Sign in to follow this  
Choki

Iron Front - Liberation 1944, new WW2 game on A2:OA engine

Does someone know if some of them are the same devs from the old Liberation 41-43 mod for OFP?

New gameplay video in German. Over 14 minutes in length and looks awesome.

Glad to see some new material released about IF. On the down side there was nothing that interesting in the video. Just like Mr. Burns said few msgs back, they should have showed us the differences between A2 and IF. What makes IF differ from A2 mod so much that it needs to be a stand alone game?

That looks superb, hats off to them, hope it sells well.

---------- Post added at 20:32 ---------- Previous post was at 20:27 ----------

I guess it'd never happen but in a perfect world I44 would migrate to become a seamless Western Front expansion for Liberation Front.

Graphics look excelent. Cant wait to get that game.

Does anyone recall the WW2 mod (for OFP or Arma1) with extremely good animations for pushing artillery around? (all men manning the unit heave away with legs moving for each, arti piece moved at a realistic and reasonable clip, etc) Was that Lib41-45? Has anyone seen anything similar for Iron Front?

(Anyhow, not to take anything away from Invasion 1944... yes at the moment you can push some arti now but it's a static standing anim and imo not very satisfying.)

Does anyone recall the WW2 mod (for OFP or Arma1) with extremely good animations for pushing artillery around? (all men manning the unit heave away with legs moving for each, arti piece moved at a realistic and reasonable clip, etc) Was that Lib41-45? Has anyone seen anything similar for Iron Front?

(Anyhow, not to take anything away from Invasion 1944... yes at the moment you can push some arti now but it's a static standing anim and imo not very satisfying.)

Yeah, It was Liberation 41-45, that's why I asked if some of the devs of libmod are involved in this product, as they had really good scripts regarding armour slopping and stuff.

What the hell is wrong with the tree's in that vid, they look like ofp cwc era. Something weird seems to be happening with the track animation on the Panther when it goes over bumpy ground as well.

I nearly pre-ordered it on Amazon UK the other day, but was put off by the suspiciously low price - now the price has gone up all of a sudden, that will teach me.:mad:

I'll purchase it no matter what from them. Any one know where to preorder it?

---------- Post added at 11:24 ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 ----------

I'll purchase it no matter what from them. Any one knows where to preorder it?

New video:

One serious question to Gamestar:

Would be it be wise to have "The Sims3" tested by a Flight Simmer, or vice versa having DCS:BS tested by an 8 year old girl?

That´s what you do, damn clueless testers making a "for dummies" instead of a preview.

Now they even start comparing it to fucking Landwirtschaftssimulator! :16_6_8:

OMG they have absolutely no fucking clue....

Funny because they get to the right conclusions. While I laughed a lot at their cluelessness about military stuff ("panzerkopfwagen", "That Marder thing isn't really a tank right?", "oh pak stands for Panzerabwerkanone?", "i bet a tank can just run through a thick tree at full speed"), they hit the nail on the head in their conclusion: you need tactics and time to win.

Also, it seems they took some hints very well. So maybe you might want to head over there and give them some clues.

I did already, lets see if they will be better in video #3 where they will play as infantry.

The conclusion was ok but I really got the impression that they didn´t even take a look at the controls, or where somehow prepared to test this specific game or are even interested in this genre

Looking at the most recent video, we can start to get a more specific idea of the historical situation simulated in the game. It seems as though the 71st Independent Heavy Guards Tank Regiment is definately appearing. I would therefore also suspect that the Tiger II tanks that we have seen in various preview materials belong to Schwere Panzer Abteilung 501. Other elements will, according to my best guess, be from the 4th Panzer Army and the 1st Ukrainian Front for the Wehrmacht and the Red Army respectively, although I am not too sure which divisions. The battle shown in the video is probably a part of the Lvov–Sandomierz offensive operation.

What is interesting about all of this is that the time frame of the game is roughly concurrent with Operation Bagration, but is not a direct part of Bagration. From the gamer's point of view this probably makes sense, as the relative strengths of the combatants probably closer in the Lvov–Sandomierz offensive operation, as were the casualties.

Edited by James McKenzie-Smith

I think they are getting better at playing the game. They also seem to enjoy it. I guess that is a good sign.

I love that map. It just looks so perfect to me.

Nothing special... this 3rd part of gameplay is boring as hell like the others.

It's just like a big mod for ArmA2. So much stuff is not changed... even those ugly reloading animations.

People will buy it, for sure... I'll buy it of course to fill up time before ArmA3, but when ArmA3 will came I'll forget about it in 1sec.

I would like to see one mission, let them prove us that they had nice ideas to stick our asses to the chair for many hours.

I don't want to play boring campaign like harvest red or these from arma1, I would like to have something like Eagle Wing was or Resistance... unique campaign with nice ideas.

Nothing special... this 3rd part of gameplay is boring as hell like the others.

It's just like a big mod for ArmA2. So much stuff is not changed... even those ugly reloading animations.

People will buy it, for sure... I'll buy it of course to fill up time before ArmA3, but when ArmA3 will came I'll forget about it in 1sec.

I would like to see one mission, let them prove us that they had nice ideas to stick our asses to the chair for many hours.

I don't want to play boring campaign like harvest red or these from arma1, I would like to have something like Eagle Wing was or Resistance... unique campaign with nice ideas.

Meh, the mission showed is very far from being boring but obviously very close to what OFP did : the story of a simple soldier, not a super razor team hero, together with progressive / tutorial missions, what ArmA2 was missing. That's very promising, and Libmod was one of the best mod of OFP, i'm very confident this will be a very nice game/mod.