Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Six Updater: Install/Update mods, missions. Delta patching. Server browser, and more!

Great Polish for the overall Apperance!

Looks like the Days of the Command Window coming to an End, whitch remembers me at the Start of SU Console and ACE2 Betatest Phase. :D

Still have multiple milestones full of todos, but it's shaping up nicely if I may say so myself :)

Latest auto-self-update contains improved UI based progress report, missions are now also included.

Performance has improved for processing (summing, downloading, unpacking), especially when small to medium sized files or minor changes are involved.

Also a bug related to auto detecting seperate CO installations has been solved, as well as a bug with long game path names.

Available for your testing through auto-self-update.

First v2.5 Beta setup and WIP report probably in a couple of days.

Lastly, the 1500+ missions pack (by 76) repository; sixupdater://rsync.dev-heaven.net:82/m/config.yml is now hosted on most of the official network mirrors, instead of 1 before.

Edited by Sickboy

Sickboy, about my problem with "six updater gui has stopped working".

I just remembered I have direct3doverrider enabled (I'm using it to force tripple buffer). I disabled it and Six updater loaded fine.

Cheers.

But, I am Looking For

• Support assistance
  • Network Management assistance (Collecing Mods, Missions and information)
  • Development assistance ((Iron)Ruby, C#, .NET, WPF)
  • Mirror hosting
  • Server admins who wish to host custom repositories for their server and take full advantage of SU features

I would like to offer mirror for you, have plenty of disk space and bandwidth available.

Linux (Ubuntu) server.

Would need some 'hand holding' on setting up though (I can't get a custom repo working just yet but am getting there).

So you can add me to the Server admins wanting a custom repo too.

I would like to offer mirror for you, have plenty of disk space and bandwidth available.

Linux (Ubuntu) server.

Would need some 'hand holding' on setting up though (I can't get a custom repo working just yet but am getting there).

So you can add me to the Server admins wanting a custom repo too.

Awesome, thanks! Please find the server admins groupchat link @ http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+CustomRepos_Setup#Support

we can try and get ya setup sometime this week.

Weird request, but does anybody have a mirror that's not a file repository or the devheaven site?

I'm currently only connected to the internet by way of my 3g cell phone, and for some reason, none of the mediafire-type hosts or devheaven want to let me resume the download when it inevitably pauses 10 seconds in.

Nevermind, I finally got 2 and a half minutes of uninterrupted service, and it finished!

Edited by Gabe_Ruckus
It finally finished!

Is there any basic end user documentation/manual?

I'm struggling with the basics. F ex that one selects a preset mod by clicking it once, then right clicking the wanted mod in the mod list --> "Add mod to preset".

The documentation seems to be on the superuser level to me.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks for the swift reply, SB. I have found some youtube videos that have made me a little more confident.

This:

A little outdated but much better than nothing.

I understand the actual programming/updating takes precedence.

Question: Are the any fileservers that will/can host our servers custom mod pack? Maybe for a donation/fee?

Any web-server that supports the requirements (most do) suffices,

there's plenty of web-spaces you can rent for a (small) fee, while there are perhaps peeps out there with some free space who would host it for ya too.

http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+CustomRepos_Setup#Hosting%20Requirements

But it might be a nice idea for me to offer hosting as a service one day... will think about it :)

I'm having trouble getting mods to show up in the mod listings. I make "@" mod folder in my arma 2 ao directory, but when I try to add it to a preset in Six Updater it's not showing up. I've tried restarting and refreshing as well.

They should show up in the Local Mods section at the bottom of the Mods tab, click the count to refresh it, disable allowed filter in case you have a server selected.

They should show up in the Local Mods section at the bottom of the Mods tab, click the count to refresh it, disable allowed filter in case you have a server selected.

Worked like a charm. I also realized you must create a "@Modtitle" folder, then create another folder inside of that one titled "addons" with the pbo file inside of that, before Six Updater will find it. I just started using mods and the updater yesterday so excuse the mistake. Anyway thanks for the help, great program :D

Worked like a charm. I also realized you must create a "@Modtitle" folder, then create another folder inside of that one titled "addons" with the pbo file inside of that, before Six Updater will find it. I just started using mods and the updater yesterday so excuse the mistake. Anyway thanks for the help, great program :D
NP, enjoy :)

SU detects any folder (with or without @ in the name) as mod folder, as long as it contains an Addons or a DTA folder :)

Been working hard on internal refactoring for improving behaviour and performance,

while i've enhanced the Updater Progress UI further;

http://s1111.photobucket.com/albums/h468/sickboy6th/Six%20Updater%202/Six%20Updater%2025/

Memory usage should be somewhat better although the new Progress UI when updating increases it again.

As always, available for your testing through auto-self-update, first real 2.5 WIP announcement coming days.

Could someone make a video tutorial how to install and update ACE with SU? I'm cool with it, but some less "bright" members of a group i'm in can't get the gist of it.

Could someone make a video tutorial how to install and update ACE with SU? I'm cool with it, but some less "bright" members of a group i'm in can't get the gist of it.

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Installation#Ongoing%20Development

1. Install the Six Updater (if not already done)

2. Start the 'Six Updater - GUI'

3. Ensure that the 'A2 OA - A.C.E.' preset is selected. (Click inside the preset field, and select it if not)

4. Click the green 'Run Updater' button left up (Says "Install or Update, and Startgame" by default).

Make a video of it if ya like but seems too simple?

Existing video @ http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+Gallery

Edited by Sickboy

With latest version of SU I can't sort anymore when clicking the columns in the server browser or the mods section.

Is this a bug or a interface redesign?

Hi Sickboy,

Got a new dedicated server and was looking at using Six-Updater to configure it and launch it. I see you have the 'Server' tab in Advanced and all the fields are editable (apart from the drop downs). It does launch the server, but it seems that none of the configs are being picked up. Also, when you close/restart Six, none of the config values are retained.

I was going to raise a bug, but then I saw this in your roadmap...

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16957

Does this mean that the Dedi Server config is not working yet? No worries if not, I will go back to TA2DST for now.

I just saw the option in the GUI and thought - 'yeah!'.

Most refactoring done, focus shifting to the open feature tickets again soon, after final bits and bugs have been dealth with :)

With latest version of SU I can't sort anymore when clicking the columns in the server browser or the mods section.

Is this a bug or a interface redesign?

Was a known issue and has been resolved in the meantime; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/20270

Hi Sickboy,

Got a new dedicated server and was looking at using Six-Updater to configure it and launch it. I see you have the 'Server' tab in Advanced and all the fields are editable (apart from the drop downs). It does launch the server, but it seems that none of the configs are being picked up. Also, when you close/restart Six, none of the config values are retained.

I was going to raise a bug, but then I saw this in your roadmap...

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16957

Does this mean that the Dedi Server config is not working yet? No worries if not, I will go back to TA2DST for now.

I just saw the option in the GUI and thought - 'yeah!'.

Hey mate, 'yeah', heheh, almost, early in 2.6pre hopefully.

You can launch and manage the server other than the 'server' tab though (mods, params etc), just enable the Server checkbox on the profile used by the server preset, or enable it up top, you can configure the startup parameters incl -config= bits in the Edit Tools -> Game Profile.

Edited by Sickboy

You can launch and manage the server other than the 'server' tab though (mods, params etc), just enable the Server checkbox on the profile used by the server preset, or enable it up top, you can configure the startup parameters incl -config= bits in the Edit Tools -> Game Profile.

OK, cheers. I will check that out...

EDIT -------->

Another question for you...

I have six updater running on three local machines (connected via a LAN). Currently each of them download mod updates from 'six central' over the internet. Now, because I live in a backward country like the UK, I have slowish download speeds (5-8Mb), but more importantly a monthly traffic limit (50Gb currently).

Is there a way to set up my main machine so it downloads from the internet, but the other machines use a repository on the main machine to get their updates? This will save me a lot of bandwidth on the WAN side. Sure, I can set up an FTP sync over the LAN for the modfolders on the other two machines, but if there was something already built in to Six to save me doing this....

If not, consider this a feature request ;-)

Regards

Edited by Jedra

Another question for you...

I have six updater running on three local machines (connected via a LAN). Currently each of them download mod updates from 'six central' over the internet. Now, because I live in a backward country like the UK, I have slowish download speeds (5-8Mb), but more importantly a monthly traffic limit (50Gb currently).

Is there a way to set up my main machine so it downloads from the internet, but the other machines use a repository on the main machine to get their updates? This will save me a lot of bandwidth on the WAN side. Sure, I can set up an FTP sync over the LAN for the modfolders on the other two machines, but if there was something already built in to Six to save me doing this....

If not, consider this a feature request ;-)

Regards

Didn't notice your edit, sorry for late reply :)

Technically possible but currently not very comfortable, but can improve on that, please put it in a ticket.

Few possibilities coming to mind which are currently available;

- Install FTP servers on two machines, and use Upload Preset feature of SU to push / update from one machine to the other two machines.

- Install a web server on one machine, put the mods in a custom repository, host that with the web-server and point the other two clients to the 'server' machine

- Use Robocopy (included with Vista+, and available in resource kit for 2000+) to sync the mod folders from the 'server' to the other two machines (push or pull), should be possible with 1 or a few commands, multiplied by the amount of target machines.

Edited by Sickboy

Ok, thanks mate - will add the request to a ticket. I have a professional licence for WSFTP, so will use that in the meantime.

Now all I need for Six updater to make my coffee in the morning and do my job for me and life is sweet!

Proud to present: http://www.six-updater.net - The new home of Six Updater

The current design and content will probably be updated/tweaked more over coming days.

New blog entries about the Six Updater v2.5 internal and visual changes also coming next days.

Now all I need for Six updater to make my coffee in the morning and do my job for me and life is sweet!
Ha :-)