat for the bloatware...

It is sad that the only accepted installer tries to be something it should not be.

Focus on modinstalling and launching and don't try to be a social network.

Our core features definitely are and will remain installing and launching.

@Scorcher24

The Six Launcher and updater project is an ongoing development, and the team is working hard on solving any issue that is brought to our attention. If you should have any feedback or issues, regarding the SIX Launcher or SIX updater, please create a ticket.

http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

Thanks for your support.

I have the most recent Six Updater and I'm trying to figure out how to run ACE Clippi via the updater. It wasn't letting me run it by just going to the folder, I read to try launching it via tools in the Six Updater. However it still doesn't launch. It says starting clippi but the menu doesn't come up allowing me to make the necessary changes. I made sure to download framework 4.0 after it didn't run the first and restarted my pc after however no go. I get this message in the SU 18:38:43: Please confirm: Are you sure you want to launch: @ACE - ACE Clippi (Launch the ACE Clippi tool) ? 18:38:45: Starting: aceclippi.exe but it never shows up. Here are my specs, let me know if I should provide anything else to help trouble shoot this.

Current Beta of ARMA 2

Win 7 home premium

Current release of SU and Six Launcher

Edited by Mr11B
Additional info and update

Hi i need help, i dont know why, but my servers dont appear at the sixlauncher, can someone help me?

Thanks

I know this is going to probably sound ridiculous however I simply can't add my mod to a custom repo. I've setup the repo and I've added the mod so it's shown as (L) under the preset and when I go to 'Use Preset' it lists my @mod but it simply won't add it to the list of mods for the repo, it's even in the repository itself but it won't export it to the live public repo when I click commit/push. I just don't know what else to try so I thought I would ask here. Thank you.

Edit: Would someone be able to run me through how exactly to add a custom non SU mod that iv'e personally made to a custom repo?

Edited by Polaris

I would really appreciate some help, just a simply guide on how to add a custom non-SU addon to my custom repo please :(.

if using SU, and a dynamic preset with latest beta, with cba/asr_ai and tpcw_ai loaded, I get an error in the editor if placed a group, and a player as me.

now, using another launcher, it works without error?

same files, beta etc....

Any idea what's the cause of this?

aargh,noFilePatching was not selected!

I should've checked :)

Edited by Birdseye

I've noticed a problem with the way SU downloads and installs mods, in that it doesn't move the userconfig or keys files to where they need to be (Arma2OA\userconfig Arma2OA\keys) but leaves them in the @mod folder (i.e. ASR_AI\userconfig\asr_ai_settings.hpp). This means the user has to manually check each mod folder to see if there's any such files and if so, manually move them to the right place otherwise things don't work properly (I recently updated ASR_AI and the exisiting asr_ai_settings.hpp was no longer compatible, giving me an error message until I manually copied the new one over the old one).

It seems the .hpp files can go in sub-folders as well, e.g. userconfig\ASR_AI\ so perhaps you could find a way to automatically create such sub-folders (if not already present) and copy the .hpp files there. The keys files can just be copied to the Arma2OA\keys\ folder.

I've noticed a problem with the way SU downloads and installs mods, in that it doesn't move the userconfig or keys files to where they need to be (Arma2OA\userconfig Arma2OA\keys) but leaves them in the @mod folder (i.e. ASR_AI\userconfig\asr_ai_settings.hpp). This means the user has to manually check each mod folder to see if there's any such files and if so, manually move them to the right place otherwise things don't work properly (I recently updated ASR_AI and the exisiting asr_ai_settings.hpp was no longer compatible, giving me an error message until I manually copied the new one over the old one).

It seems the .hpp files can go in sub-folders as well, e.g. userconfig\ASR_AI\ so perhaps you could find a way to automatically create such sub-folders (if not already present) and copy the .hpp files there. The keys files can just be copied to the Arma2OA\keys\ folder.

"Process userconfigs" does this. I hope SB will put in a dialog when SU detects new configs. Hint hint ;)

Both SU and SL handle Userconfig files, but it cannot know what changes are new, and what changes are done by yourself so it doesn't overwrite existing files unless you run "Process UserConfigs" action in SIX Updater.

---------- Post added at 13:18 ---------- Previous post was at 13:16 ----------

"Process userconfigs" does this. I hope SB will put in a dialog when SU detects new configs. Hint hint ;)

I like that idea, i've put it in the hint hint section ;-) https://dev-heaven.net/issues/37781

---------- Post added at 13:18 ---------- Previous post was at 13:18 ----------

I would really appreciate some help, just a simply guide on how to add a custom non-SU addon to my custom repo please :(.

http://www.six-projects.net/Six_Updater+CustomRepos_Setup+UI#Add%20Mods ?

Both SU and SL handle Userconfig files, but it cannot know what changes are new, and what changes are done by yourself so it doesn't overwrite existing files unless you run "Process UserConfigs" action in SIX Updater

Ah that's cool. So if I select a server preset and do "Process UserConfigs" it will copy the ones from the mod folders (for mods in that preset) to userconfigs\ but will it copy them to the root of that folder or to subfolders like \userconfig\ASR_AI as that's how I already have them and I'm not sure what would happen if SU puts another copy in the root of userconfig\.

I like that idea, i've put it in the hint hint section ;-) https://dev-heaven.net/issues/37781

Yeah, that would be cool. Perhaps SU could just make a backup of existing configs before copying the new one over, so then if the user finds they had made adjustments that the new config doesn't contain they'd have the old copy to reference and copy their tweaks across. Probably no need to prompt the user that there's an existing copy if it's making backups anyway.

It will install them where they need to be, subfolders.

Yes SU makes backups of the files when you run "process userconfigs". Still it seems not a good idea to just update them. The question is also to determine WHEN they need to be updated etc.