Sign in to follow this  
Horner

Money System

Hello

I was just wondering if there is a money system like Spon Money for Arma 2?

Or if anyone could tell me what the makers of Chernarus life use for there Money System? Thanks.

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

I am trying to make an Rpg for Takistan because I think the zargabad one is too small.

money is just a number called "money", you define it yourself and how to get it, like for example in warfare, you get x amount of "money" for various kills.

you can attach and dynamically modify the amount of money for each player by using setVariable, getVariable.

do you have a place where i could get example scripts?

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

okay this i what i have

this setVariable ["money", "25000"];

does that sound right? If so how do i access this number?

unit getVariable "money"

will return "25000"

set the variable without "" to get a number you can add and subtract from.

you need it to return 25000 not "25000"

that script doesnt work

it gives me errors

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

do i type it in the units init or somewhere else?

MathewH123, im not meaning to be harch or unhelpful, but you cannot start on advanced scripting without having no knowledge about it at all.

unit in my example above was the unitname, the name you enter in name field of a unit in editor, or the vehicleVarname of the unit.

It should be executed from within a script where you track and alter the variable "money".

Description on usage was in the link i provided.

start of small, learn various tasks in regards to scripting.

you will not acomplish your goal if your scripting knowledge is as litte as i do believe it is, unless someone holds your hand through the entire process.

First thing you should do is to have a read of this manual:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4847

Id dare say that this is any new arma scripters beginners bible, old but still applies, and it covers many, many aspects of arma 2 from beginner level to advanced.

it is an old manual created for armed assault wich is the previous "arma1", scripting shown in it is in .sqs format, and todays most used scripting format in arma2 is .sqf

there are differences in how they work, but mostly the same, and the commands used is the same, and we have some new ones also, aswell as some is removed or replaced.

this is also a main site of interest with all the commands and description on them, some are well documented others not, you can also use the search function there on any commands.

Also search through forums here, big SEARCH BUTTON in top, many questions already asked and answered.

download other peoples scripts, missions, open them up and see how they have done it, and the various ways to do similar or same tasks.

Many uses helplines in script to describe what does what.

You will find many here on BI forums, and on armaholic.com, wich is one of the biggest if not THE BIG ONE.

There are several more, like kylanias, darxess sites and others similar to armaholic.

Google them up and you will find them.

Id like to point you especially to kylanias site, it does have some easy scripts, but mostly advanced, the upside is the documentation and instructions from kylania, wich is very helpful for any new scripter, as well as demo missions to demonstrate it properly.

The road of scripting is very steep and long, the most important things you can do is read, investigate, test and try, and then ask for help here in forums and other forums, when you are stuck or at a loss, there are many helpful people here on the forums.

There are also threads here on forum i belive where you can ask others to create what you need for you if you are not prepared to put in the tedious learning time, and if youre lucky someone will like your idea and produce it for you, or point you towards an already working example of what you need.

Trust me on this, you will have to put in many hours on scripting this for yourself, even with good knowledge.

Best of luck.

Regards Demonized.

Edited by Demonized

what??

AA2 already have a variable named "Money"? Is it a special variable? Or not??

You have to buy a 5 1/4" money slot for your PC. It fits in the fron't....just takes up one drive space. Get one from eBay. Then get the drivers...you'll find them on the net. Keep Googling till you find them. After that the special variable "Money" will work... if not post your findings here!

Did you even bother to read the post from Demonized above?

Did you even bother to read the post from Demonized above?

Yes I did, I am trying to learn through doing btw.

Yes I did, I am trying to learn through doing btw.

@Mathew123... that wasn't meant for you man. It was directed at Dragon_Zen. Good luck with your scripting.

to twirly

Sorry man, hard to read long reply for me. I just see the title and then ask the thing.

to twirly

Sorry man, hard to read long reply for me. I just see the title and then ask the thing.

That's what I thought!

Peace and Love brother....stay cool.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9un1so96tt2wx30 <<-- Uses rating, so you get money for kills and money is removed for teamkills

Use addaction to a ammo crate with the "ammocrateinit.sqf" and to another crate with "bmcrateinit.sqf"

just a simple template so edit it the way you want it (crate names/weapons or pretty much anything)

Edited by ArmAriffic

o ok and btw im not gunna buy a drive just for money on a mission lol.

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

and thanks armariffic but i dont want one based on kills i want an rp game but thanks anyways :)