Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Six Updater: Install/Update mods, missions. Delta patching. Server browser, and more!

Hi,

Thanks for your kind words and interest!

1. Should be no problem, currently modfolders and missions are supported already, while iirc Campaigns can be used from within modfolders too, so perhaps I should just add some popular campaigns as mod folders. Add a new category "campaigns" and voila? :)

2. SU Client runs on an SQLite db, no need for MySQL. The additional information that is available on the SU portal will soon become available inside the GUI too. http://stats.six-updater.net/mods

More info etc might get added too, but it's really time that I get some assistance by additional personnel, as im currently doing everything on my own (software development, information / mod management etc).

3. I think the SU support of WarMod will be largely up to Gunter, most required is already available, it probably is a matter of discussing the needs and how to accomplish them, and then see what's left to change. It could be beneficial for both SU and WarMod. More mirrors would be great of course (especially spread out more over US, Australia and Asia), but the network is not a bottle neck currently.

On a side note, anyone can setup a custom repository with Mods, Missions and even Server configuration as well http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+CustomRepos_Setup

Though I think increasing mods and mirrors on the official network is more beneficial to everyone.

Edited by Sickboy

Thanks for the quick answer, I couldn't stop but drool a bit thinking about the possibilities of SU when modders start to use all the potential of your tool. :) You have really thought in everything and the care for detail shines when I learn more things about SU.

In my opinion it would be a wise decision for Bohemia to hire you and integrate your mods and tools to the next version of ArmA as Egosoft company did with the X-Tended Mod Team. A couple of days I threw that suggestion in this thread... who know maybe some top brass at Bohemia reads it and start thinking about hiring some new employees :) I've not seen a similar tool in the gaming industry, what most resemble is the Wrye Bash for Oblivion. I think integrating SU into ArmA Editor and having sites like DevHeaven officially supported by Bohemia Interactive would increase the sellings of the game because it will allow the modder community to work much more collaboratively and join efforts in big projects WarMod like. It's not the same to pay for a game you're gonna end in a couple of weeks than one you'll know it'll last for years with the help of expansions and community mods. But right now crashes to desktop are pretty common if you have a number of mods activated in missions and campaigns not supporting them.

I hope in the future the ArmA mod community, with the help of your tools, work with ACE mod and a project like WarMod as the pillars from which develop their mods and add them to that big project instead releasing their mods as standalone. Ants working by themselves can achieve humble things but as a team can even create projects that surpass even the improvements that ArmA3 will have. Who knows, perhaps even players will stick to a modded ArmA2 instead of playing with a naked ArmA3 on the net, waiting for the projects to be ported to the new engine. :D

Released an early v2.6pre build, didn't intend to so quickly after v2.5 stable, yet the bug tracker was being spammed with Unhandled Exceptions caused by users who had deleted UIAutomationCore.dll from their Windows\System32 folder, 10's if not 100's of tickets :)

That situation is catched now and the user is presented with solutions and support info. http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+FAQ#Crash%20on%20startup%20Cannot%20load%20UIAutomationCore.dll

A few more fixes and enhancements are included, but the real v2.6 material will appear coming weeks.

@Mariscal

I too think there's a lot of potential, especially once more people (players, server admins and mod teams) start using and deploying it :)

Hopefully some time soon to look into WarMod and talk with Gunter.

Edited by Sickboy

Hi,

You said earlier that missions are supported in Six and I can see from the options that you can choose to include them or not. However if I tick the box to include them, I can't seem to find where they are listed. I certainly can't find where it is displaying the stuff from my missions folder. Have I misunderstood this feature?

Hi,

You said earlier that missions are supported in Six and I can see from the options that you can choose to include them or not. However if I tick the box to include them, I can't seem to find where they are listed. I certainly can't find where it is displaying the stuff from my missions folder. Have I misunderstood this feature?

Missions are currently only supported on Custom Repositories, and SU official network is hosting one such repository with the mission pack by 76:

http://www.six-updater.net/p/communities.html

I am however planning on making those missions available just like Mods are available in the client.

Ok, cool - I'll stop looking now then!

That would be a great feature to have so I will look forward to seeing it at a later date.

Hello Sickboy,

Few questions for you sir about getting setup on SU.

1. Im trying to understand how this works, now in general lets say i wanted a particular mod thats on SU,

I could download the mod will this mod setup in the Arma2 directory as if you had installed it the manual way like say

it would show up as @mod in the arma2 directory like it should?

2. How do i know the mod I downloaded is completely downloaded/updated on my computer, is there a status of

some sort that shows what version of the mod I have?

3. say A2WarMod and COWarMod on SU, all i have to do is basically drag and drop the mod to the mod list and it will upload to it?

4. WarMod is a customization compilation mod, you can remove files (mods) that one doesn't like to use, so it makes your

game totally customizable, my concern here is everyone will have their own setup of their game, not everyone will be

running the full downloaded version of the mod that I had sent in zip to Armaholic, or wherever they can get it.

When I update the mod and let say I had removed some files that were causing issues in the mod, bugs basically,

then I had updated readmes, loading screens, ect,.

Does SU get the status of a personas version of the mod and update files accordingly, I really dont see how this is going to

work when not everyone will have the same files as whats on SU for the mod in total.

I mean Im afraid that I upload the full version with updates and such and then basically all the mods and or things a player

dont play with in the mod gets put right back where it was excluding the new stuff that was removed (bugs).

How would SU basically update a mod like mine, as WarMod is has no configs except the loading screen and logs I made, all files

in the mod are all addons and mods from all the other modders in the community compiled into one mod, i can make some adjustments

via a userconfig, but in terms of the mods them selves I cannot do anything, its all down to me removing a mod, or adding one or

adding one that updates and existing one, thats really it.

======

I had read the documentation on SU but it really has not cleared up for me some of these concerns or questions,

maybe you could put my mind at ease and clear this stuff up.

Thank you for your time.

Hello Sickboy,

Few questions for you sir about getting setup on SU.

Hi Günter,

Thanks for your interest! Sure, will try to answer them :)

1. Im trying to understand how this works, now in general lets say i wanted a particular mod thats on SU,

I could download the mod will this mod setup in the Arma2 directory as if you had installed it the manual way like say

it would show up as @mod in the arma2 directory like it should?

Yes, it will download and install the mod as usual, to the game folder or mod installation folder you have setup in SU (auto detected from registry, or manually configured).

Existing modfolders can be used as source to update after conversion.

Additionally it will handle userconfigs, or e.g dll files as delivered with e.g ACRE (for ts3) and Jayarma2lib (for the game) etc.

It can also handle missions / mpmissions residing in modfolders, or on custom repositories, placing them in the proper folders.

Other than with casual downloads, the packed files will remain inside the modfolder, inside the .rsync\.pack folder, these files are used to be able to repair the modfolder or perform differential updates.

For those who have low space on their game drive, these files can be placed in any other folder on any harddrive.

2. How do i know the mod I downloaded is completely downloaded/updated on my computer, is there a status of

some sort that shows what version of the mod I have?

SU uses a filelist with checksums and revision numbers to confirm if a mod is up2date, and if all files are correct, or detect missing/added files.

The status is shown as color in the UI, and further details are available inside the tooltips when you hover over a mod or preset.

The colors are also listed here: http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+Documentation#Mod%20Status%20Colors

There's also a video which shows SU at work, statuses are also visible; http://www.six-updater.net/p/screenshots.html

3. say A2WarMod and COWarMod on SU, all i have to do is basically drag and drop the mod to the mod list and it will upload to it?
Currently I am the only one who has access to uploading mods to the official network. Anyone can setup a custom network (any number of mirrors), with mods, missions and server configuration etc.

Several hosting options are available, including limited supported for free hosts like dropbox.

Perhaps in the future I could look into an API to allow mod teams to upload their own Mods to the official network, but I can be pretty quick especially if people notify me :)

More mirrors (by generous community donators) would probably be in order for that to really work.

4. WarMod is a customization compilation mod, you can remove files (mods) that one doesn't like to use, so it makes your

game totally customizable, my concern here is everyone will have their own setup of their game, not everyone will be

running the full downloaded version of the mod that I had sent in zip to Armaholic, or wherever they can get it.

When I update the mod and let say I had removed some files that were causing issues in the mod, bugs basically,

then I had updated readmes, loading screens, ect,.

Does SU get the status of a personas version of the mod and update files accordingly, I really dont see how this is going to

work when not everyone will have the same files as whats on SU for the mod in total.

I mean Im afraid that I upload the full version with updates and such and then basically all the mods and or things a player

dont play with in the mod gets put right back where it was excluding the new stuff that was removed (bugs).

How would SU basically update a mod like mine, as WarMod is has no configs except the loading screen and logs I made, all files

in the mod are all addons and mods from all the other modders in the community compiled into one mod

There's a number of ways to approach this:

1. SU supports including and excluding files in modfolders, so if a user would want to exclude say x and y.pbo, he would enter those in the updater, and the files would be left untouched.

2. SU supports Presets and Mod Dependencies.

With presets we can setup a default layout of mods, and with dependencies we can force that if Mod X is used, all it's required mods are also loaded.

3. SU supports auto-config urls, with custom configuration options - normally used by server owners to setup the required and optional mods for a server (amongst other things).

Required mods are forced, while optional mods are marked, not loaded by default, so the user can pick them himself.

SU also supports mods in subfolders though as you say it's primarily a compilation of many great mods, perhaps they could be hosted seperately on SU (perhaps some of them already are?),

while presets, configuration files, and dependencies take care of the rest.

I think with one or perhaps a combination of the above (or other available features), we should be able to work out a fitting setup for the WARMod requirements.

If not, then perhaps we could discuss the needed functionality and I'll add it :)

i can make some adjustments via a userconfig, but in terms of the mods them selves I cannot do anything, its all down to me removing a mod, or adding one or

adding one that updates and existing one, thats really it.

Beyond userconfigs, (override) configs and pboprefixes could be used to tweak, add or remove things if needed.

Hopefully this answers most of your questions and concerns, otherwise i'll be glad to answer more.

If you like, perhaps we could meet sometime at the skype textchat; http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+GroupChat

Edited by Sickboy

Thanks for your detailed reply.

This all seems a bit much information for me atm, i'm thinking we may have to get together on your skype program, and go over this.

Maybe a suggestion if ts an idea worth looking into and if you have time, download COWarMod and take a look at what I have

setup in terms of folders, and files. I mean COWarMod being my latest version of the WarMod series is a pretty complex set,

but in a way no more complex then any other mod, it still has the basic functionality of any mod.

That being an @COWarMod with addons folder inside, as well as userconfig files along side in the main Arma2 directory when you install it.

But each addon and mod in warmod are basically all pbo and bisign files, its not setup where each individual mod has its own @mod

with addons folder inside, Im sure we all know that wouldn't work anyways, just pointing it out, but really its around 223 addons

and mods just being all the addon and mod pbos, and bisigns together in one addons folder, under the title @COWarMod.

Its a chaotic mess, but I happen to get them to work together through many tests, and pulled out the ones that cause trouble.

The mod itself is not really complete or final as in bug free, but as far as my tests have gone its stable, im basically just pointing

out the complexity of the file setup, and really wondering how that could even work on SU as its all individual files under

one addons folder, see where Im getting at?

Ref "wouldn't work" with so many seperate modfolders, i'd beg to differ, with SU it is possible to run any number of modfolders, and keep it manageable at the same time.

Personally I think that would fit quite well, especially considering some are optional etc.

Also it kind of wouldn't make sense to host a mod containing mods already hosted seperately on the network, especially with the capabilities of SU in mind.

But plenty of options, let's chat some time in more detail, perhaps try the software some more, and check the video.

Edited by Sickboy

[...] This all seems a bit much information for me atm [...]

Here's the

, in case you missed it.

If you watch it, you'll get the idea how this works, in very easy to absorb manner. ;)

Already seen the video, its cool but dont really help me.

you got to understand the workings of warmod, I mean were talking 223 addons and mods in a file format in one addon folder, you get what im saying.

Im getting this idea from Sickboy that either hes not quite understanding the setup of my mod, or Im missing what hes saying, maybe both.

At this point in a way I almost see no value in this, I personally find it easier to just download soemthing manually, and move the files myself, same for my mod.

Im very picky and particular when it comes to something Im used to, I know thats not fair to the warmod fans, but unless this gets straightened out I really dont see myself getting into this, at another level it seems like alot more work then to just pack, zip, and upload, and submit to Armaholic.

I surely understand how the warmod works, what i've been mostly saying is that with SU the mods dont have to be in a single mod folder, and i've tried to explain why, and which options are available.

Also as said I don't mind to look at adjustments/custom features that would suit the WarMod, but as pointed out, if many of the mods are already available seperately on the SU network, im afraid I cannot host them a second time on the network in another modfolder, unless they are of small file size.

Lastly, usually you just keep releasing your mod as is; pack, send to armaholic, etc. I will fetch it there, and host it on SU. Just like any other community hoster would do.

Too bad to hear you are not a fan of change, as there's quite some potential with SU for both you and the users of your Mod.

Manually downloading mods and installing them is magnitudes more complex and time taking than using SU, especially when you play several mods and on several different servers, and it gets worse if the mods update frequently.

I'd recommend trying to be flexible and grasp the full extent of SU possibilities, but it's up to you. But I am afraid if you're opposed to change, there's not much for us to discuss :)

I think we should talk privately first and get some things out of the way :)

In any case, even if you decide not to persue SU support, I am going to look into which mods WarMod uses, and see if I can deploy it on SU, the SU way :)

Edited by Sickboy

Im not opposed to change, I'm just used to a certain way of doing things and used to I mean since OFP released,

but I think my problem is I really need to see this work to really feel confident.

I think it bothers me a little that you saying there may already be some mods already hosted on SU,

which I guess I sound dumb saying but even if they were and Im sure theres a few no doubt.

But its really the combinations of mods together in one folder all tested together and seperately

that makes the mod what it is, I know you understand that, but I just want to throw that out there.

In any case, even if you decide not to persue SU support, I am going to look into which mods WarMod uses, and see if I can deploy it on SU, the SU way

Heres the list:

==================

ASC Weapon Pack

ASC Markers

ASC Core

ASR AI Addons

ASR profile face unlocker - OA

EasyFlyPlanes

INKO Disposable

GLT Missilebox

GLT_RAW

GLT OPA Backpacks 4 All

WarFX : Blastcore

BD Hellfire

BD Tracer Lights

BD MultiGunFix & BD TunguskaZeroing

Car Radio

JTD_FireAndSmoke_0_3

All Round Defence

Map Plus

Stryker MGS and MEV fixes

TGW Zeroing

TGW Fire Mode Fix

TGW Vehicle Fixes

SAM Hand Signals

gdtmod_steerable_parachute

gdtmod_mg_nest

gdtmod_m1014_flashlight

ShackTac Fireteam HUD (STHUD)

ShackTac Movement

Ballistics

Muzzevelocity

Scopes

PvPscene Tweaks

SLX

TrueMods-OA

CG animation replacement/enhancement pack

Streamlined Radio

===========================

38 Mods from A2WarMod

This is a list of mods from A2WarMod that work In OA, mods that didn't work were removed

===========================

Andy mags - Ammo Object Replacement

ASR Grenadier Fix

ASR Disable Cursor Text

Driving AI fix

BC6 Feelings

Dynamic Shouts

Fixed Range Nightvision

GDT Mod Binocular

GDT Mod Javelin

GDT Mod Plants

GDT Mod Rifle zoom

GDT Mod Satchel

GDT Mod Under-slung Grenade Launcher sights

GDT Mod Grass

GDT Mod anti tank & grenade launcher ironsights

Infantry Stealth and Recognition Skills

Mi-24 "radar" and targeting fix

Radio Discipline

TBR Grenades A2

VF Ladder

Zeus AI Combat Skills & AI Spotting modular

Dynamic Sound AI (RUG DSAI)

BD MultiGunFix (v 1.4)

Non-blinding sun mod

Night lighting effects

LandTex

JTD FireAndSmoke

AircraftHUD - MFD/IHADSS/TADS

AH64 Apache Nose Gun Modification

zGuba Gameplay Modifications (v 21.09.2009)

ShackTac Fireteam HUD (STHUD)

GDT Mod HDR

AI Dispersion for Mounted MG's

Pistolfied's Tracers

SAP clutter

Mechanized Infantry Tactics Addon

MBG Creationism

AC130 Script Addon

=======================

10 -TrueMods in COWarMod

=======================

TrueGameplay_Animation_MovementSpeed

TrueGameplay_Animation_TransitionSpeed

TrueGameplay_Animation_TurningSpeed

TrueGameplay_Animation_SwimFatigue

TrueUser_IGUI_CommandBar_TextIcons

Trueuser_igui_text_extrasmall

Trueuser_nvgs

Trueuser_skybox_bluer

x_trueuser_igui_actionmenu_noicons

x_TrueUser_IGUI_Text_HideAmmoCount

=======================

67 -SLX Files in COWarMod

=======================

SLX_Actions

SLX_AI

SLX_AI_Diff_Armor_Balance

SLX_AI_Difficulties

SLX_AI_Dodge

SLX_AI_Identify

SLX_AI_NoAutoEngage

SLX_AI_SpawnSkill

SLX_AI_Steering

SLX_AISkill

SLX_Alpha_Numbers

SLX_Alpha_Teams

SLX_Anim_AI_LowRifleMove

SLX_Anim_AT_Lying

SLX_Anim_BinocularMove

SLX_Anim_Crawl

SLX_Anim_Death

SLX_Anim_GrenadeThrow

SLX_Anim_HeadBob

SLX_Anim_HoldSprint

SLX_Anim_Jump

SLX_Anim_MoveTransitions

SLX_Anim_PistolCivil

SLX_Anim_Prone

SLX_Anim_SteepLying

SLX_Anim_TurnSpeed

SLX_Anim_WeaponTransitions

SLX_Anim

SLX_BIS_BC_Fix

SLX_BIS_XEH

SLX_CannonSmoke

SLX_CarGunner

SLX_Cartriges

SLX_Cloud

SLX_Dialogue

SLX_Effects

SLX_ExplosionDust

SLX_FindCover

SLX_GunSmoke

SLX_Helicopter_AI_Fix

SLX_Impacts

SLX_Lights

SLX_Mod_Veh_Armor

SLX_Mod_Man_Armor

SLX_Mod_Veh_Core

SLX_ModWeapons_3D_Optics

SLX_ModWeapons_NoCrosshairs -(In storage folder)

SLX_ModWeapons_Sounds

SLX_ModWeapons_Sounds_Impact

SLX_NetCode

SLX_Radar

SLX_RagDoll

SLX_RemoveFirstAidAction

SLX_RPG7

SLX_ShotEffects

SLX_Shout

SLX_SilentVehicleCommands

SLX_SINCGARS

SLX_Suppression_Effects

SLX_Surrender

SLX_T72_Destroyed

SLX_TankHatches

SLX_TankSmoke

SLX_UAV

SLX_Wounds

SLX_Wounds_AIS

SLX_Wounds_Heads

=====================

72 -Tweaks in COWarMod

=====================

-AddedTankMovementOrderDirectionMarkers (Visuals)

-AIPistolUseFix (Gameplay)

-BlackBackgroundForGearDialog (Visuals)

-CarsFasterOffroads (Gameplay)

-DisabledBallisticsComputer (Gameplay)

-DisabledBasicConversationsForAnyUnit (Gameplay)

-DisabledBasicConversations (Gameplay)

-DisabledCenterHandIcon (Visuals)

-DisabledFatigue (Gameplay)

-DisabledForcedOpticsForBinocular (Gameplay)

-DisabledInfantryWeaponDispersion (Gameplay)

-DisabledLoadingScreenImage (Visuals)

-DisabledOnDamageSoundForHelicopters (Gameplay)

-DisabledOnDamageSoundForPlanes (Gameplay)

-DisabledOnDamageSoundForTanks (Gameplay)

-DisabledPeripheralVisionBloodTexture (Visuals)

-DisabledPeripheralVisionCueTexture (Visuals)

-DisabledPeripheralVisionEnemy (Visuals)

-DisabledPeripheralVisionFriendly (Visuals)

-DisabledPeripheralVisionNeutral (Visuals)

-DisabledPPEffectsForVehicles (Performance)

-DisabledPPEffectsForWeapons (Performance)

-DisabledRadarTargetsMFDDisplayInPlanes (Gameplay)

-DisabledStartEngineOnTurretMovementForTanks (Gameplay)

-DisabledStatisticsView (Gameplay)

-DisabledTalkTopics (Gameplay)

-DisabledWeaponSway (Gameplay)

-DoubledGetInRadius (Gameplay)

-DoubledSupplyRadius (Gameplay)

-EasyFlyPlanes by Celery (Gameplay)

(updated with Celeries latest script & replaced script by Gunter Severloh)

-EnabledTurnOutForM1A2Driver (Gameplay)

-EnabledTurnOutForT72Driver (Gameplay)

-EnabledZoomForBinocularAndLaserdesignator (Gameplay)

-ExtraCursorForAirUnits by Rg (Gameplay)

-FasterStepOverAnimation (Gameplay)

-HardLandingChoppers by Celery (Gameplay)

-ImprovedExtCameraPositionForTanks (Gameplay)

-ImprovedHelicopterAttackBehavior (AI)

-ImprovedHelicopterSurvivability by Rg (Gameplay)

-ImprovedSizeOfCompassAndGPS by defunkt (Visuals)

-ImprovedSpeedOnGravelRoads (Gameplay)

-JavelinTweak by McHide (Gameplay)

-KeepCommanderViewOnTarget (Gameplay)

-KeyshortcutsForTheGameMenus (Controls)

-LongMissionSelectionListInEditorLoadMission (Visuals)

-MadeGearDialogNonMovable (Controls)

-MadeHelicopterPilotOperateRockets (Gameplay)

-MadeSu34PilotToControlTheWeapons (Gameplay)

-MFDforAH1Z by defunkt (Visuals)

-MoreHeadMovement (Gameplay)

-MoreSluggishATV (Gameplay)

-NoIRSignatureForCarsAndMotorcycles (Gameplay)

-NoLongerShowEmptyFakeWeapon (Visuals)

-OpaqueBlackBackgroundInInterface (Visuals)

-PaleCommandBar by thebarricade (Visuals)

-PaleWeaponIconsInCommandBar by thebarricade (Visuals)

-ReducedFatigue (Gameplay)

-ReducedWeaponWeight (Gameplay)

-RemovedRadarOfGroundUnits (Gameplay)

-RemovedVehicleCursors (Gameplay)

-SeparatedEditorButtons (Controls)

-SingleWeaponModeFirstForAK (Gameplay)

-SolidBackgroundForChat (Visuals)

-StaticsVisibleAtDistance (Visuals)

-ToughChopperRotor (Gameplay)

-TweakedDebriefing (Visuals)

-TweakedExternalSoundVolumeInVehicles insideSoundCoef (Sound)

-TweakedExternalSoundVolumeInVehicles obstructSounds (Sound)

-TweakedExternalSoundVolumeInVehicles occludeSounds (Sound)

-TweakedTurretRotationSpeeds by Rg (Gameplay)

-VapourTrailsForPlanes (Visuals)

-VehiclesVisibleAtDistance (Visuals)

=========================

Edited by Gnter Severloh

My point is that (generally speaking) the mods should work just as well together regardless of if they are inside 1 modfolder, or inside 100.

And with SU, they are both equally manageable.

In what modfolder they reside in is of no real consequence, while the detail IF mods are compatible with eachother is of real consequence (and the result of your testing) :)

A few examples:

- WarFX

- Zeus AI

- SMK Anims

- SAP_Clutter

- LDL AC130

- GLT Missilebox

- Several GDT mods

- Shacktac FTHud

- CBA ExtendedEventhandlers

- ASC Customizable weapons

- LandTex

Mods take up space, so I feel it is obvious that if say 50 addons are already hosted on the network, there should be no need to host them again (take up double space).

This also counts for the other side; why would you want to download / have the same addon / mod (same version), multiple times on your harddrive, if you can also have it only once?

Still, where it makes sense for technical reasons, I don't mind hosting some addons double.

While LandTex and GLT Missilebox seem to take up the most space, together with ASC and WarFX. IMO these would be candidates to stay in seperate modfolders, while they would be setup as dependencies for the WarMod.

SLX mod ordinarily would also be a candidate for seperate modfolder IMO, but since you don't use all the SLX addons, and have some optionally included etc, this probably would be best left in the WarModfolder.

Edited by Sickboy

To add to this discussion, I think also some thought needs to be put into the management of Userconfigs in situations where you have mods that are actually 'collections of mods'.

Firstly

One of the worries I had about downloading the WAR mod was that it was going to overwrite some of the userconfigs that I already had from downloading the mods separately. If the userconfigs of a compilation mod were not updated regularly, there is a danger that a userconfig could get overwritten with an older version?

Sickboy's suggestion of just holding one copy of everything is a good one in this case. However, there are situations perhaps where a userconfig of a compilation mod is set up slightly differently to when it is in 'standalone' mode. Which leads to...

Secondly :

Let's say that I have ASR_AI loaded as a separate mod and also I have ASR_AI as part of the WAR mod. The userconfig setup for running ASR_AI in a normal config may be different to the setup in the WAR mod (where the compiler of the WAR mod may have set some specific values). Six-updater would need to manage these situations and perhaps these userconfigs which are part of compilation mods would need to be re-named somehow?

I hope this makes sense - it seemed to when I wrote it!

Should be non issue when compilation mods are just compilation of modfolders and not a single modfolder with mods.

If the compilation mod would have custom userconfigs for existing mods, the dependency loadorder should make sure the compilation mod userconfigs are taken as the primary ones.

In any case, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Hi,

I notice that Six is now slightly behind with the Beta's (currently 82604 on Six and 83110 on BI's beta site). I know they have been throwing them out thick and fast recently so that's understandable.

Is there any reason, or is it that you can't keep up ;-)

Usually waiting until jayarma2lib support is available. Can grab the latest beta from the usual download site if needed.

Still thinking about changing the policy :)

Ah, I can see why you would wait - I guess it would mess with ACRE if you let it loose. Downloading from BI is no problem - Six updater is just making me lazy!

New SU v2.6pre build released (auto-update)!

Includes support for the new GSpy v3 protocol recently activated for A2/OA, and some other minor fixes.

Edited by Sickboy