Sign in to follow this  
Choki

Iron Front - Liberation 1944, new WW2 game on A2:OA engine

And here is a new trailer:

I love eastern front stuff and I've always wanted a solid finished eastern front game like ArmA2. I am happy.

I wonder what they have in store for multiplayer?

Maybe something like DM "Sniper at the Gates"? CTF "Battle of Kurwa"? Coop "Tank Cavalry"? Coop "Za Rodina!"? Hopefully there aren't too many bugs and annoying things in release version so people will like to see + play this project as an game on its own. :)

OMG :D it's and international word, everybody knows what does it mean.

It would be a milestone of WW2 games. Very regretfully, BIS hasn't made any WW2 scenario. Gladly, Liberation team will bring it to us with improved traits of Arma engine. It would be a very promising game anyway.

I don't think it would be a kind of naive story of personal hero. One muscle guy kills all foes with powerful weapons. It should be a real war game, with cooperation of armor, artillery, aircrafts and brave soldiers. A bloody war just like what happened in those brutal times.

Edited by Fkymplbo

naaa! Pay for a mod? Same FX, same sounds, same anims, is ARMA whit ww2 units and campaign!!! Im going to buy inv 1944 mod!

I'm pretty sure that it will not be like an Arma 2 mod, as libmod is behind this and they were awesome back in OFP old days.

Yes, but the gameplay vids show an arma whit mod and the trailers are like a mod, In OFP they make a awesome job, i hope the same here

LibMod was a great mod but so is Inv44 and it would really have to stand very high and above those shoulders to incite me to buy as a full retail game. Surely I can't be the only one here who secretly wished this had waited for Arma 3 engine and come out a year later. Nazis love, no need ragdolling!

Personally I think Invasion '44 and Hell in the Pacific should team up with LibMod to produce paid DLC for Iron Front. I expect there would be howls of indignation from the terminally entitled but just imagine all three theatres portrayed with a truly seamless consistency and all benefiting together from any improvements made to the core game in areas like wounding and first-aid and armoured warfare mechanics. It could be the greatest treatment of World War 2 ever. Next stop; North Africa...

I don't care it's mod alike or not. That doesnt bother me at all. Arma itself is also good. The stuff and scenario of iron front is so impressing to me. Will purchase it anyway. I'm sure it would be a quite different WW2 game than others.

What the videos show are which I've been waiting for... Rockets screaming across the sky, panzers rolling forward in the fields, grenadiers roaring and charging, the bombers and fighters flying over the head.... The death scattered in the wide plain of Poland. The Guard troops of Red army marching for victory, for their fatherland and Staling! It's Iron Front, the awesome Eastern front from the real history.

Edited by Fkymplbo

I believe that converting Arma 2's WW2 mods for IF should be quite straightforward.

After I44 i have a taste for more W11, definitely get this, looks great

Hope other Armaii addons or Mods could be compatible or run together with this.

naaa! Pay for a mod? Same FX, same sounds, same anims, is ARMA whit ww2 units and campaign!!! Im going to buy inv 1944 mod!

Some sounds may be the same or similar but there are many new ones, just listen to the tanks moving, the engine is definately different and you can hear the treads squeeking, the aircraft do not sound like the camel. A new map, missions (possibly campaign?) and a game from the German perspective, not only that but with great voice acting and there are other several gameplay bites. For example the turrets turning much slower than they do in A2, when the King Tiger's gun fires in video 2 you see dirt kicked up and spread out in an arc, there are bolt action animations and who knows what else.

I wouldn't sell it short, especially when you consider what most games are like these days, and when did you last play a game from WWII that focused on the Germans? Not only they are portrayed as a normal military with obstacles and losses to overcome, as opposed to being either villians or an unstoppable force that never loses. I'd like to think of this as an unofficial expansion.

Edited by NodUnit

but with great voice acting

Uhm, nope. I've never heard voice acting this bad:

@7:05 if the link doesn't work

Uhm, nope. I've never heard voice acting this bad:

The funniest one is when he orders Walter to go to the tent: "Walter geh nach Haus!"

In english it is: "Walter go home!" :D

I hope it is just in the preview version, for a german the voice acting is quite funny.

Xeno

OMG... my eyes hurt... If I was an IronFront developer I would simply sue those guys for making anti-promotion... Hundreds (if not more) hours of work has been put by the team to make high quality models and textures and we get a preview that makes it look like uttercrap... Compare this footage to the official promo screenshots and say, is it the same game?

Anyway, I was hoping to get a more closer look at the custom structures and architecture (as we're in the process of developing an almost identical theme) but with "quality" as presented it's impossible to tell anything...

I wouldn't sell it short, especially when you consider what most games are like these days, and when did you last play a game from WWII that focused on the Germans? Not only they are portrayed as a normal military with obstacles and losses to overcome, as opposed to being either villians or an unstoppable force that never loses. I'd like to think of this as an unofficial expansion.

Yes, I agree, and I see some gameplay videos and the map and units are really good. So im going to buy this