Sign in to follow this  
OrLoK

What will happen to Stealth chopper wreckage?

As I understand it during the Kosovo intervention China got its hands on F-117 Nighthawk technology after one was shot down. Also a bit of a conspiracy theory to go along with that explains why the US "accidentally" bombed the Chinese Embassy there a few days later. So it going to China is a credible idea. They did a crap job of blowing it up.

The power cut is interesting. But how would that guy who lived in the town have been able to tweet the operation as it was happening? Must have been a very small radius and I wouldn't have thought a cyber attack would be that contained.

As I understand it during the Kosovo intervention China got its hands on F-117 Nighthawk technology after one was shot down. Also a bit of a conspiracy theory to go along with that explains why the US "accidentally" bombed the Chinese Embassy there a few days later. So it going to China is a credible idea. They did a crap job of blowing it up.

The power cut is interesting. But how would that guy who lived in the town have been able to tweet the operation as it was happening? Must have been a very small radius and I wouldn't have thought a cyber attack would be that contained.

Might've been able to target the power plant directly. I don't know how you would explain the cell phone service and twitter feed though. Maybe you could hit the towers directly too. But how that guy got his message out is beyond me. Perhaps it was delayed but held the original time stamp?

Just checked his twitter - here btw if anyone wants to look https://twitter.com/#!/reallyvirtual - He mentions he had his own power generator so that explains his tweeting. And I guess that rules out the use of an EMP device. Dam. Looks like USCYBERCOM had been busy.

i assume it had more main rotor blades too, would help even more decrease noise, maybe flight handling characteristics plus could be useful to keep copter afloat if damaged or lost blade

Nah. A helicopter that loses a blade in flight is going down in a big vibratery, juddery mess. An out of balance rotor head is bad enough, one with a departed blade is catastrophic.

Also, if the chinese do purchase the tech, how will we know? if it flies past me ill never be aware of it!

on a more serious note, is a silenced helicopter like a supressor / silencer for a weapon in real lfe?

Quiet, but hardly silent, is my guess.

Rgds

L

I wouldn't be surprised to see a new magazine in Pakistan:

"Build your own stealth chopper piece by piece! One new part in every magazine! First magazine only £5.99!"

:p

could this be it gnat?

Yep, that was the one.

As for the power cut, in places like that in Pakistan it would be piss easy to drop 1 or 2 guys on the ground to flick a few substation or main feeder switches.

Very little cyber stuff needed for that!

I'd be very surprised if their local electricity grids have inteligent and "connected" hardware and software controlling substations. Some modern western countries still don't have that yet.

If the helicopter was made for special operations then no doubt it would have jammers aboard, such things have been used in Afghanistan to deter roadside bombs set off by cell phones, shown in a few videos in fact such as the one where the guy keeps pressing detonate but nothing happens, his superior chews him out for it, after the convoy passes he presses it again and boom.

hello all,

well, if those guys can build a working plane from scratch, theyre better men than me.

rgds

Lok

Some of the parts made it to Africa.

Holy s***, now the pirates have air support :eek:

Holy s***, now the pirates have air support :eek:

LOL, if I was a pirate in a boat, I think I'd prefer that plane no where near me ! :p

best bets are it ends up in chinease hands considering they would be the highest bidder when it comes to it

Pakistan has agreed to give back the helo wreckage but one has to wonder what they will do with any data they might have recorded from the crash, assuming they actually recorded any such data. They'll doubtless have a long list of buyers waiting, with China at the top in my opinion.

Pakistan has agreed to give back the helo wreckage but one has to wonder what they will do with any data they might have recorded from the crash, assuming they actually recorded any such data. They'll doubtless have a long list of buyers waiting, with China at the top in my opinion.

The best situation would be:

Analysis the wreckage first

next is sell the analysis info to high-bidder (secretly, reason looks behind)

the bidding winner one get the data, info of the wreckage

and then return the wreckage to US

A win-win of diplomacy and bounty.