Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Six Updater: Install/Update mods, missions. Delta patching. Server browser, and more!

New Six Updater version released!

Annoyed with trying to join full-servers? Is your finger getting tired already from hitting the ENTER button all the time?

You can now automatically join servers once slots are free!

http://i45.tinypic.com/2m29z4j_thumb.png

(click to enlargfe)

--

First implementation of server queuing system added! https://dev-heaven.net/issues/31336

If you select a preset with a server, and enable the Server Monitor up top.

At the bottom of the server monitor is a checkbox "Auto-Join", and a combobox where you can select minimum required free slots (1-20 currently).

As soon as the required slots are available, SU will execute join on the preset/server.

At this time you need to count on the amount of time the game needs to startup, so don't put the required free slots too low.

Hopefully soon we can improve on that with background loading of the game.

Also queuing on multiple servers, with priority and other filtering requirements is planned for the near future!

Hopefully especially useful to all you DayZ players out there trying to find a spot ;-)

you are a star!!!

edit: is there an easier way to click on a dayz mod and just ley it load up just the dayz mod folder by default instead of the ace mods?

Edited by jonneymendoza

you are a star!!!

edit: is there an easier way to click on a dayz mod and just ley it load up just the dayz mod folder by default instead of the ace mods?

Did you make a custom preset with just the DayZ mod? This is what I did, from this point I've two options: 1) just start game or 2) I pre-select in the drop-down at the top the server I want to join (and usually have to use the queue feature otherwise there's no way in).

Btw, Sickboy, I guess I made a rather ranty post before but the queue feature is just awesome to have for Arma (it's something e.g. BF3 has for joining servers)! :yay:

I forgot how to make a custom preset with just DayZ mod. it keeps adding ace mods whenever i do :(

I just ended up creating a .exe @Dayz shortcut instead.

I forgot how to make a custom preset with just DayZ mod. it keeps adding ace mods whenever i do :(

I just ended up creating a .exe @Dayz shortcut instead.

Make sure you do not have a Server selected which requires ACE. (Otherwise you control this by disabling the ServerMods checkbox, but dont forget to re-enable if you want to join servers with the mods needed for that server)

You can choose to use Dynamic Preset:

Either a) follow this link: sixupdater://mod=84950cc2-8d47-11e1-baaa-001517bd964c.

or b) go to Mods tab, right click @DayZ, select "Use in Dynamic Preset", or for instance "Updater Actions" -> "Install or Update, and StartGame".

Or you can create a new persistent preset:

1. Create a preset:

Either a) Preset Ribbon tab up top, and then select New Preset

or b) Right click somewhere in the white space in the Preset Tree on the left side, and select New Preset

or c) Enable advanced mode, go to the Presets tab in the middle, choose New Preset

2. Add DayZ mod to preset

Either a) go to Mods tab, right click mod, add to Preset

or b) go to Mods tab, and drag and drop the mod into the preset of your choice

---------- Post added at 15:35 ---------- Previous post was at 15:27 ----------

Btw, Sickboy, I guess I made a rather ranty post before but the queue feature is just awesome to have for Arma (it's something e.g. BF3 has for joining servers)! :yay:
NP :) Glad you like it and hopefully I have time to improve it soon :) Edited by Sickboy

Cool thanks! could i also add the server i wish to auto join too? like a specific DayZ server?

Right click a server in the server browser and add server to preset, or create a new one.

Cool thanks! could i also add the server i wish to auto join too? like a specific DayZ server?

Yes, see his post http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?118605-Six-Updater-Install-Update-mods-missions-Delta-patching-Server-browser-and-more!&p=2148754&viewfull=1#post2148754 . If you select your Preset and at the top, on the "leftest" Ribbon you can choose a server from one of the Dropdowns in the middle. Choose your US2 or whatever server and enable the queue.

Hi Sickboy, I have a suggestion or question for the server browser filters... I would like to filter by servers NOT running a particular mod, to be more specific to exclude all DayZ servers from the server browser list. Is that possible? For the times I wanna play normal Arma 2 ;-) ? Thanks a lot

I'm happy to announce a side project we've started, to better support the casual player requirements on the short-term.

The tool will leverage the existing SU technology and infrastructure, but with a much smaller footprint, and simplicity is paramount.

The tool will focus on a single mod(set) at a time. Currently we will start with support for both ACE and DayZ,

others will probably follow later.

You will be able to:

• Start the game with the Mod
  • Install/Update the Mod
  • Join servers running the Mod, incl queueing for full servers
  • Find the server where a specific player is playing
  • Visit the homepage for the Mod

Lastly you can switch back to the full "advanced" Six Updater.

We're also improving Steam support, since that's one of the bigger gripes with SU - ARMA2 Steam edition registry entries missing in many cases which leads to unable to detect the ARMA2/OA games, or Combined Ops etc.

I expect we have a first release in the coming days, with stabilization in the weekend.

While the full, next generation Six Updater, is still being worked on very hard, and is still planned between the next couple of months and the end of the year.

Wow, incredible. I mean, this is so much work you're putting into this, so much dedication, IDK what to say. Thank you I guess.

Edited by rfc

Hi Sickboy, i have performance issues when updating with six updater, my cpu usage % goes up to 60% and i have audio stuttering problems (i can't for example watch a video on youtube while updating), in task manager i have seen a lot of rsync processes, is it normal ? thanks in advance

http://i.imgur.com/F1RQ1.png

@sickboy

I seem to be having a problem. If i try and use sixupdater to join a Dayz server, I always get kicked with the same message... battleye corrupt memory #1. If I use the mod loader in Arma2 I can join a server just fine. I can't seem to figure out why sixupdater keeps causing me to get kicked. I have deleted and reinstalled, CBA and jayarmalib. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled battleye, twice. I am not sure what the problem is. I have searched the forums and googled "battleye corrupt memory #1" but so far I am at a loss. I also check the .rpt and it had no errors that I could see would cause this.

Nomadd

I am 99% sure its caused by jaylib. the dsound.dll will cause corrupt memory #X if i am correct

try using the latest beta and JayArma2Lib_new

this error should not be related to six updater at all

@Nuxil

I agree. It could be I have both jayarmalib and jayarmalib_new installed. Some servers require one , some the other (few running lastest beta), so I load which ever is needed. I also have the lastest beta. I am not sure why that would be a problem. I let sixupdater set the mods I need ,depending on the server. I get the error regardless. However, if I load the mods using the built-in mod loader in Arma2 I do not get the error. I have also tried just installing jayarmalib_new and lastest beta. I completely deleted jayarmalib and dsound.dll. I thought maybe there was a conflict somewhere, and tried to join a server with sixupdater I still get the error. I do agree it is something with jayarmalib, I can join servers (through sixupdater) that do not run jayarmalib with no problems. I will keep playing around with it. I am sure it is something simple.

Nomadd

Anyone else getting this error when starting up SU? 'The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable', it's something to do with SixUpdater.msi I think.

I'm happy to announce that the new Launcher is coming together really well, and a first version should be ready for release any time now.

Currently it are mostly graphical elements that still need to be implemented/improved.

Once released we'll obviously do active servicing of the release, while we need to focus on some other things the next 2 weeks,

after that we'll be gradually improving the new launcher.

Currently it fully supports DayZ and PR - since they are both mods that have specific server requirements without additional mods,

while also ACE, I44 and CWR2 are supported, in their pure form - no additional mods currently.

Startup time is about 3 seconds, and another 5-10 seconds are spent for retrieving server info :)

Switching to the full "original" Six Updater is possible as well.

We could use a few testers for feedback, anyone interested? (2-3 people should be sufficient)

I'm happy to announce that the new Launcher is coming together really well, and a first version should be ready for release any time now.

Currently it are mostly graphical elements that still need to be implemented/improved.

Once released we'll obviously do active servicing of the release, while we need to focus on some other things the next 2 weeks,

after that we'll be gradually improving the new launcher.

Currently it fully supports DayZ and PR - since they are both mods that have specific server requirements without additional mods,

while also ACE, I44 and CWR2 are supported, in their pure form - no additional mods currently.

Startup time is about 3 seconds, and another 5-10 seconds are spent for retrieving server info :)

Switching to the full "original" Six Updater is possible as well.

We could use a few testers for feedback, anyone interested? (2-3 people should be sufficient)

Im interested mate. I can beta test it next week if u want

Im interested mate. I can beta test it next week if u want

Thanks for the offer mate, but we're talking hours here, maximum day :P

Count me in for testing if you still need somebody. PM.

;2151988']Anyone else getting this error when starting up SU? 'The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable'' date=' it's something to do with SixUpdater.msi I think.[/quote']

I am getting this erro to and so is my clanmate. Shall we just reinstall to fix it? (since it wont let me update or run the program)

EDIT:

May have been because I had 2 six updater folders and a six project folder which may have finally screwed it up.

Edited by [EVO] Dan

No idea on how to fix, I haven't done anything with SU but let it do its thing, clicking to run it then let it update etc. So its SU that's f'd it up. Perhaps something to do with what sickboy says above. A full uninstall will do the trick.

Is there a way to sync mods across all presets? I.e. "just update all my mods"?

---------- Post added at 14:34 ---------- Previous post was at 14:31 ----------

Related: currently, when there's update progress, I can't start adding more mods to sync/update/install; it says there's already an action in progress. From my perspective, all it would need is to add the mods to the Updater queue. thx

---------- Post added at 14:59 ---------- Previous post was at 14:34 ----------

I get an error while downloading @CRW2, Action remains "failed" and the window in the bottom left says: "There were errors, please review the logfile". Where is the logfile?

Six Launcher Beta Released!

f9vma.png

I'm proud and happy to present you the very first version of Six Launcher; The power of Six Updater 2, but without the Fuzz!

Simplicity, User friendly and Performance are key.

This launcher is the first product since we've become a team, and should give you a taste of what is to come in the actual next generation updater project, scheduled late this year.

In this first release we are supporting the following mods: ACE, CWR2, DayZ, I44 and Project Reality.

The features of the launcher are currently mostly useful to the mods with specific server setup (e.g DayZ or PR),

ATM we are extremely busy, but felt we should get you this launcher ASAP already, while we will expand and improve over time.

Current features

• Automatic game detection, with automated Steam fallback
  • Convert/Install/Update the supported mods
  • Server Browser
  • Join servers (mods auto-activated, Beta is automatically enabled/updated depending on server)

• QuickPlay - Auto pick a server

• QueueUp for full servers - auto-join once there are enough slots free

You can switch through the various mods currently by the little arrow under the logo.

Please consider this a Beta, we plan to do servicing coming days, and provide new/improved features over the course of the next few weeks.

Screenshots

Dayz:

2qtcmqd_thumb.png ACE: sqp02e_thumb.png Wide: 9u7o9g_thumb.png

(click to enlarge)

Check the Image Album for more

Download

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/files (Six Updater v2.9.6pre2 or newer)

Will probably be deployed for auto-update after a few days (and possible fixes/improvements ;-).

The application is called: "Six Launcher". Six Updater and Six Launcher are currently bundled together!.

For feedback and support please refer to: http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

Known Issues:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/issues?query_id=242

Enjoy!

Edited by Sickboy

Trying it out just now. I have some UI issues - you are probably aware of them already so sorry and I know this is a prerelease :)

1) the one arrow to change mods isa bit unintuitive - there is no way to go back if I click one, I have to cycle it all through the mods, while waiting for Sync to finish.

2) no way to sort servers right now (by player count/name/etc)

3) the server name field is too small - can't see whole server name (with usually important info like TS address, or difficulty settings in DayZ)

Otherwise, great job!