Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Six Updater: Install/Update mods, missions. Delta patching. Server browser, and more!

Please make sure the software is up2date and if still experiencing the issue, create a ticket with the log files, so we can see what's up.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26455

error similar to this, been fixed, thanks.

After autoupdate to 2.8 the program no longer starts for me :(

In processes it grows to 9000k then shuts down... no error message.

Great tool by the way!

Edited by Lerxster

Issue resolved by uninstalling and SU folders in C:\users\{username}\appdata\roaming\ deleted (3 folders), then reinstalled.

Edited by Lerxster

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26455

error similar to this, been fixed, thanks.

realized why it was fixed. i deleted the \.pack\ folders to save space, and when i copied the .repository.yml file back, it redownloaded all the \.pack\ folder contents! haha. delete time again i guess... :p

Is there an option to have the Six Updater .rsync directories outside of the Arma2/Addon folders themselves? What I'd like to do is have them in a directory on their own so that I can easily add them to an ignore list for backups. I have no reason to backup the .rsync directories. I don't mind backing up the addon directories however in case I ever want to restore to a particular point in time.

STILL trying to set up six updater for my server...getting this error

Please confirm: FTP error 1 while processing ftp_push: -c 'open -e "put -O / ""/cygdrive/C/packaging/myrepo/config.yml""" "ftp://username:password@75.102.38.114"'

03:04:21: Opening: C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/Local Settings/Application Data/arma 2 oa/arma2oa.rpt

03:04:21: System::ComponentModel::Win32Exception (System::ComponentModel::Win32Exception) No application is associated with the specified file for this operation. See log for details.

If you believe this is a program error, please report the issue to SU Support incl details and logfiles.

I have made a repo folder C:packaging\myrepo load the mods froma preset and "push"

03:04:21: Opening: C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/Local Settings/Application Data/arma 2 oa/arma2oa.rpt

03:04:21: System::ComponentModel::Win32Exception (System::ComponentModel::Win32Exception) No application is associated with the specified file for this operation. See log for details.

If you believe this is a program error, please report the issue to SU Support incl details and logfiles.

Is unrelated.

Check out the FAQ on FTP uploads failing; http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+FAQ#FTP%20uploads%20fail

As workaround you can also put another local folder, in the remote field. E.g C:\six-remote

Push to it, and then manually upload the contents of C:\six-remote.

If still issues, please create a ticket with the full log file. http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html and join us at http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+GroupChat

Unrelated how..I went to the ftp uploads fail page and firewall is off..it tells me to try this

Inside Six Updater\tools\home create a folder named after your Windows Username, e.g User1, inside it create the file: .lftprc

With the following content

•To disable Pasv mode: set ftp:passive-mode off

•To disable SSL: set ftp:ssl-allow false

•To enable SSL: ◦set ftp:ssl-allow true

â—¦set ftp:ssl-force true

â—¦set ftp:ssl-protect-data true

â—¦set ftp:ssl-protect-list true

•To enable Debug Logging: debug -o debug.log

the debug.log will appear inside "Six Updater" folder.

It doesnt tell me what kind of file it should be..notepad? do I just copy and paste the above?

Their really should be a plain and simple to follow set of procedures for this for those of us who arent "Super Techs" in the computer world.

I dont even know where the log file is that I should submit.

JC

Unrelated how? Simply the log messages I quoted from your post have nothing to do with FTP uploads, but with trying to open the game's RPT log file.

Where to find the SU logs? The Support page tells you where to find information on the log files, no technical skills needed, just reading.

And yes it does tell you what file:

Inside Six Updater\tools\home create a folder named after your Windows Username, e.g User1, inside it create the file: .lftprc

.lftprc, so no that's not a .txt file, it's a file named .lftprc.

Sorry but some technical knowledge is required to administer an SU repo (especially if it doesn't work out of the box, for whatever technical reason),

just like running a game server. If you need help you can ask in the GroupChat as written.

Edited by Sickboy

Unrelated how? Simply the log messages I quoted from your post have nothing to do with FTP uploads, but with trying to open the game's RPT log file.

Where to find the SU logs? The Support page tells you where to find information on the log files, no technical skills needed, just reading.

And yes it does tell you what file:

.lftprc, so no that's not a .txt file, it's a file named .lftprc.

Sorry but some technical knowledge is required to administer an SU repo (especially if it doesn't work out of the box, for whatever technical reason),

just like running a game server. If you need help you can ask in the GroupChat as written.

Thanks for the reply..I ended up having some weird issues ingame so have decided to do acomplete fresh install of everything ARMA related including the games themselves and re-installing six-updater...will be sure I look for log files if I have any other issues...been having too many odd issues so a fresh install will hopefully help.

JC

Getting a new PC soon, what SixUpdater Files would I need to transfer over so that my presets will transfer over?

Question: is there any more comprehensive documentation on using the URL handler feature? I can see some examples in the doc you linked to, but I'd like to know, for example, if it's possible to set up such a link so that mods are automatically downloaded/updated and the server is automatically joined. :)

I looked around for a while, but couldn't find anything of the sort.

Question: is there any more comprehensive documentation on using the URL handler feature? I can see some examples in the doc you linked to, but I'd like to know, for example, if it's possible to set up such a link so that mods are automatically downloaded/updated and the server is automatically joined. :)

I looked around for a while, but couldn't find anything of the sort.

You can do so two ways:

1. Basic: Setup your server with -mod= modfolders that are available on the official network. Share to your users a link with:

sixupdater://server=ip:port

when clicked, the server will be selected, preset will contain mods active on the server, user can then run e.g; Install or Update and Join Server. SU asks for server password if required.

2. Advanced: By hosting a repo: http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+CustomRepos_Setup

This allows much more flexible configuration, even incl TS3/Mumble server joining etc. You dont even need to host mods yourself. Configuration file example http://www.pastie.org/2887585 (you can also find more at the CustomRepos_Setup link).

You can share to your users

sixupdater://hostname/path/to/server.yml

when clicked, preset will be created (or selected if already exist) with that server, and the custom configuration will be applied. Users can then run e.g Install or Update and Join Server, and even create desktop shortcut which does this automatically, change options, and even start, process, and then shutdown the updater when completed.

For some practical examples, try out a few listed at: http://www.six-updater.net/p/communities.html

Optionally you could put the .yml url in the server name, so that people finding your server through the SU Server Browser, also auto detect the CustomRepo configuration.

In either cases, if Jayarma2lib/ACRE is involved, dlls can be automatically installed to the correct game execution folder (standard or beta), and TS3 plugins folder.

Note: For obvious security concerns there is no automatic updating/installing etc just by clicking a sixupdater:// url, so this is intentional :)

But you could create a very simple install script that your users can download which would start:

Six Updater GUI.exe sixupdater://host/path/to/server.yml --execute=install,join --shutdown
Edited by Sickboy

Note: For obvious security concerns there is no automatic updating/installing etc just by clicking a sixupdater:// url, so this is intentional :)

I assumed as much. :)

On the one hand, having a "Join our server now!" button on a website, which simply does all the installing/updating and launches the game automatically would be extremely handy, but on the other hand also (unfortunately) a security risk, as you said.

I guess I'll have to talk my friend through the basics of using Six Updater, but at least I should be able to take most of the work off their hands. Thanks for the help. ;)

EDIT: Have you considered adding such an "auto-install/update+autojoin server" feature, but making sure Six Updater pops up a warning message? Something like

"WARNING: A2UberSquad.com is trying to update your mods and launch Arma2 through Six Updater! Allow?

YES/NO

[ ] Remember my choice for this site!"

I think this would be handy. :D

Edited by MadDogX

Will think about it, in the meantime please check my revised post on recommended method to workaround it for the time being.

On the other hand, a click on an url, and then 1 click in the application isn't rocket science :P But I like your ideas too.

Ticketed @ http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26669

Edited by Sickboy

Hi Six-Updater team,

Wanted to say thanks for this brilliant utility. I recently installed the new self updating SU over my old command line one and it was really worth it. I can manage mods and profiles much easier than messing around with the target line and I spent all of last night converting my non-SU mods to SU format (which is much better BTW - some of them were really out of date).

Also, I made a small mod called All Round Defence and I've been improving the code and adding new features. Would you be interested in having it on SU? I'd like to put it on there as the versioning would really help me with updating (and distribution) plus it would make it accessible for other people interested in downloading it. Let me know if you would be interested and how I go about this. Couldn't find any info on how to do this on the SU website.

Thanx

Edited by Das Attorney

Hi Das Attorney (team ;p),

Glad to hear you are enjoying the software! Still lots of improvements planned :)

Sure, bring on your Mod!

To get a mod added or updated on the network, people usually add a request @ http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html with download details etc.

Hi,

I have Arma 2 CO (steam edition), and am trying to use Six Updater to create the correct windows shortcuts for easy launching. I found that regardless of whether if I set the profile to "Arma 2 (any)" or "Arma 2 CO (forced)", the start-up paramater for mods ends up like this:

mods="<various mods>;<long path to Arma2>;expansion"

On the other hand, I found that the original arma 2 CO batch file launches with:

mods="<long path to Arma2>;expansion;ca"

So my question is, what does the 'ca' do to the mod parameter and is it important? I noticed that the game's main menu will show Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA logo at the bottom left if 'ca' is included. Is there anything else to it? Should the "Arma 2 (any)" profile or "Arma 2 CO (forced)" include this (ca) as well?

Thanks and best regards.

Edited by cheese528
grammar, clarity