Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Six Updater: Install/Update mods, missions. Delta patching. Server browser, and more!

Awesome, missed that one. I guess uploading with rSync is the easiest thing to do though. Does it support rSync over SSH (without password login but with a SSH key)?
Absolutely.

It supports openssh keys through openssh and additionally for windows putty keys through plink.

The openssh implementation currently is most stable and seems to perform better.

Before using it you'll have to accept the server SSH host key; http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+CustomRepos_Setup+openSSH

You can specify the privatekey to be used by creating a config.yml in the following folder:

On windows: C:\users\username\appdata\roaming\six-rsync

On linux: ~/six-rsync

With the following content:

--- 
:key: C:/path/to/id_rsa

(or .ppk in case of putty key)

You can find the Upload preset functionality on the RepoBuilder tab, available after enabling Advanced mode (click the button labeled Advanced).

Use the following url format at the "Remote Folder" field: username@hostname:/path/to/arma

and hit Push Preset.

Edited by Sickboy

Nice, I'll give this a try with the next ACE update!

One more question, I see that Six Updater is open source, I don't know if you can compile ruby on rails or not, but do you also accept patches from other people?

Edited by Pvt. Lucky
question

One more question, I see that Six Updater is open source, I don't know if you can compile ruby on rails or not, but do you also accept patches from other people?
Thanks for the interest and offer!

Currently the license does not allow derivative works - alter, transform or build upon the work, without express permission.

But I will gladly give contributors permissions for patches.

Forking and making a pull request on github.com would be the preferred method: https://github.com/sickboy/six-updater-gui

In case of long term contribution, we can work out access to the official repo etc.

The GUI repo contains all the projects for SU 2.x on windows, but im planning to refactor the code to be OS agnostic (or at least Windows/linux).

Edited by Sickboy

Currently not receiving much feedback / bug reports re the latest Six Updater 2.4 Release Candidate...

Will probably be released as stable soon, while work will commence on the 2.5 milestone shortly after.

I have Arma2 and Arma OA in two separate folders. I have both games through Steam. Is Six Updater compatible with the Steam installation of Arma?

I have Arma2 and Arma OA in two separate folders. I have both games through Steam. Is Six Updater compatible with the Steam installation of Arma?

Yes, just make sure the registry entries for both games are in order:

http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+FAQ#Paths%20(Game,%20mods,%20pack%20etc)

http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+FAQ#Detect%20seperate%20Combined%20Ops%20installation

Solved an annoying bug that would make the confirmation messageboxes sometimes not appear properly, making it seem as if the updater has frozen, while it is actually waiting for User input.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/19971

Hi Sickboy,

I've tried to get the rsync over ssh working through SU but haven't had much luck. For some reason it doesn't read the public key file.

in AppData\Roaming\six-zsync\config.yml I've tried:

---
:key: C:/key

---
:key: C:\key

:key: C:/key

:key: C:\key

You did say that the config.yml file should be in AppData\Roaming\six-rsync, but that directory isn't accessed by SU so I placed it in AppData\Roaming\six-zsync where it does look for the config.yml and successfully reads it.

Of course, the public key is in C:\key and I've accepted the host key using the tools\bin\ssh.exe.

I've monitored access to the C:\key file but it hasn't been accessed by anything SU related.

My remote folder is:

<user>@<hostname>:/opt/arma2oa/

Output in the console log thingy:

17:44:11: Please confirm: Are you sure you want to push preset to server?
17:44:12: Processing @CBA_OA
17:44:12: Processing @CBA_A2
17:44:12: Processing @CBA
17:44:12: Uploading @CBA to <user>@<hostname>:/opt/arma2oa/@cba
Permission denied (publickey).
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at /home/lapo/package/rsync-3.0.8-1/src/rsync-3.0.8/io.c(601) [sender=3.0.8]
17:44:13: RuntimeError zSync error 12 while processing rsync_push: --times -O --no-whole-file -r --delete --partial --progress -h --timeout=30 --exclude .rsync "/cygdrive/c/games/steam/steamapps/common/arma 2 operation arrowhead/@CBA/." "<user>@<hostname>:/opt/arma2oa/@cba"  . See log for details. Please report the issue to SU Support (incl your logfiles).

I also monitored the /var/log/auth.log file on the server but nothing happens.

Help? :D

EDIT: I've placed the key file in SIX Projects\Six Updater\tools\home\Marcel\.ssh as id_rsa.pub (public), that still didn't work then I added the private key as id_rsa and it's uploading now! :yay:

Weird though, I always thought the public key was sent instead of the private key when using ssh...

Edited by Pvt. Lucky

Heya, nope. The SSH server must know your public key, while your client must have the private key, which it uses to authenticate to the SSH server to match that public key.

Sorry about the six-rsync vs six-zsync mix up :P

I can't get it to work. It says "gui has stopped working" when I start the program. Running Win 7 x64. Have tried to re-download.

Any tips?

I can't get it to work. It says "gui has stopped working" when I start the program. Running Win 7 x64. Have tried to re-download.

Any tips?

Need more info;

- what is the latest thing you see

- any error messages?

Does this help? http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+FAQ#Crash%20on%20startup%20-%20no%20startup%20logo

If not, please create a ticket with screenshot and logfiles, and im sure we can find the cause / solve the issue in no time;

http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+Support

Edited by Sickboy

after install i click the SU 2.4 shortcut, it quickly updates and the six logo comes up. then a white box comes up and an error message appears: "six updater gui has stopped working"

regarding your link - i don't know how to extract the install file into the SU folder.

windows error help says:

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Users\Zorg\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE511.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

C:\Users\Zorg\AppData\Local\Temp\WER281.tmp.appcompat.txt

C:\Users\Zorg\AppData\Local\Temp\WER2DF.tmp.mdmp

See the support link i've posted.

Hi,

I have had a look in the docs and the FAQ and can't see any hints as to how to setup SixUpdater to run the BIS beta builds of Arma.

Can I use six to run a beta build of Arma without screwing up my normal profiles? If so, how? I have just about got my Six profiles perfect and I don't want to mess them up!

Just tick the Beta checkbox above at Overrides, or enable Advanced Mode and in the Game Profiles datagrid, enable it at the game profile of your choice.

Alternatively you can just add the beta (A2) or expansion/beta (OA) Mod to your presets, it's in the Mods datagrid at the end.

---------- Post added at 15:48 ---------- Previous post was at 15:43 ----------

Hi,

i just want to say Thank You for the great support yesterday in the Skype Support Chat!

The sixupdater is a very mighty tool and it seems that the continuous work of sickboy and his team make it better and better.

Great work.

Greetings

Jack

Thanks mate and np :)

'Team' is wishful thinking though, unless you mean one-man-team :D

But, I am Looking For

• Support assistance
  • Network Management assistance (Collecing Mods, Missions and information)
  • Development assistance ((Iron)Ruby, C#, .NET, WPF)
  • Mirror hosting
  • Server admins who wish to host custom repositories for their server and take full advantage of SU features

Edited by Sickboy

Thanks, but 1 GB free space is too less for an official mirror (23+ gb), and probably also for most CustomRepos,

also this seems to be a private backup-space, often not very useful for public distribution of files.

I have added preliminary support for DropBox a while ago, but their public service doesn't support differential transfers either so all these free hosting sites are nice but not too useful for SU purpose :)

Thanks, but 1 GB free space is too less

You can share space on you hdd-s and public cloud space will be raised on your shared space.

I have added preliminary support for DropBox a while ago

Dropbox ban you for mass download of your files :)

Is there an idiots guide to setting up a repo anywhere? Ive read the guide that you have posted a few times sickboy, and its only taken me so far. I'm not that educated when it comes to this stuff, so I don't know what half the crap your talking about is...

I was able to push the repo, and i see the repo files on the ftp, but i dont see it showing up in the list of available mods for download on the SU.

UI Based Updater Progress almost finished!

n9yz5_thumb.png

(Click to enlarge)

---------- Post added at 10:13 ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 ----------

Is there an idiots guide to setting up a repo anywhere? Ive read the guide that you have posted a few times sickboy, and its only taken me so far. I'm not that educated when it comes to this stuff, so I don't know what half the crap your talking about is...

I was able to push the repo, and i see the repo files on the ftp, but i dont see it showing up in the list of available mods for download on the SU.

http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+CustomRepos_Setup#HTTP%20Repo%20(zSync,%20or%20normal)%20-%20FTP%20upload

See section "User Download Options". Practical implementations; http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+Communities

If still in need of assistance please see http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+CustomRepos_Setup#Support

Edited by Sickboy

Great Polish for the overall Apperance!

Looks like the Days of the Command Window coming to an End, whitch remembers me at the Start of SU Console and ACE2 Betatest Phase. :D