Sign in to follow this  
Choki

Iron Front - Liberation 1944, new WW2 game on A2:OA engine

Did I imagine or in IF44 we have Render to Texture .... look mirror in airplane :confused:

Did I imagine or in IF44 we have Render to Texture .... look mirror in airplane :confused:

Doubt it.

They developers said they didnt touch the engine itself, plus a effect like this can easiely be tricked.

Some mirrors of newer vehicles or glass of scopes has similar effects that look like reflections but arent as it is just a texture that moves with the vehicle and has a glass looking supershader on it.

Hope that Iron Front Liberation 44 doesn't have modern devices/features (eg GPS) mixed with old/obsolete WW2 devices/features. Guess its impossible to get something like the good old OFP/CWA mission notebook (GUI) back into A2OA? Would feel ten times better for WW2 theme, imo. :)

Hope that Iron Front Liberation 44 doesn't have modern devices/features (eg GPS) mixed with old/obsolete WW2 devices/features. Guess its impossible to get something like the good old OFP/CWA mission notebook (GUI) back into A2OA? Would feel ten times better for WW2 theme, imo. :)

There was a GPS device in the MP mode trailer somewhere.

This will be a great game.

Is there anywhere they say that mods can be built for it?

I mean it is off the ArmaOA engine so I see why not.

I dont think I could buy a game without an editor, or some scenario maker,

ever since I got OFP back in the day thats all I have ever done is play around in the editor.

Im with the guy in the video about the mg sounds as he said they sound to whispery, almost the same as I44 sounds.

i wondering if Armaholic would support this game in their archive like have a tab in the downloads for this too, as I'd like to think you can have user content for it.

+1 Would like to know too.

My guess is "yes", because they're using the unmodified engine.

Unfortunately, no, because our engine is a bit modified for our needs.

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

What IF needs is the ability to have small repeatable battles 15:15 using tanks only to emulate World of Tanks. That will make it a keeper.
We also have it, exactly as you said. We have small, medium and large battles (with small, medium and large distances, amount of vehicles etc) Edited by Placebo

Didn´t know the russians used tyres from "Good Year" on their "Stalinorgel"... but anyway nice screens and i wished this was an arma expansion.

It was from the American Lend Lease program like we had with the UK 8)-

Excellent news panzer_baron! So will you be implementing only full BIS patches then?

Going back to my World of Tank comment, I think that a gamemode that emulates that game almost exactly would be awesome..... It could even use a permanent server to store kill (experience) where points equals better tanks, to take into battle with you. Primarily keep it human player versus human however filling driver, loader, radiomanpositions with AI. THAT would drive a huge volume of sales IMHO.

As an ardent supporter of The Armaverse I'm thinking of buying on release day. Do think about free DLCs as well in your business model :)

Going back to my World of Tank comment, I think that a gamemode that emulates that game almost exactly would be awesome..... It could even use a permanent server to store kill (experience) where points equals better tanks, to take into battle with you. Primarily keep it human player versus human however filling driver, loader, radiomanpositions with AI. THAT would drive a huge volume of sales IMHO.

In that case pls don´t forget to also include: arty, frenchies, ghost shells, matchmaking, t-59´s, and all the other 'works like intended' features from WoT.

Most important thing being to attract lot´s of 'brave sir robin' players who can ruin any game with their cluelessness Smile_trollface-3.gif

It sounds great except game modes... deathmatch and capture the flag ? ...really ? just like every shooter out there ? :j:

the only mode that seems decent is blitzkrieg but from the videos i've seen the map was tiny :butbut:

i know we cant have everything but considering this will attract lots of arma players i dont understand why you guys didnt create something like CTI instead of tired game modes, will get boring fast :(

i know we cant have everything but considering this will attract lots of arma players i dont understand why you guys didnt create something like CTI instead of tired game modes, will get boring fast :(

I thought the opposite. There's a lot of CTI already on Arma. I thought it was quite refreshing to see some decent PvP modes from the start. Again, Iron Front, like Arma is editable and modable - it can be what you want it to be. I am sure it won't be long before there's a Warfare clone.

I thought the opposite. There's a lot of CTI already on Arma. I thought it was quite refreshing to see some decent PvP modes from the start. Again, Iron Front, like Arma is editable and modable - it can be what you want it to be. I am sure it won't be long before there's a Warfare clone.

problem is that its not refreshing when every other game has it (just my opinion ofc) :p but yea, hopefully we'll get some good missions from the community :)

It sounds great except game modes... deathmatch and capture the flag ? ...really ? just like every shooter out there ? :j:

These are exactly the things which will attract me for example. Although I also like HC simulation, I also like modes where you don't have to plan you whole day for it :)

Will we be able to play deathmatch, capture the flag etc offline against the AI?

Yes, you can - you can run them as a LAN session with the AI.

Just bought it last night and begin to play this morning, you did great job, thanks !

It should be the best WWII war simulation to me. With the powerful mission editor and l44's specialities, could create numerous battle simulation by your imagine based on WWII and also could be different scenaria each time.