Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Six Updater: Install/Update mods, missions. Delta patching. Server browser, and more!

Already wrote that it doesnt matter that CBA_A2 and CBA_OA are in the list in SU.

They are black, they are incompatible and disabled, they are unused, they will not be activated when starting the game, they do not cause errors or other problems.

There's a ticket open on hiding these mods from view; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16701 - to stop confusion.

For updating your game help, create a thread in the OA General or Troubleshooting section.

Edited by Sickboy

I know that. I just wanted them removed from that list so when I do an update. I won't get the errors in the textbox at the bottom.

I've hidden the incompatible dependencies from the Preset Tree and Updater Status (if the mod is not required by selected server or part of the Preset) in upcoming version:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16701

http://s1111.photobucket.com/albums/h468/sickboy6th/Six%20Updater%202/Six%20Updater%2027/?action=view&current=suv27hiddenmodschangedcomms.png

Thank you for the update. That fixes one problem. Now I just have to figure out why I can't update my game to a newer patch. If any one has any ideas. PLEASE post.

I really getting behind on these patches and I need some help trying to figure out why I can't get any patches above 1.59.0.79600 and above to patch my ARMA 2 game.

I don't know why. Now I have a new problem. Some of the mods have been disabled and I can't update them any more. It reads as skip is set in the config file. So it skips updating it. So now I have no idea on what to do or how to fix this.

If they are skipped then there are no updates available for the mods, they are not disabled.

If you believe there should be updates for the mentioned mods, double check you have recently "Sync with SU Portal".

Also make sure you did not forced any disabled/skip status by checking any "Skip" or "Disabled" checkboxes on any of the Mods on the Mods Datagrid (uncheck if you did).

Hover over a Mod in the PresetTree on the left to see detailed status.

Edited by Sickboy

Then I really don't under stand then. I have a small mission sample and when I run it. It says that the mod is out of date and wants me to run a file called aceclippi.exe. So I run this and I still get the same error when I try and run the mission. I wish there was a option to attach files to these posts. It would make things easy for you to see what I see. Let me get the error and just what it says. and I'll post it here for you. You should change the word Skip to "No Updates". That I would under stand better then skip.

---------- Post added at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 AM ----------

Well now I'm not getting that error any more. So I don't know.

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

Also make sure you did not forced any disabled/skip status by checking any "Skip" or "Disabled" checkboxes on any of the Mods on the Mods Datagrid (uncheck if you did).

I check that too and it says that Allowed is the only thing that's checked.

Six Updater v2.7 RC2 Released!

http://www.six-updater.net/2011/11/six-updater-v27-wip-report-4-rc2.html

---------- Post added at 17:05 ---------- Previous post was at 16:52 ----------

v2.8 sneak preview of Server Manager (dedicated server configuration) and Repo Manager (CustomRepos) up:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/104785560298357015306/posts

how do I make one of those links that allows someone to click on it and automatically update/download my modset for my clan in Six updater?
People finding your server in the Server Browser should already have somewhat automated selection of Mods, you can also share:
sixupdater://server=ipaddress:port

and let people click that.

But for the full featured package check out; http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+CustomRepos_Setup

Edited by Sickboy

My clan doesn't have a server so I would need to do it the other way. The page describes what you have to do but to be honest I am severely confused. Whats the cheapest way of doing this?

In that case you can enter the server ip as "dynamic" and enjoy the features anyway.

Otherwise once the ingame server is up, and people sync gamespy servers list, they will find your server in the Server Browser and able to use the Server incl auto mod selection. Also can use the sixupdater://server= link format even with ingame servers.

Feel free to ask specific questions when going through the steps, also you can join the groupchat as linked in the Support section of the CustomRepos Setup wagn page.

Edited by Sickboy

Ah, I wondered why my whole world went yellow!

Good job - that must have taken a bit of organising - safer servers now!

:-D Just some Ruby love; http://www.pastie.org/2876761 (not intended for public usage :D)

That is very cool indeed - you even comment your code! I have spent my whole career in support (fixing other people's code) and people who properly comment code are Gods in my eyes!

Would it be feasible to add something in Six to convert local mods to v2 keys (on a mod by mod basis)? If it is then I'll add a request ticket.

That is very cool indeed - you even comment your code! I have spent my whole career in support (fixing other people's code) and people who properly comment code are Gods in my eyes!

Would it be feasible to add something in Six to convert local mods to v2 keys (on a mod by mod basis)? If it is then I'll add a request ticket.

Hehe, trying to comment, discipline isn't always easy ;)

Updated the pastie with latest code :)

Conversion only makes sense when done by e.g a Repo/Server Admin or Six Updater network, or the mod authors themselves.

One must have access to the biprivate key, and this key must be authorized on servers.

So everyone creating such key and adding signs based on that key is not useful; servers wont accept them ;)

---------- Post added at 11:10 ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 ----------

Oh but there's a ticket open on detecting if a mod has v2 or not, and notifying the user / server admin about it.

For Server Admins I could add some easy mechanism so that they can easily sign themselves with v2.

But no ticket needed in this case.

So everyone creating such key and adding signs based on that key is not useful; servers wont accept them ;)

Yeah - didn't think that through properly. I think I'll go back to chasing cows in TKOH.....

snip... working out this misunderstanding in private! :)

Edited by Sickboy

sixupdater://server=exampleservername.net:11111

Is this how my format is suppose to be? Our clan now has a server and when we click the link and SIX comes up it tells us that connection couldn't be reached or something like that.

so now that my mods have gone all yellow, i do an install/update on the mods, but they don't turn green! how do i make them up to date? ;)

thanks.

Please make sure the software is up2date and if still experiencing the issue, create a ticket with the log files, so we can see what's up.

---------- Post added at 08:30 ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 ----------

sixupdater://server=exampleservername.net:11111

Is this how my format is suppose to be? Our clan now has a server and when we click the link and SIX comes up it tells us that connection couldn't be reached or something like that.

Try using ip address instead of hostname, and make sure the server is actually joinable from the internet.

and 11111 should be 2302 by default unless you adjusted the port.