Sign in to follow this  
Choki

Iron Front - Liberation 1944, new WW2 game on A2:OA engine

DeepSilver havent been like that previously. Boiling Point that they published was very orginal. Super challening and ultra buggy, but quite great interesting game. I believe this Iron Front will be like the X1 Software have created it in the given time. Hopefully the campaign will be good with voice-actors.

I just like the idea that BI is licensing their engines for MOAR military combat fun -will support.

Wait a moment - is X1 Software the Libmod team or not?? I guess not because X1 is a German studio. Or is it?

EDIT:

Anyway - wow! First independent game with the Arma 2 engine I know of (apart from BI products I mean)! Cool! :)

libmod isn't dead? i swear if this is them i'm gonna shit bricks.

Seriously? BI starting selling their engine now? Fantastic! I thought perhaps they would have done this years ago, by now I figured it would never happen, but it's nice to see it finally being done.

It will be interesting to see the difference between what techniques BI uses compared to this game.

Edited by colossus

Well if this plays anything like ArmA 2, retains the SQF scripting system and the famous map editor from the OFP/Arma Series, then I'll buy it.

Hope it comes out in an english form

2 good news then. Bohemia Get money selling the engine and we get a New Simulation game from other pint of view

Hope it will be just as complex and simmy as AA2 OA or even more

Is Arma 2 WW2 RTS. I see future

Hope it comes out in an english form

That would just be cruel if they don't publish this in North America.

Yes Probably will have several languages

Yes I agree. But more Worked in details, the truck door is open. Vehicles will have animations? Is just like Lib mod But wait for more details. Especially in the aspect RTS

RTS hmm... but it will be played like A2 or is it 3rd person isometric view or something?

I wonder how they have solved the warping players / bad netcode that A2 has online, cos they do say that "online is where the battle heats up"...

I am definitely not going to buy this game if they have not solved this problem...

Looking forward to this. RTS with RV3 sounds like a winner if pulled off right. Hopefully if this is a solid game, BIS can market their engine like Crytek do with Cryengine 3...

Hopefully some gameplay footage soon! Looking good!

So is this confirmed RTS? I'm thinking it'll be similar to Company of heroes?

Yes those models looks alot like LibMod - maybe they sold or they got together with Deep Silver

Edited by RobertHammer

RTS hmm... but it will be played like A2 or is it 3rd person isometric view or something?

I wonder how they have solved the warping players / bad netcode that A2 has online, cos they do say that "online is where the battle heats up"...

I am definitely not going to buy this game if they have not solved this problem...

Hopefully they do fix it, and then BIS use the code in the next patch. :D

Yes I agree. But more Worked in details, the truck door is open. Vehicles will have animations? Is just like Lib mod But wait for more details. Especially in the aspect RTS
See, the project was started by Sarmat, but then it's turned to a more certain way. Sarmat makes free fan mods. Awar makes games.

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

Also, about RTS - that's not really true. Seems like some publishers don't have "Tactical shooter" in their categories, so they put "RTS-FPS". But that's not true.

However, the player does not have to do all this on foot

By the sounds of this there might be an option to play on foot or as an RTS?

Maybe something like ARMAs warfare but more in depth??

http://www.deepsilver.com/en/game-view/view/game/accessall/iron-front/

Edit: as Panzer baron said as well

Iron Front

PC - FPS-Strategy

could also be a clue

Edited by Jazzadazza

No word of an RTS:

However, the player does not have to do all this on foot: Using their computers, tacticians will control tanks, including the famous German battle tank Panzerkampfwagen VI or "Königstiger" and the Russian Stalin tank JS2, or fighter planes such as the Focke Wulf 190 and dive bombers like the Stuka or the Petlyakov PE-2.

I think is going to be like the Farm Wars Addon for arma 2 RTS but in WW2

I doubt it. It looks like it will be the same as A2, so no RTS. Your reading WAY too much into those 3 little letters.