Sign in to follow this  
M.Evans

ACRE Problem

Hello everyone at Bohemia Interactive,

I have been using arma 2 Combined operations for about 3 to 4 months now and have never encountered any problems. I have just recently found that my unit, the 502nd PIR for I44 wants to use ACRE mod. The ACRE team has just released the latest release which is 1.2.9. I downloaded the installer from http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=117521 the 64 bit, which matches my operating system. I knew this installer worked because it was passed to me by a fellow member who had just used it. It worked successfully for him. When i tried to use it it worked perfectly. I used this installation guide http://29thid.net/index.php/topic,470.0.html The Teamspeak 3 installed, i heard that new voice and everything, it said ACRE 1.2.9 on my profile. So everything was good. I then proceeded to my mod launcher and checked off the following mods, @Acre, @JayArma2Lib. I relaunched TS3 as administrator and the arma launcher as Administrator. Now here is my problem. When I launched arma from the mod launcher as Combined Operations i received the following error message.

JayArma2Lib: Incompatible version of ArmA2 or unable to check version.

I didn't think much at first, maybe a bad install, so i tried installing it again. Same thing. I goto fellow members who tried to help me out. We removed all ACRE files and tried the install another time. The only time i can get the game to run successfully with launching the @Acre and @JayArma2Lib folders is when I delete the dsound.dll from my Arma 2 directory. It runs but, of course, I am not able to run any of the ACRE features because of this deletion. This error message is clearly the center of my problems. I can guarantee if it goes away my Arma ACRE will work. My fellow members suggested reinstalling arma, but as I dont want to wait three days for the install to complete i am looking for any other method possible.

If anyone has any suggestions please leave them, I am desperate. I have literally done everything I can think of. It would mean alot to me if you, the members of Bohemia would not refer me to a different post but help me step by step solve this problem. I would not come to Bohemia if I didnt have to, but this was my last option.

I hope you can help,

Thank you,

Name: Michael Evans

Position: Squad Member

S/N: 1000246816

502nd Parachute Infantry Regiment

101st Airborne Division

Edited by M.Evans

If you have problems with certain mods you should post your problem in the related thread. Or even better: read the realted thread as a possible solution might already be there.

I googled this problem and i read through everything on the Bohemia forums, the 502nd forums, the Arma 2 Armaholic forums, The TS3 Addon forums etc. I am sorry for posting in the wrong area. you can move my post to the appropriate location. Sorry for the inconvenience. I would still like it if my post was fully reviewed and handled accordingly.

Thank you.

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

This is the wrong link, it is not a forum, it is a post. Thanks but i will go there,

Edited by M.Evans

Haha yeah.

That was the worst link ever, but i see you made your way in the end.

My ego only grew 75% as much as it would normally have when ridiculing new forum members.

not really, now im getting no responses, and my problem still isn't solved. :(

Description of this forum:

This forum is for reporting hardware/driver issues with ArmA 2 & the standalone expansion Operation Arrowhead as well as for reporting serious bugs.

Troubleshooting issues related to addons/mods should be addressed in the thread of the addon/mod in question, not in here.