Sign in to follow this  
doonbugie

How much ram is required for a Arma 2 server?

Not familiar with A2 DS, how much dam would it require for a minimal debian installation on my dedicated server. Im thinking 24 players.

Not much - i have 2 dedis running on one box - they each use close to 600mb - what os are you using ? If win32 i wouldnt go less than 3gb - if win64 i would use no less than 4gb.

Om my win7 64bit running 1arma2 dedi + 1arma2OA dedi + 1 Teamspeak3 server 2.7gb of my 8gb are used.

not much, until you stick with "normal" or "low" ground detail and reasonable viewdistances.

except long matches, such as Warfare and etc, so even 8Gb become "not too much".

not much, until you stick with "normal" or "low" ground detail and reasonable viewdistances.

except long matches, such as Warfare and etc, so even 8Gb become "not too much".

Why would the server be rendering anything? Its just a console. I figure I'll put 2GB in it and setup a 24 player Warfare.

You are right dedi-server dont care abt viewdist and details - go for 2gb and keep an eye on your hd-led, if it uses hd much add another gb.

Dorph;1916936']You are right dedi-server dont care abt viewdist and details - go for 2gb and keep an eye on your hd-led' date=' if it uses hd much add another gb.[/quote']

Yeah, I wont need to much as I'm only hosting A2 and nothing else.

biggest mem use i saw was around 1250MB with a warfare mission that was running for days @ imposible settings and that is exlusive the Windows memory use!

I've seen a gig playing warfare for a long time, but in majority they'll start around 100mb and get to about 500mb. It all really depends on what you are doing on it (what mission you are playing).

The most important thing for arma servers is the cpu frequency though. What's your CPU like on this box?

I'll be running Warfare Benny edition on Chernarus. With 24 players, which I intend to fill up. Civilians off, resistence AI on recruit, player AI on regular. I hope it won't eat up to much memory to the point it has to start using a crapload of swap. I have dual xeon.