Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Six Updater: Install/Update mods, missions. Delta patching. Server browser, and more!

his is what six updater tells me when I start it

ERROR: None detected. Please correct the path to the game - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\arma2oa.exe

Path is wrong should be without expansion etc;

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

Also check http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+FAQ#Paths%20(Game,%20mods,%20pack%20etc)

especially steam notes.

Edited by Sickboy

Is there a way to search for a mod? Can't find any search box and CTRL-F does nothing either.

Not currently though they're sorted alphabetically and you can group (right click a column header) or sort on columns (left click a column header).

Currently only the server browser has search, planning to add search to all datagrids soon.

Searching mods is available on the stats site; http://stats.six-updater.net/mods

---------- Post added at 00:46 ---------- Previous post was at 00:43 ----------

As to the UAC requirement question in the other thread;

Yes it is required because most operations on most systems are done on protected folders, while also tools like clippi and TS need to be launched as admin in case of ACRE used.

It's been in my stomache for a while now, and im not really sure how to better handle and if investing more time into it is worth it currently.

I suppose the Sync with SU Portal has succeeded now? You mentioned a timeout - this is the cause of the Mods list empty as it times out during syncing that info.

Ok, thanks. How can I delete Game Profiles? I've now seven "New Profile"s there, because there was no immediate feedback whether it worked or not .. and can I change an existing profile? Because in the Game Profile tab I can't select any, the text field "Profile" has nothing to choose existing ones?

---------- Post added at 00:59 ---------- Previous post was at 00:51 ----------

Not currently though they're sorted alphabetically and you can group (right click a column header) or sort on columns (left click a column header).

Currently only the server browser has search, planning to add search to all datagrids soon.

Ok. It would also be nice to have the keyboard working, i.e. usually you can start typing the name of the entry and it jumps to it.

---------- Post added at 01:20 ---------- Previous post was at 00:59 ----------

Can't find Spritz Island ( http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11137 )

Try enabling advanced mode.

Keyboard search I shall look into today, I had it in the previous datagrids I was using so shouldn't be too hard.

I suppose you were asking if I could add the island to the network? I can. Mod requests should be added to the Support disqus box; http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

---------- Post added at 08:56 ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 ----------

Here you go, SpritzIsland: http://stats.six-updater.net/mods/show/3d92e924-d39e-11e0-ae5c-001517bd964c

---------- Post added at 09:18 ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 ----------

Basic search jump prepared, will probably improve later today and release tonight; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/23963

Ok, now my initial perspective changed :D

Sickboy, thank you very very much for you hard work, it's really appreciated.

I think Six Updater is a lot like Arma in general: it's a really confusing experience at first and you need to get used to it :D I wouldn't have understand it without the excellent video you made. Btw, in the video it seems you've enabled "advanced" already (or I did miss it), but I hadn't and this I was puzzled because some things didn't match.

The auto-dependency resolving feature is the awesome thing #1

The awesome thing #2 is that it's automatically out of the box "working", i.e. no need to download, create the @whatever directory, ensure everything is in the right place, etc.

The interface in general is a bit ... awkward :) ... technology-wise I find it interesting that you use IronRuby; I use ruby myself, it's refreshing to see such an advanced application using it. Like we say in Austria: "Hut ab!" :-)

I guess the longer I sit in front of it, I've a lot more suggestion. Since I'm a beginner, most of them won't make sense so .. is it OK to just post them here and later decide what should go into a report at dev heaven?

Again thanks, great work, great support too, btw.

---------- Post added at 09:41 ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 ----------

Basic search jump prepared, will probably improve later today and release tonight; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/23963

Yes, that's really a great thing; it's a bit cumbersome to go to the stats page and do the search, but it's currently really required because I hit quite a few island which didn't start with their name directly but with some prefix thus the alphabetical listing didn't help.

ehehehe thank you thank you :)

I'll be honest, GUI isn't my strongsuit though i've learned a lot through the years,

the main reason why the GUI is as it is is because I feel Features/Functionality and Bug fixes need to go before GUI.

The GUI works, yet it's not perfect. I am planning to improve it, just need to wait a short while :)

(Or help out :D)

Interesting you do Ruby :) I love Ruby, and I love using IronRuby to have access to all the awesomeness .NET has to offer, especially re GUI's.

SU is my first IronRuby project btw, and IR itself is somewhat experimental still too :)

And it's okay - feel free to discuss things here or at the Support Disqus box, and we'll direct concrete ideas to the ticket tracker :)

---------- Post added at 10:39 ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 ----------

Country determination in the server browser was broken, it seems gslist is unable to determine ping or country currently :S

Fixed country determination, scheduled for release tonight: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/23759

Edited by Sickboy

Okay you gonna love this I think... All datagrids will have besides the basic search I talked about earlier, an advanced search implementation for every column.

So you can filter on any type of data in any datagrid, if they are numbers you can do stuff like > or <, or filter on dates and ranges of dates, etc :)

Should be available tonight :)

Uhm, will be possible having all RKSL addons on Six?

Later tonight or tomorrow day time.

New SU build up for auto-self-update and on pre-release download.

Basic search-jump built into all datagrids; typing a letter will jump to the record starting with that letter.

Advanced filtering built into all datagrids; entering search keywords in the filter fields above the column headers will perform search/filtering. Use % as joker character, e.g: %warfare%

Both implementations will be further improved. E.g multi-letter search-jump.

Several bugs have been fixed (incl Country flags broken) and small tweaks made. Japanese translation included, thanks to Total22.

Full changelog, some more fixes etc planned by the end of the week, hopefully concluding v2.6 :cool:

Edited by Sickboy

Use % as joker character, e.g: %warfare%

Awe!

Nitpicking, but could we use '*' for globbing or even regex? :D Ok, I'll shut up now.

Just tested it , works fabulous!

Awe!

Nitpicking, but could we use '*' for globbing or even regex? :D Ok, I'll shut up now.

Just tested it , works fabulous!

Glad to hear :) Let's see what we can improve :)

New build up with fixes incl "Search servers with Mod", "Search servers with Mods in this Preset", and a new one "Search servers with signatures of Mod", "Search servers with Signatures from Mods in Preset".

Also fixed datagrids going empty when info is refreshed while filters are active.

Ok, here's my feedback on the filter (applies to Server Browser and Mods):

Forget about the explicit wildcards, imho it just makes things harder. Just implicitly always (!) treat any text as "%text%".

Take for example Mods, the Name: you type in "f" to find e.g. fallujah -> nothing. Your search currently always works from the start. That would mean to require entering "@f" in the Mods name ...

Or, in Server Browser Name column, find the servers containing "Chile" -> you need to enter "%Chile%" as you said. IMHO that's just cumbersome.

My advice: remove the nice text that there's a filter and just treat everything as a kind of substring match; imho that's perfect.

This won't work for someone who wants to have the freedom to search for "%foo%bar%", i.e. three wildcards, but I guess next to no one will miss that really.

---------- Post added at 22:55 ---------- Previous post was at 22:53 ----------

Filter: if you type something into a column which requires to scroll to the right (due to the sheer number of columns), and there's no result, the list is empty as expected but the horizontal scrollbar also resets to the left: you do not see the column you just entered the text anymore.

Filter: I haven't got to get the date columns filter to work in any way. I can pick any date I want but it actually does nothing (not that it seems to be important, just wanted to mention it).

Filter: if you type something into a column which requires to scroll to the right (due to the sheer number of columns), and there's no result, the list is empty as expected but the horizontal scrollbar also resets to the left: you do not see the column you just entered the text anymore.
Ty; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24044

Please put your feedback in tickets :)

---------- Post added at 23:00 ---------- Previous post was at 22:57 ----------

Filter: I haven't got to get the date columns filter to work in any way. I can pick any date I want but it actually does nothing (not that it seems to be important, just wanted to mention it).

Probably need to set the operator for the filter too:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24045

Awesome, will do!
Cheers, happy with the feedback!

Wrapping up v2.6 stable coming days, and onto v2.7 with focus on performance, memory usage and bugs.

I tried to get the project running in C# but get build errors (I'm using the express edition). I got some screenshots and logs if you could help me ... ? thx

I tried to get the project running in C# but get build errors (I'm using the express edition). I got some screenshots and logs if you could help me ... ? thx
Sure can do, but tomorrow, feel free to drop it in a support ticket and i'll look into it.

If you like you can also join the groupchat; http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+GroupChat

Edited by Sickboy

Thanks for the pointer, I'm sorry, I'm not into skype. IRC, anyone?

I'll file a ticket tonight, thanks!

IRC? This isn't the 90'ies :p (Nah I know it's still popular, I just feel there are much better alternatives these days, Skype isn't my first choice any more either, but it is popular among Arma crowd).

Tickets it is then.

Edited by Sickboy