Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Six Updater: Install/Update mods, missions. Delta patching. Server browser, and more!

Hi Everyone

i have a question.

probably noob question..but as i wrote in the title i got exactly this message with six updater v2.9.5pre1: you seem to be running an old game version, latest: 1.60.0.87580 (your version: ), please get game update at:.....

i'm running steam version arma2, arma2 oa, arma2 co. i did the steam update.

i tried with game manager, downloaded and installed latest beta. nothing change.

on bottom of screen in red it says A2 op. Arrowhead (Combined Ops).

i read previous post disable the dedicated server checkbox up top but still got this message.

i'm wondering if this is why some of the mods i'm trying to install appears in black...but surely i'm wrong. I'm not so confident with mods.

Thanks to everyone in advance.

Fed.

thanx SB for a great update - keep em' comming :)

after installing the update i have got some messages when i start up some of my maps; "cannot open object/cannot load texture...". since i havent changed anything else i am wondering why i start to get this messages - are they somehow connected to SU?

best regards...

Can the auto-updater for SU start up SU again after updating? I can't tell you how many times I start SU, it starts to update then I completely forget what I was going and forget to update my mods since SU isn't running anymore. heh

Also having an icon on the taskbar while the splash screen is up and the program is loading would be helpful as well. Sometimes it takes so long during that update that I forget it's running (since another window has covered the splash screen) that I start it up again and kittens cry.

Hi Everyone

i have a question.

probably noob question..but as i wrote in the title i got exactly this message with six updater v2.9.5pre1: you seem to be running an old game version, latest: 1.60.0.87580 (your version: ), please get game update at:.....

i'm running steam version arma2, arma2 oa, arma2 co. i did the steam update.

i tried with game manager, downloaded and installed latest beta. nothing change.

on bottom of screen in red it says A2 op. Arrowhead (Combined Ops).

i read previous post disable the dedicated server checkbox up top but still got this message.

i'm wondering if this is why some of the mods i'm trying to install appears in black...but surely i'm wrong. I'm not so confident with mods.

Thanks to everyone in advance.

Fed.

Hi,

Please make sure your games registry entries are in order, check; http://six.dev-heaven.net/Six_Updater+FAQ#Paths (Game, mods, pack etc)

(especially the part about separate combined ops installations).

Then restart SU.

Can the auto-updater for SU start up SU again after updating? I can't tell you how many times I start SU, it starts to update then I completely forget what I was going and forget to update my mods since SU isn't running anymore. heh

Also having an icon on the taskbar while the splash screen is up and the program is loading would be helpful as well. Sometimes it takes so long during that update that I forget it's running (since another window has covered the splash screen) that I start it up again and kittens cry.

Currently not, i've still got to dive into the (limited edition) InstallShield specifics, as a short inspection didn't reveal a way to handle this after performing a minor upgrade.

A major upgrade on the other hand does have the option at the end to start the software, however this procedure is more involving because the software is fully uninstalled and reinstalled, with the confirmation dialog "Remove configuration files" included as well.

Anyway, it's on the list :) https://dev-heaven.net/issues/28031

Icon on the taskbar during startup, while I suppose this is against expected windows app behavior, due to the length, considering auto sync with portal, and gamespy may occur as well, i'll see what I can do.

Perhaps a small pre-launcher with progress and status output appearing within few seconds of splash screen, including taskbar icon could be more in line.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/28732

BTW, I cannot reproduce issues when trying to start up SU, over and over and over, while the splash screen is shown.

SU is actually designed as a single-instance application, and should not be able to be started more than once, while if an SU instance is already fully started, it actually responds to the startup-parameters given to the 2nd/n'th instance :)

Could you describe your experiences?

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 21:36 ---------- Previous post was at 21:32 ----------

thanx SB for a great update - keep em' comming :)

after installing the update i have got some messages when i start up some of my maps; "cannot open object/cannot load texture...". since i havent changed anything else i am wondering why i start to get this messages - are they somehow connected to SU?

best regards...

Hi, thanks, np ;-)

Did any of the mods get updated recently, and perhaps have issues?

Otherwise perhaps there's something fishy about the detected game editions; http://six.dev-heaven.net/Six_Updater+FAQ#Paths (Game, mods, pack etc)

If still issues, please create a ticket with full details, error messages, log files (SU, and game's RPT file), details at: http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

---------- Post added at 22:08 ---------- Previous post was at 21:36 ----------

Actually found some info, but failed to achieve starting the app through the MSI setup after minor upgrade; https://dev-heaven.net/issues/28031

However, good news, I found another way and have implemented it for next update :-)

---------- Post added at 22:44 ---------- Previous post was at 22:08 ----------

And in the meantime also added taskbar-icon during startup/initialization!

and Prepared progress-bar and status-text as well: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/28732

vpc4l5.png

Edited by Sickboy

Ok, yeah, when you start it and it's in the "splash screen only" phase you cannot start other copies. No matter how many times I spammed it, nothing duplicated or anything. Didn't seem to take much more RAM and didn't seem to take any longer to start up, so ignore me. :)

Can anyone help with how to install six updater without getting a message about having a later version already installed?

I had to remove my old install(also cleared the registry) but the new install keeps failing. I have tryed both the 2.8 and the 2.9 pre release but i just keep getting messages about a newer version already being installed.

I would be happy if someone could help solve this:)

Can anyone help with how to install six updater without getting a message about having a later version already installed?

I had to remove my old install(also cleared the registry) but the new install keeps failing. I have tryed both the 2.8 and the 2.9 pre release but i just keep getting messages about a newer version already being installed.

I would be happy if someone could help solve this:)

You could try running

su-setup.exe /vREINSTALL=ALL /vREINSTALLMODE=vomus /v/qr

I have a bit of an issue after a reinstall of my system, reinstalled all ArmA 2 titles and updated to 1.60 when i go to update some of the add-ons are disabled and wont download :S this is a prob a simple fix but i don't no how to fix it.

th_c787a625.jpg

WARNING: TS3 Overlay plugin DOES clonflict with SIX Updater causing all areas to black out when the mouse hovers over them. To fix the problem disable TS3 Overlay then restart SIX (screenshot as proof below along with my original post):

Sorce: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?131365-SIX-Updater-problem&p=2108412#post2108412

prob-1.jpg

@kylania; Improved splash-screen incl taskbar-icon included. As well as startup SU after minor upgrades.

I noticed this tonight, works great! Thanks for that.

;2108508']WARNING: TS3 Overlay plugin DOES clonflict with SIX Updater causing all areas to black out when the mouse hovers over them. To fix the problem disable TS3 Overlay then restart SIX (screenshot as proof below along with my original post):
Thanks for sharing' date=' here's some background on it I believe: [url']http://ts3overlay.r-dev.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=855&p=2296[/url]

---------- Post added at 10:40 ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 ----------

I noticed this tonight, works great! Thanks for that.

Sure mate NP :-)

Just recently having issues with Six. Tried running today and it stopped responding immediately. This happened multiple times even after updating to the latest version and uninstalling reinstalling etc. Any ideas?

The only changes I've made since my last update was installing Stalker:COP where it did some weird shit with my Net. Framework. But I can't think of anything else.

Just recently having issues with Six. Tried running today and it stopped responding immediately. This happened multiple times even after updating to the latest version and uninstalling reinstalling etc. Any ideas?

The only changes I've made since my last update was installing Stalker:COP where it did some weird shit with my Net. Framework. But I can't think of anything else.

I suppose you could try reinstalling the .NET framework 4.0

Otherwise please create a ticket with your logfiles http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

ASR_AI was updated on the SU-network today. However I had to delete asr content from the userconfig folder to get the game to start up (Else it would give a error). Is this expected SU-behavior?

ASR_AI was updated on the SU-network today. However I had to delete asr content from the userconfig folder to get the game to start up (Else it would give a error). Is this expected SU-behavior?

Yes, userconfigs are never overwritten, the user can manually handle upgrades, or run the "Process Userconfigs" action, which will restore the userconfig files from the modfolder.

I noticed yesterday that when my SSD ran out of space SU keps crashing all the time while trying to update I44 to v2.6 and it took me a minute to find out that that was the cause of it. My bad but maybe an unwanted side effect?

I noticed yesterday that when my SSD ran out of space SU keps crashing all the time and it took me a minute to find out that that was the cause of it. My bad but maybe an unwanted side effect?
SU shows and warns about low disk-space, but takes no action by itself.

If the updater crashes, please report it on the Issue Tracker with details / log files etc: http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

Does the latest pre 2.9.5019 do anything different with the display/display drivers? I'm using nvidia drivers from october, which have a problem with (pretty much only) Firefox when it runs in hardware acceleration mode, because the GPU is constantly powered up and down and Windows thinks the driver has crashed, and reboots it. It seems that the latest version of Six Updater somehow does a similar thing with hardware acceleration, and within moments of auto-updating it crashed my drivers (a problem I hadn't seen since it was only related to Firefox).

Is there a way I can roll back to the latest stable?

Any information about this, and if anyone has experienced similar, would be great. I've only just started using Six Updater again in the past few weeks but hadn't had any crashes with it.

Six Updater is WPF-based and utilizes the GPU/DirectX to render, this has been the case since the initial SU v2.0 release, over a year ago.

If you are experiencing driver crashes, there's something wrong with your driver, videocard or system, I recommend fixing the actual issue instead.

I reckon these issues can also occur if you are using 'special GPU utilities', like Radeon Pro, GPU Meter Gadget, older TS3 overlay plugins etc, probably also Overclocking etc.

Why not upgrade beyond the October edition? They're almost half a year old?

Is there a commandline trigger the I can use to disable all kinds of dialogs in SU?

I use a web based control panel to update my server, and it runs SU with a path to the .exe + the needed commandline. Somtimes the update stops because SU has a "question" for the user, but there is now way to answer when SU is remotely triggered; I just se the dialog standing there in the update log of the web based control panel.

Something like a -nodialogs f ex. ? or -justupdategoddamnit ;)

Which dialogs do you get? You can Disable various dialogs by going to Options, and either Ticking (checked), or Unticking (unchecked) options like AutoStartApps, AutoConvert, etc. As in Indetermined state (greyish-checkedish), these options mean: Ask the user.

Does SixUpdater copy every file twice? I'm seeing all of my addons and stuff in their regular folders, but everything seems to duplicated in .rsync folders. Why is this?