Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Six Updater: Install/Update mods, missions. Delta patching. Server browser, and more!

Well, there was an update to the six updater and low and behold, it now saves my mod priorities!

Thanks for the prompt support sickboy!

And for answering all our many questions.

Thanks for the prompt support sickboy!

And for answering all our many questions.

Sure mate, anytime!

New Six Updater 2.7pre build will be available tomorrow with more performance improvements, bunch of bugs squashed, small GUI enhancements, etc ;)

Hi Sickboy.

I just wanted to let you know that I plan on and would like to get A2WarMod and COWarMod on SU.

Currently im in the process of setting up skype so i can chat with you like you had mentioned before in pm.

One question,

i thought I had read it somewhere on the thread, but SU can have missions on it to correct, and

if i were to put some on there and lets say I had updated the missions then the latest version of those/ a mission built would be available just like a mod?

I have one question. We're renting game server, and already have ACE set up on it by the owner (not sure which method they used). Is there a way to use mod files that are already there as repository with Six? Could I just have config.yml and servername.yml in there configured, would that suffice?

Six Updater v2.7 WIP Report #1 - pre5

And, as always, available for your enjoyment and testing.

Thanks to rfc yet again for awesome feedback!

---------- Post added at 17:40 ---------- Previous post was at 17:35 ----------

I have one question. We're renting game server, and already have ACE set up on it by the owner (not sure which method they used). Is there a way to use mod files that are already there as repository with Six? Could I just have config.yml and servername.yml in there configured, would that suffice?
No but you can download those files, and setup a CustomRepos with them as per usual http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+CustomRepos_Setup

Any webspace should generally do.

If you have ftp access to the server, you can also move over to the official network ACE version, as you can upload the changes with SU to your server.

Then a config and server.yml will suffice (for additional control),

or if the fine grained control (optional mods, teamspeak server info etc) isn't required, users selecting your server through the Server Browser or

sixupdater://server=ip:port

link will automatically detect the mods the server is running and select them from the network.

Edited by Sickboy

If you have ftp access to the server, you can also move over to the official network ACE version, as you can upload the changes with SU to your server.

Then a config and server.yml will suffice (for additional control),

or if the fine grained control (optional mods, teamspeak server info etc) isn't required, users selecting your server through the Server Browser or

sixupdater://server=ip:port

link will automatically detect the mods the server is running and select them from the network.

Thx for your answer! And we really love Six, it's awesome tool.

Thx for your answer! And we really love Six, it's awesome tool.
NP and glad to hear! Share the love! :yay:

I wanted to give ACE another try, after I was annoyed of the fast unconsciousness after running with equipment as an infantry soldier. And installation now is much easier than 12 months ago. Thank you!

But how comes I am no more able to start without sixupdater? An error shows up like "missing X/.../.....hpp file".

Sounds like you've got mods active that require other mods, but didn't activate those required mods.

Either in your arma2oaprofile, oa mods registry, or commandline startup parameters.

Sounds like you've got mods active that require other mods, but didn't activate those required mods.

Either in your arma2oaprofile, oa mods registry, or commandline startup parameters.

Thanx for the answer. I don't why it works now - after a few days and some restarts ... but it works. Thank you!

Ah... I guess I'm doing something wrong here.

You see, I'm trying to push @ACRE and @JayArma2Lib through FTP, but no go so far... Maybe I'm typing in something wrong...?

This is what I used:

Local repo -> "Username/Desktop/Local"

Remote ->

ftp://name:pass@88.198.22.44:2322/

And nothing... it just gets stuck at 10% while trying to push ACRE. I tried without port:

ftp://name:pass@88.198.22.44/

But still nothing... Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Do I even need to enter port? I've added same thing into config, should I use something else there? I also changed to .7z as it says to do so in documentation.

Edited by Minoza

Please switch back to .gz unless the webserver doesnt support HTTP range requests.

If the servers in the network do not support the HTTP RANGE command required by zSync, change :archive_format: from .gz to .7z

port 2322 ?? That sounds like an arma server port... Did you actually install FTP Server software on the server?

And yes, if your FTP server doesnt listen on the standard port (21), you need to enter the port, otherwise you can leave it out.

Also see FTP uploads fail FAQ; http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+FAQ#FTP%20uploads%20fail

To be sure; The RepoBuilder tab is only for custom repositories.

Not for uploading mods to your game server, if you want to do that, you should use the Preset RibbonTab, "Remote Folder".

Local repo -> "Username/Desktop/Local"
Did you mean C:\users\Username\desktop\local ?

---------- Post added at 16:13 ---------- Previous post was at 16:00 ----------

Do me a favour and join http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+GroupChat

Edited by Sickboy

Please switch back to .gz unless the webserver doesnt support HTTP range requests.

Ok, did that.

port 2322 ?? That sounds like an arma server port... Did you actually install FTP Server software on the server?

And yes, if your FTP server doesnt listen on the standard port (21), you need to enter the port, otherwise you can leave it out.

No idea, I didn't install anything, as I said, we're only renting a server. I can access it either through FTP or their site.

Also see FTP uploads fail FAQ; http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+FAQ#FTP%20uploads%20fail

To be sure; The RepoBuilder tab is only for custom repositories.

Not for uploading mods to your game server, if you want to do that, you should use the Preset RibbonTab, "Remote Folder".

Did you mean C:\users\Username\desktop\local ?

---------- Post added at 16:13 ---------- Previous post was at 16:00 ----------

Do me a favour and join http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+GroupChat

Ok. Thank you for taking your time to help me out.

Edited by Minoza

I have installed this program a few times and the newer 2.7 does NOT work with win7..no matter what I do it always give me an error when i want to install from the "mods" list...if I revert back to 2.6 all is fine...I run 64bit version of Win7...anyone else have this issue and is their a fix for this???

Better yet..can someone give me a basic direction on where to change the command line parameter so it wont autoupdate from 2.6 (wich works) to 2.7 ( wich doesnt)

Here is what my config file looks like:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<configuration>

<configSections>

<sectionGroup name="userSettings" type="System.Configuration.UserSettingsGroup, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" >

<section name="SixUpdaterGui.Properties.Settings" type="System.Configuration.ClientSettingsSection, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" allowExeDefinition="MachineToLocalUser" requirePermission="false" />

</sectionGroup>

</configSections>

<startup><supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0,Profile=Client"/></startup><userSettings>

<SixUpdaterGui.Properties.Settings>

<setting name="UpgradeSettings" serializeAs="String">

<value>True</value>

</setting>

<setting name="RecentServers" serializeAs="String">

<value />

</setting>

<setting name="RecentComms" serializeAs="String">

<value />

</setting>

<setting name="CommsServer" serializeAs="String">

<value />

</setting>

<setting name="PlayerProfile" serializeAs="String">

<value />

</setting>

<setting name="FavoriteServers" serializeAs="String">

<value />

</setting>

<setting name="FavoriteComms" serializeAs="String">

<value />

</setting>

<setting name="RecentUrls" serializeAs="String">

<value />

</setting>

</SixUpdaterGui.Properties.Settings>

</userSettings>

</configuration>

Thanks for any help at all....pullin what hair I have left out...lol

Fogg

Edited by FOGGMONSTER

I have installed this program a few times and the newer 2.7 does NOT work with win7..no matter what I do it always give me an error when i want to install from the "mods" list...if I revert back to 2.6 all is fine...I run 64bit version of Win7...anyone else have this issue and is their a fix for this???

If I didn't oversaw it, you did not provide the error itself, did you?

Sickboy is more then willing to help, but he needs some info. Please register at http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/ and create a new issue detailing the errors you see (screenshots are great too).

Btw, I'm running on W7 Pro 64bit just fine.

Still looking forward to that bug report :)

Released v2.7pre16 yesterday with a bunch of fixes, improvements and internal refactorings in preparation of coming features and improvements.

Also included are French localization by Lonestar, and Polish by zGuba.

Proper changelog will soon follow.

Edited by Sickboy

v2.7 RC might be 1-2 weeks delayed. A new pre build might still be released coming days, but there's too many todo's left to make it an RC build.

Reason is unexpected holiday (Czech-Rep) ;)

v2.7 RC might be 1-2 weeks delayed. A new pre build might still be released coming days, but there's too many todo's left to make it an RC build.

Reason is unexpected holiday (Czech-Rep) ;)

Thank you for your dedication Sickboy and I enjoy your holiday ! :)