Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Six Updater: Install/Update mods, missions. Delta patching. Server browser, and more!

Released SU v2.7pre22 - fixes and one new feature:

Some more minor fixes here and there.

Edited by Sickboy

Hello sickboy im fairly new to arma and i have to thank you for the six updater made everything more easy BUT.

After searching your documentation ,search google , watched some 30 min youtube tutorials about six updater and anything else that i was possible to do , i still cant understand the " Profile " part

Im a steam user i have Arma 2 and Arma 2 Operation arrowhead separate ( so it like that i can launch Combined Forces from the pop up window that steam give me when starting Arma 2OA )

My registry is nice with the 2 paths pointing the right folders etc.

SO please tell me what does the autodetect profiles do ? Is there any way that the six updater detect what game version does the server runs and pick the right profile for you ?

As it is now ill have to guess and try every single profile one by one so that i can join a server.

Other than that when you have an incompatible mod with your game version it is blacked out .. ok till here but there are many servers that running many mods and depending what game profile you are using sixupdater blacks out some of them and if you change the profile some blacked out become Green and vise versa ( Totaly confused ) So how is it even possible to have all the mods Green ???? So that you can join the server

Sry for the long post but im totaly lost !

Thank you

There should be no problem joining an OA standalone server, with Combined Ops.

So there's only 2 options to consider: CO, or A2 Standalone.

A2 Standalone latest version is 1.10 so servers with that or older versions need A2 Standalone

OA latest version is 1.59, so for all 1.50-1.59 servers you need OA (/CO).

AutoDetect detects which games you have installed, has nothing to do with server.

I'll see what I can do for making the active server determine the profile etc, or filtering the Server Browser depending on the active profile.

Mods have dependencies, and some dependencies only need to be activated when running certain editions of the game.

A good example is CBA:

CO: Only @CBA

A2: @CBA and @CBA_A2

OA: @CBA and @CBA_OA

So black status doesn't necessarily mean something is wrong.

If you have suggestions, feel free to create a ticket: http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

Edited by Sickboy

OH !! Thank you very much for your fast reply !

I hope that you can make Six updater to be able to auto change the profile depending on the version ( that we can see in the server browser ) so there are not going to be fails like trying to join an OA server or CO with a Arma2 standalone profile .

This is going to work better than the filtering you said above because filtering going to produce more problems , imagine that i want to see all the server available and not have to think about what profile to choose or filter , only to pick the server that i want to join , check for the mods that the server is running , update em and load the game.

Simple and easy =)

Hi I have a problem with SixUpdater, when I use it I get the mod @cba, @acex_usnavy and @acex_ru in black (incompatible) and I can not install them. The others mods are green. Why?

P.S: I have the ArmA: CO.

Greetings;)

Hi I have a problem with SixUpdater, when I use it I get the mod @cba, @acex_usnavy and @acex_ru in black (incompatible) and I can not install them. The others mods are green. Why?

P.S: I have the ArmA: CO.

Greetings;)

You will have to fix the registry entries of the game, see http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+FAQ#Paths%20(Game,%20mods,%20pack%20etc)

and especially the Steam notes if you have Steam A2, OA or both.

In any case:

1. Create empty folder

2. Set this folder as Local Folder in RepoBuilder

3. Click Initialize Repository, also Initialize Server if you want to configure server info

4. Edit Repo Config for basic info (hosts, info url etc). Also Edit Server config if needed.

5. Put modfolders in the Local Folder, perhaps mpmissions in mpmissions subfolder if you wish

6. Enter Remote Folder

7. Click Push

Repo Config (config.yml) Mods and Missions sections are handled automatically, apart from supplemental information.

See for example http://www.pastie.org/2497827

Thanks for reply and sorry for not using this thread. Basically I understood, it does all work only when pushing and I expected some GUI interaction before pushing.

NP mate ;)

Focus will soon be UI / Usability / User Experience, improved RepoBuilder is one of many things on the list :)

Any hint on how to use sftp correctly? I've configured private/public key - tested, no problems. I enter: sftp://user@domain:/path, but lftp.exe process is hanging and log stops on: "Pushing @mod to sftp://user@domain:/path" - that's it...

I've even tried writing protocol as "ssh+ftp" or "ftp+ssh", but it tries to connect over rsync.

Checked these? http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+CustomRepos_Setup+openSSH

and: http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+FAQ#FTP%20uploads%20fail

enabling the debug should be rather helpful. Most useful output I think if you'd run SixZsync.exe --push_repo from console (see docu for params).

I have no experience with sftp, perhaps I got it wrongly implemented and you must leave out the ':'

Sorry for the hassle involved with this. If you can get rSync over ssh it would be much preferred, also due to differential updates (delta patching).

Edited by Sickboy

Checked in the first place - everything fine.

and: http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+FAQ#FTP%20uploads%20fail

enabling the debug should be rather helpful. Most useful output I think if you'd run SixZsync.exe --push_repo from console (see docu for params).

Tried everything - not working. Even debug.log is empty for some reason. Running "SixZsync.exe --push_repo" gives exactly the same output as in GUI.

perhaps I got it wrongly implemented and you must leave out the ':'

Tried all possible ways I could imagine. It doesn't even start to do anything, I guess the problem is somewhere else.

If you can get rSync over ssh it would be much preferred, also due to differential updates (delta patching).

Already did, because it's a no go with sftp.

Anyways I'm grateful for you help and replies. The last thing I wonder if it is possible to somehow avoid creating separate directory with repository files, is it safe to use my root arma dir for updater (with including only specific directories via --repo_from_config) considering that I moved pack files to other place?

Anyways I'm grateful for you help and replies. The last thing I wonder if it is possible to somehow avoid creating separate directory with repository files, is it safe to use my root arma dir for updater (with including only specific directories via --repo_from_config) considering that I moved pack files to other place?
NP. And nope, currently not possible.

SU CustomRepo is designed to have Server and Repo disconnected, and the Repo is the master, while both server and clients are slaves.

See for more details; http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html#comment-332781080

---------- Post added at 16:58 ---------- Previous post was at 16:56 ----------

sFTP issue ticketed; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25612

---------- Post added at 16:58 ---------- Previous post was at 16:58 ----------

Tried everything - not working. Even debug.log is empty for some reason. Running "SixZsync.exe --push_repo" gives exactly the same output as in GUI.
After enabling the debug mode in the .lftprc file? I get a lot more output then.

After enabling the debug mode in the .lftprc file? I get a lot more output then.

Yep, "debug -o debug.log" and debug.log is empty. By the way when I execute:

"SixZsync.exe --push-repo /repo user@host:~/test"

it transfers via ssh not rsync, as I thought

Yes, that's ssh format url, you were also using ftp over ssh right, so why is that a problem?

To use the rSync protocol use the following url format;

rsync://user:password@host/module/folder

Also please use full paths, at least for Local.

Edited by Sickboy

Yes, that's ssh format url, you were also using ftp over ssh right, so why is that a problem?

Not a problem at all, even better and easier for me. I was confused because of the manual, which mentioned:

SixZsync.exe --push-repo C:/local/path/to/repo rsyncuser@rsync-hostname.net:/path/to/the/repo

without "rsync://"

Not a problem at all, even better and easier for me. I was confused because of the manual, which mentioned:

without "rsync://"

Riight :) NP, gotcha, glad things are sorted! :)

One note though - SSH is more secure but slower for file transfers.

Added: http://stats.six-updater.net/mods/show/81ab3c66-fafd-11e0-a1bf-001517bd964c?_=&_method=get

---------- Post added at 12:28 ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 ----------

Six Updater 3.0 - Basic Mode - Prototype

Quick preview on the Basic GUI I am working on for Six Updater 3.0:

http://s1111.photobucket.com/albums/h468/sickboy6th/Six%20Updater%203/

The idea is that this becomes the default mode, for mainstream users.

The current "Advanced GUI" will be further improved as well, and perhaps a Compact mode will be added for it too.

3.0 is still some months away.

I am still having issues using this for my server I rent..its a remote server but i have ftp access and server access..I went through and read everything and set the server up in six updater..I get this error when trying to push the repo to the server..I dont know hwere the log files are I am supposed to post but I copied this from the bottom window if its any help...

Initializing... please wait

01:56:52: Auto Synchronizing

01:57:13: Synchronized 291 records with SU Portal!

01:57:19: Fetching latest server info for Nite Owl Gamers

01:57:24: Found custom addons in official game addons folders, please remove (if really custom addon): expansion/addons/Extended_Eventhandlers.pbo

01:57:24: Free space: 122.96 GB on c:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/arma 2 operation arrowhead

01:57:24: Missing (or disabled) mods: @fallujah1_2

01:57:24: Initialization Complete

02:00:27: Fetching latest server info for Nite Owl Gamers

02:00:33: Opening: C:\packaging\myrepo/config.yml

02:00:33: System::ComponentModel::Win32Exception No application is associated with the specified file for this operation . See log for details. Please report the issue to SU Support (incl your logfiles).

02:01:21: Please confirm: Are you sure you want to push custom repository to remote?

02:01:26: Local Folder: C:\packaging\myrepo

02:01:26: Remote Folder: ["username:password@ftp//75.102.38.114"]

02:01:26: Committing repo

02:01:26: Processing Missions

02:01:26: Processing MPMissions

02:01:26: Processing Servers

02:01:26: Creating zSync file for config.yml

02:01:26: Creating zSync file for NiteOwlGamers.yml

02:01:26: Commit completed

02:01:26: Pushing repo to username:password@ftp//75.102.38.114

02:01:26: Pushing Configs to username:password@ftp//75.102.38.114

02:01:26: Pushing config.yml

rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]

rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at /home/lapo/package/rsync-3.0.9-1/src/rsync-3.0.9/io.c(605) [sender=3.0.9]

02:01:29: RuntimeError rSync error 255 while processing rsync_push: --times -O --no-whole-file -r --delete --partial --progress -h --timeout=30 "/cygdrive/C/packaging/myrepo/config.yml" "username:password@ftp//75.102.38.114" . See log for details. Please report the issue to SU Support (incl your logfiles).

02:03:34: Opening: C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/Local Settings/Application Data/arma 2 oa/arma2oa.rpt

02:03:34: System::ComponentModel::Win32Exception No application is associated with the specified file for this operation . See log for details. Please report the issue to SU Support (incl your logfiles).

02:04:29: Opening: C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/Application Data/six-updater/logs/six-updater-gui.log

02:05:25: Doesn't exist: C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/Application Data/six-updater/logs/six-updater.log

02:05:59: Opening: C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/Local Settings/Application Data/arma 2 oa/arma2oa.rpt

02:05:59: System::ComponentModel::Win32Exception No application is associated with the specified file for this operation . See log for details. Please report the issue to SU Support (incl your logfiles).

I'd really like to use six updater to manage my server so everything is in one place..but really struggling with getting this to work..any help would be great..thanks

JC

EDIT: sorry about the little face in the lines just edited out my username and password for the ftp server and that showed up.

Use proper url:

ftp://username:password@75.102.38.114

Oh for christ sake....:o

Thanks will try that tomorrow when I get home...

Fixed Support for Take on Helicopters.

Server browser not available yet for Take on..

Issues with the Six Updater Legacy Suite and Six Updater v2.7pre22 and older, have been solved server side, for details see; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25960

Also released v2.7pre26 now also with Take On Helicopters Server Browser support!