Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Six Updater: Install/Update mods, missions. Delta patching. Server browser, and more!

very impressive tool.... all though a tad complicated for a first time user. I have stuck at it for 2 days and I finally have most things working for a custom repo. Except I am trying to push out to the server and other users files in the key folder and the userconfig folder (in ARMA2). Can this be done ? and please point me in the right direction.. a web page... will do.

thanks.

Thanks, yea usability will be improved :)

Userconfigs are supported in multiple ways:

"@modfolder\userconfig" turns automatically into "userconfig\modfolder"

"@modfolder\store\userconfig" also turns automatically into "userconfig\modfolder"

Userconfig files are only overwritten (after backup) when the Modfolder did not exist before, or when you run the "Process Userconfigs" action.

Otherwise, at Install or Update, missing userconfig files are processed, never overwritten.

While "@modfolder\store\userconfig.tar" archives will simply be unpacked into the arma2 root folder, so you have full control over how what where.

Keys are only required on servers, and the "Process Keys" Updater action will copy "@modfolder\keys\*.bikey" to "keys\*.bikey".

"@modfolder\store\keys\*.bikey" is also supported.

There's also e.g "Install or Update, Process Keys, and Start Game".

Edited by Sickboy

Thanks, yea usability will be improved :)

There's also e.g "Install or Update, Process Keys, and Start Game".

yes.... but does it make coffee... thanks mate.. I will give it a whirl.

yes .. it worked... thanks

Now I just have to stop myself from down loading every mod listed....

Edited by gonk

"Didn't copy to existing equal or newer C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/arma 2 operation arrowhead/dsound.dll"

See above message.... I am trying to force it to ignore and just write over the top... If I delete the file it works fine but since I did a cut and paste the files date stamps are out of whack. This program is too smart... LOL.

But damn it is a powerful tool....thanks

yes.... but does it make coffee... thanks mate.. I will give it a whirl.

yes .. it worked... thanks

Now I just have to stop myself from down loading every mod listed....

"Didn't copy to existing equal or newer C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/arma 2 operation arrowhead/dsound.dll"

See above message.... I am trying to force it to ignore and just write over the top... If I delete the file it works fine but since I did a cut and paste the files date stamps are out of whack. This program is too smart... LOL.

But damn it is a powerful tool....thanks

Hehe, thanks :)) ref the dsound.dll etc, Users explicitly asked to stop trying to overwrite equal or newer files :)

I suppose I could add in a 'force overwrite' option.

Would it work for you if manually selecting dsound.dll mod app (right click menu on jayarma2lib mod) would always ovewrite?

Or rather have a global 'always overwrite' ?

Hehe, thanks :))

Would it work for you if manually selecting dsound.dll mod app (right click menu on jayarma2lib mod) would always ovewrite?

Or rather have a global 'always overwrite' ?

Nope ... tried that... did not work. I am just trying to make this as idiot proof as possible when sync-ing to a custom repo... Not everyone will notice the error and rectify it manually.

Thanks for the quick response.... don't you sleep ?:D

Nope ... tried that... did not work. I am just trying to make this as idiot proof as possible when sync-ing to a custom repo... Not everyone will notice the error and rectify it manually.

Thanks for the quick response.... don't you sleep ?:D

Couple of hours a night... Need to support you lovely SU-users right ;)

I think you misunderstood me; I asked if it would be okay if I change it so manually running the ModApp would always overwrite,

or that you rather need a 'always overwrite' option.

In any case, it is not an error per sé, newer dll often is better, and jayarma2lib has auto-update for the dsound.dll built-in, hence not overwriting it is generally a good idea.

I suppose I could otherwise add e.g a 'lock_mod_apps' option to the CustomRepos config.yml, which would always overwrite the file if it isn't equal to that on the Mod's network.

Couple of hours a night... Need to support you lovely SU-users right ;)

I think you misunderstood me; I asked if it would be okay if I change it so manually running the ModApp would always overwrite,

or that you rather need a 'always overwrite' option.

In any case, it is not an error per sé, newer dll often is better, and jayarma2lib has auto-update for the dsound.dll built-in, hence not overwriting it is generally a good idea.

I suppose I could otherwise add e.g a 'lock_mod_apps' option to the CustomRepos config.yml, which would always overwrite the file if it isn't equal to that on the Mod's network.

Rgr.. I read it a couple of times... took it the wrong way.. No prob. If manually running feature is the easiest to implement... that will do fine.. But if it is possible to make a window pop-up that ask the user if they want to overwrite or leave.... aka windows style, that would be better....

I will read up on the 'lock_mod_apps' option and see if that will work also...

or as you mention... leave the jaylib do it's auto-update

thanks...

Edited by gonk

Cheers :) I'll get back to you on it.

(lock_mod_apps was a suggestion too, it doesn't exist yet :P)

Rgr.. I read it a couple of times... took it the wrong way.. No prob. If manually running feature is the easiest to implement... that will do fine.. But if it is possible to make a window pop-up that ask the user if they want to overwrite or leave.... aka windows style, that would be better....

I will read up on the 'lock_mod_apps' option and see if that will work also...

or as you mention... leave the jaylib do it's auto-update

thanks...

I think this would be a flexible option: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/20707

Recently added an Unhandled Exception dialog with user editable Description field able to send report to the issue tracker.

Came across quite some interesting bugs and have solved plenty because of that :)

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/activity

Sorry for the rough ride past weeks on the pre-release versions, caused by major refactoring to improve performance and behaviour.

v2.5 is shaping up to become quite a major release with about 100 tickets (about double of usual milestones) and countless improvements.

Release candidate is very near.

Edited by Sickboy

How do I invoke the command line so I can stop auto updating? The auto update never seems to successfully complete without uninstalling 6 Updater, then reinstalling.

How do I invoke the command line so I can stop auto updating? The auto update never seems to successfully complete without uninstalling 6 Updater, then reinstalling.

Create a desktop shortcut and add this to the end of the target line... --skip-autoupdate

e.g "C:\Program Files (x86)\SIX Projects\Six Updater\" --skip-autoupdate

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

With my custom repos the mods are listed as Black... is this a feature to be fixed or updated to be green on the preset window ? or do I have a typo ?

I have set up required mods etc but it still lists them in black. I am just trying to make the start button use them but being black it ignores those addons...

thanks..

Found the problem...

I had

:required_mods: [@CBA;@JayArma2Lib;@ACRE]

which should of been

:required_mods: [@CBA,@JayArma2Lib,@ACRE]

Edited by gonk

See the latest news and especially the RC3 critical update announcement.

The update situation should now be stabilized again.

In any case, the parameters are documented: http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+Documentation#Commandline%20parameters

---------- Post added at 10:47 ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 ----------

which should of been

:required_mods: [@CBA,@JayArma2Lib,@ACRE]

:required_mods: [@CBA, @JayArma2Lib, @ACRE]

to be exact :)

UI will be added to prevent these mistakes :)

UI.. cool. That typo drove a little crazy but I stuck at it.

Thanks..

Thanks gonk.

Thanks also Sickboy. I had read that link before but is was a bit arcane for me. gonk's bit was the missing link.

Edited by Tanker

Getting the following message in the log window;

Found custom addons in official game addons folders, please remove (if really custom addon): a10.pbo, ah64.pbo, air.pbo, air2.pbo, air3.pbo, animals.pbo, animals2.pbo, anims.pbo, buildings.pbo, buildings2.pbo, buildings2_ind_cementworks.pbo, ca.pbo, characters.pbo, characters2.pbo, chernarus.pbo, chernarus_data.pbo, chernarus_data_layers.pbo, dubbing.pbo, editor.pbo, language.pbo, languagemissions.pbo, misc.pbo, misc_fix.pbo, misc2.pbo, misc3.pbo, missions.pbo, missions_ew.pbo, modules.pbo, music.pbo, plants2_bush.pbo, plants2_clutter.pbo, plants2_misc.pbo, plants2_plant.pbo, plants2_tree.pbo, roads2.pbo, rocks2.pbo, signs2.pbo, soundmissions.pbo, sounds.pbo, structures.pbo, tracked.pbo, tracked2.pbo, ui.pbo, uifonts.pbo, utes.pbo, warfare2.pbo, warfare2vehicles.pbo, water.pbo, water2.pbo, weapons.pbo, weapons2.pbo, wheeled.pbo, wheeled2.pbo, wheeled3.pbo

I am running as combined ops and these files are in my Arma2 addons folder. Checked them against other installs and they appear to be valid. Also I don't remember using anything other than proper mod folders - honest!

Can I ignore this message and play peacefully when I should be sleeping?

Seems like a bug, ignore, but if you run into trouble plz create a ticket with your logs.

---------- Post added at 21:22 ---------- Previous post was at 21:03 ----------

I've found and fixed the bug (for next update) that causes the wrong warning.

But the bug is triggered by missing official game files according to selected / detected game edition and their installation folders.

e.g for OA it looks in the folders: common and expansion/addons

for A2 it looks in: addons

for CO, it looks in addons, common, expansion/addons

while the locations depend on if it's a combined installation or seperate installation.

So that's either another bug, or a configuration error on your end (SU (edition, installation folder settings etc), or game registry keys).

If you keep experiencing issues, please put full details like your game editions and their locations, incl SU logs, in a ticket, that will hopefully provide enough information to figure out what's going on :)

Edited by Sickboy

Is there a way to reset the window position to my primary monitor, without reinstalling? I had to unplug my secondary, but the window still defaults to the monitor that isn't there...