Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Six Updater: Install/Update mods, missions. Delta patching. Server browser, and more!

Glad to hear ;-) Enjoy! And you know where to find me if anything else comes up :P

Sickboy,

I have Six Updater installed on my PC and about a dozen large mods installed via it.

I want to install it on a new PC I'm building for my brother. Is there an easy way to set it up on the new machine so that I do not have to re-download all the mods?

IE Can I just copy the mod folders and the pac files across or something?

Thanks

Scott

Hi Sickboy, i sent you a small donation via Paypal. It's only 6 Euros, but enough to buy a few beers or a very small car! Thanks for Six Updater mate.

Jon ;)

Sickboy,

I have Six Updater installed on my PC and about a dozen large mods installed via it.

I want to install it on a new PC I'm building for my brother. Is there an easy way to set it up on the new machine so that I do not have to re-download all the mods?

IE Can I just copy the mod folders and the pac files across or something?

Thanks

Scott

Sure, just copy over the modfolders, pack folder if you have it set elsewhere, and backup and restore the SU settings if you want to keep them:

http://six.dev-heaven.net/Six_Updater+Documentation#Configuration%20database%20/%20log%20files

---------- Post added at 12:29 ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 ----------

Hi Sickboy, i sent you a small donation via Paypal. It's only 6 Euros, but enough to buy a few beers or a very small car! Thanks for Six Updater mate.

Jon ;)

Wow hey mate, much appreciated! I will make good use of it! :cc:

hi SickBoy,

i was wondering if meatball0311's "F/A-18 Super Hornet" (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?122675-F-A-18-Super-Hornet) could be a part of your great SU?

best regards...

Hi, it already is; http://stats.six-updater.net/mods/show/a3029582-c40f-11e0-92ef-001517bd964c?_method=get

You can find search options over at http://stats.six-updater.net/mods and from within the Six Updater desktop client.

Edited by Sickboy

@Sickboy

I have noticed a nice decrease in load time for Sixupdater, once it loads it runs very smooth and fast. These past few patches have been excellent. I will say Sixupdater ,to me, is a must have for ARMA2. It makes downloading, managing mods so easy. Thanks again for all the work you have put into this. (BIS really should consider this or something like this for ARMA3)

Nomadd

NP and thank you for the nice comments, stay tuned for more SU improvements ;-)

For some reason if you duplicate a profile and edit the new profile also the old profile is edited making the new profile obselete and the old profile mutilated. Is this a problem i can solve myself?

Also im looking for an easy way to find out what mods are on SU

New SU update up; v2.9.5pre9 with the latest fixes.

Also the versions before v2.9.5 will now also update through auto-update to this release.

Hi Sickboy, the new performance improvements are really great. But could you please disable the -showScriptErrors option by default or at least explain how default options could be disabled?

It is really annoying because at least half of the maps seem to have script errors. So it is a great option for map developers and they should use it much more often but it is annoying during regular gaming sessions.

I'm trying to set custom paths (modpath in particular) for my server mods. However, they don't seem to stick so all mods end up in the default and wrong location.

Any tips?

Using 2.9.5pre

Hi Sickboy, the new performance improvements are really great. But could you please disable the -showScriptErrors option by default or at least explain how default options could be disabled?

It is really annoying because at least half of the maps seem to have script errors. So it is a great option for map developers and they should use it much more often but it is annoying during regular gaming sessions.

Thanks will look into it :)

I'm trying to set custom paths (modpath in particular) for my server mods. However, they don't seem to stick so all mods end up in the default and wrong location.

Any tips?

Using 2.9.5pre

Are you referring at Mods from the official network or from CustomRepositories?

ServerModsPath is only used for Mods that are downloaded from CustomRepositories http://www.six-updater.net/p/communities.html, not Mods from the official network, required by servers.

Duplicating official network mods in separate folders for SinglePlayer/MultiPlayer, or even per server, seems to server little purpose.

In any case, if a server with CustomRepository mods defines it's own ServerModsPath in the customrepo configuration, then the client's global ServerModsPath is overriden by it.

However the user can still force a path by setting the ServerModsPath directly on the server record in the Server Browser. ServerModsPath field, available when you scroll to the far right.

Referring to official mods. The problem is solved (usually happens when i post about it!). I made changes in the "wrong" game profiles place; in the top one, not the one available in the main window. If that is understandable.

Seems like the only way to make a new profile "stick" is to right click in the main window when "Game Profiles" lower tab is open? A little hard to explain with all the duplicate GUI stuff :)

And thanks for the very swift reply, SB!

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

NEW QUESTION:

I'm looking for a fully automated server fed by SU. I can make the update run automatically, but it stops as long as the server.exe is running.

Anyway to force SU to take down the server before update?

My server control panel will start it up again. Or at least thats my plan.

New problem after trying to set up a custom repo:

Selected host: http://xxxx.199:8080/@TF86

19:57:58: Processing .repository.yml

19:57:58: RuntimeError (RuntimeError) zSync error 3 while processing fetch_file: -i ".repository.yml" -o ".repository.yml" "http://xxxx.199:8080/@TF86/.repository.yml.zsync". See log for details.

If you believe this is a program error, please report the issue to SU Support incl details and logfiles.

Is this because my web server is not zsync compatible?

Im using this one:

http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/features.html

I'm looking for a fully automated server fed by SU. I can make the update run automatically, but it stops as long as the server.exe is running.

Anyway to force SU to take down the server before update?

My server control panel will start it up again. Or at least thats my plan.

SU can both stop and start the server, either from the UI, e.g confirmation dialog when running instances detected, or you could e.g use as startup paramter --execute=kill,install,startgame

New problem after trying to set up a custom repo:

Is this because my web server is not zsync compatible?

Im using this one:

http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/features.html

No experience with said webserver, but with the full url I could do some tests.

Perhaps come check out the groupchat, so we can communicate more directly http://six.dev-heaven.net/Six_Updater+GroupChat

Hi guys,

I've added one of the mods as optional (@blastcore_visuals) on the server, but somehow six updater wants to download this mod every time I install/update mods on the server. I only need the server keys.

Is there a way of doing this?

Hi guys,

I've added one of the mods as optional (@blastcore_visuals) on the server, but somehow six updater wants to download this mod every time I install/update mods on the server. I only need the server keys.

Is there a way of doing this?

That is what is supposed to be happening. When su detects you run a server, and have optional mods, it should add those mods as Special to your preset, with "incl" field set to *.bikey and thus only download bikeys.

Hover over the mod in the preset tree on the left to review status.

Did you try to run install/update? Did it not download just the bikey?

---------- Post added at 10:27 ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 ----------

Confirmed still working for me:

spyejp_thumb.png

@ACEX_SM and @JSRS are optional mods.

Hi Sickboy,

I took some screenshots.

I've added @JSRS to the optional mods as well, because it was also requested by one of our members. This one shows up in purple. While the blastcore_visuals shows up in blue, which is also in the optional mods list.

Before adding @JSRS

screenshot1.jpg

After adding @JSRS

screenshot2.jpg

All looks perfectly fine. Run install/update, and you shall find the modfolder is NOT included in the startup line, while the bikey is the only file downloaded, and if Process Bikeys action is used, properly installed to ArmA 2\keys.

Ah but BlastCore_Visuals, try removing it from the preset in the treeview on the left, I think you might have added it manually to the preset, which takes precedence.

Also make sure blastcore_visuals is not included in the required mods list.

Edited by Sickboy

many thanks sickboy, that was the problem!

Didn't know I added it to the preset manually.

NP, glad you got it sorted!

Enjoy :cool:

Sickboy, I recently set up Six Updater on two friends PC's. One is fine but the other only has Arma2 and Reinforcements on it so it doesn't have an arma2oa.exe it has arma2rft.exe.

Is there any way to get Updater to launch it, I had a look around but couldn't see anything.

Thanks

Scott

Sickboy, I recently set up Six Updater on two friends PC's. One is fine but the other only has Arma2 and Reinforcements on it so it doesn't have an arma2oa.exe it has arma2rft.exe.

Is there any way to get Updater to launch it, I had a look around but couldn't see anything.

Thanks

Scott

Sure, go to the Game Profile ribbon-tab up top.

On the far right is Paths, expand it, at the exe field enter: arma2rft.exe

That was quick! Thanks a lot. I hunted around in the options page but didn't hink of looking in the tab at the top.

Scott