Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Six Updater: Install/Update mods, missions. Delta patching. Server browser, and more!

The ca is afaik automatically included already (in fact, it is the original A2) and should have no meaning if included in the -mod= line as there is no physical folder with the same name., besides ca should probably be loaded before expansion anyhow, not after.

I will look into why there would be a difference re logo etc, to make sure.

However if the <long path to arma2> is not the first entry in the -mod= line, but some mods come before it, then that is at least a bug. Will double check.

The profiles behave the same because you probably have proper registry entries for both games.

Arma 2 (any) will take the latest arma game and most complete edition, that it can find, which incase of A2+OA is CO.

---------- Post added at 18:30 ---------- Previous post was at 18:20 ----------

Hmm for me the <long path to arma2> is the first in the -mod= line:

Without Beta;

C:\Games\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe -noSplash -noFilePatching -showScriptErrors "-name=Sickboy" "-mod=C:\Games\arma2;expansion;@CBA;@ACE;@CBA_DISABLE_CACHE;@ACEX;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_RU"

With Beta;

C:\Games\ArmA 2\expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe -noSplash -noFilePatching -showScriptErrors "-name=Sickboy" "-mod=C:\Games\arma2;expansion;expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion;@CBA;@ACE;@CBA_DISABLE_CACHE;@ACEX;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_RU"

Also I seem to be getting both the arma2 and arma2 oa logos on the main menu, with/without mods, with/without beta.

Edited by Sickboy

Hi,

You are right about the mod list having the mods appended to it. I'm sorry about the confusion there. I just wanted to show that somehow the 'ca' mod was not found in the mod list. Earlier I had noticed that the steam included _runA2CO.bat had it.

I also just tried again and found that by adding and removing the 'ca' mod to the mod list right after 'expansion', I could force the two logos or 1 logo to appear in the main menu. All other functionality appears to be the same as I can see the campaign missions from both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA. I am just curious if there are any other differences.

FYI, I generated this windows shortcut by selecting the "A2 Any - Vanilla" preset (which was empty in my case), followed by right-clicking to generate a desktop shortcut. The resulting shortcut had the following command target in my case:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe" -nosplash "-name=admin" "-mod=c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;expansion"

Hope this helps. Or maybe it's just something interesting to note...

Edited by cheese528
oops, the ca at the end of the code line was added by me. It wasn't there when generated automatically.

Hi,

You are right about the mod list having the mods appended to it. I'm sorry about the confusion there. I just wanted to show that somehow the 'ca' mod was not found in the mod list. Earlier I had noticed that the steam included _runA2CO.bat had it.

I also just tried again and found that by adding and removing the 'ca' mod to the mod list right after 'expansion', I could force the two logos or 1 logo to appear in the main menu. All other functionality appears to be the same as I can see the campaign missions from both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA. I am just curious if there are any other differences.

FYI, I generated this windows shortcut by selecting the "A2 Any - Vanilla" preset (which was empty in my case), followed by right-clicking to generate a desktop shortcut. The resulting shortcut had the following command target in my case:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe" -nosplash "-name=admin" "-mod=c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;expansion"

Hope this helps. Or maybe it's just something interesting to note...

Pretty strange that you have different behavior based on 'ca' in or not in the mod line.

Please create a ticket and attach your rpt file after launching without ca, and then again after launching with ca, perhaps we find something useful.

---------- Post added at 13:44 ---------- Previous post was at 13:43 ----------

how can i have more mods on your tool miss som SLA and more opfor
Download the mod somewhere, unpack to modfolder in your game folder, and find the mod in the "Local Mods" section of the Mods tab.

Whenever I use six updater for a mod that has a userconfig folder, it creates two folders in userconfig, for example I have a userconfig folder called "ace" and another called "ace_1312292651". which one is used?

The numbered folder is a backup. It only creates this folder if the userconfig\MOD folder exists when you download a NEW modfolder (not UPDATE), or when you include the "Process Userconfig" action.

Cool thanks very much for your response and for you're huge contribution to the community

One of my unit mates is having issues launching via six. It goes through the steps of launching, but ArmA never starts. He's using the latest six.

error.png

This is the window he gets.

In the detach log:

13:39:23: Didn't copy to existing equal or newer C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/arma 2 operation arrowhead/expansion/beta/dsound.dll

13:39:23: Didn't copy to existing equal or newer C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client/plugins/acre_win32.dll

13:39:23: Didn't copy to existing equal or newer C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client/plugins/acre_win64.dll

This is all the info we've gotten so far on it. I'll ask him additional questions if you need.

He needs to disable the Server checkbox up top. If not there, then in his Game profile

help!!!!

i updated my game to 1.60 and when i launch the game through the updater i get a extended_eventhandler file not found HEEEEEELP!!!! :(

Got issue I cant really explain and that is taking my friend helluva time.

Friend is using Six Updater for the first time and trying to download ACE from it. However, when he tries to either convert it or of course install, he gets an error that there is GUID Mismatch and then all possible servers cannot be connected with the message in bottom window:

Failed from host rsync://rsync.arma2uk.com/rel/ace/.pack, did not match expected version or GUID (Found 63311318-8e84-11e0-b61e-00248c385045@522)

Selected host: rsync://213.245.0.237/rel/ace/.pack

And it goes on with dozens of other server. He tried reinstalling, some configuration, but nothing works. Can you explain me this?

This is because ACE is currently releasing RC5 of v1.13, will be fine again very soon.

This is because ACE is currently releasing RC5 of v1.13, will be fine again very soon.

where can i read changes for this release? thanks

You seem to be missing official game files, please restore or fix game edition configuration/detection: common/missions_2_baf.pbo

What is this?

Dont think I ever had this file before anyway...ever.

Why does it say that now to me?

What is this?

Dont think I ever had this file before anyway...ever.

Why does it say that now to me?

It's a file introduced in patch v1.60.

Apologies for it being wrongly warned for in 1.59.

I just load SU and well I got a shock. This is new. It's has this info in the box at the bottom.

Initializing... please wait

10:46:50: Auto Synchronizing

10:48:32: You seem to be missing official game files, please restore or fix game edition configuration/detection: common/missions_2_baf.pbo

10:48:34: Initialization Complete

Any one have any idea why this is happening now. It didn't do this yesterday.