Sign in to follow this  
Choki

Iron Front - Liberation 1944, new WW2 game on A2:OA engine

this game looks better and better. Does anybody know if BIS has kept this company up to date with the engine changes? (most importantly the netcode).

I could see myself buying this game day one and porting warfare over :)

I hope they will get all the engine code fixing (including MP) of 1.60 and later with their licence.

Without the 1.60 only hardcore fanboys would buy the game.

Any news about the game btw? I read once that it was coming Q4 2011. I suppose it will take more time still. Actual gameplay footage would be nice to see.

I really want this game. Who is the team behind it? Is it the same team that developed the Invasion 1944 mod? Or libmod?

Edited by Nicholas

it's would be illogical that IronFront would use any code-base older than actual 1.61 betas....

it's would be illogical that IronFront would use any code-base older than actual 1.61 betas....

When they bought the license, they granted access to all RV3 interations including future ones?

So far looking really good, what caught my attention is the uniforms, very well done and they don´t look like something we have in ArmA atm.

hardly future (A3) but actual code tree fixes yes (OA)... especially when related to stability and MP reliability

hardly future (A3) but actual code tree fixes yes (OA)... especially when related to stability and MP reliability

Good news!

When is the release?

PS: I think it could be a great idea to combine the work of I44 and Iron Front. :rolleyes:

A couple of suspected new screenshots of Iron Front hidden in this thread on the SimHQ forums. Scroll down almost to the bottom of the page...

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3525407/6.html

You will see an action shot of some T-34 tanks on the assault, and also a couple of Panthers. As for why I think that these are Iron Front shots, the person who posted them, Ingeneer, is believed to be an Iron Front developer.

Edited by James McKenzie-Smith

Looks like there is a damage model (at least visually). If they can make a convincing damage model then that is nice improvement for the vehicles. I just hope this is not ArmA 2: WWII.

No- addons, units, from arma2 won't work in Iron Front, obviously, because of completly new damage system, and big announced changes in engine. It's obvious for me- you want progress? You won't have Arma 2 compability! And i'm happy about this.

If this is the case I would be happy to.

I have my doubts this game will deliver (for me), but I am keeping my hopes up.

Imo IF-Lib1944 devs should start releasing some more infos including teasers/trailers, increase public campaigns (PR, marketing) and show the world (possible buyers/players) their work, developments and new features.

My question is:

Did that X1 Software studio made any good game in the past?

I heard nothing about them, their site looks bad and all games which they made in the past are tottaly uknown for me.

Screen dumps are fine, idea is cool but I'm worried about mission bugs and whole gameplay.

Nice! I like how the Kübelwagen looses parts if you shoot it with the Tank.

Boring preview. All they show (& tell) is how much IF is like ArmA2, i´d rather see it done the other way around.

As for Kübel loosing parts, where in the video did you see that?

Was it before the banter about units not getting knocked out of cargo pos by turret, or after? :j:

I think it looked great.

Boring preview. All they show (& tell) is how much IF is like ArmA2, i´d rather see it done the other way around.

As for Kübel loosing parts, where in the video did you see that?

Was it before the banter about units not getting knocked out of cargo pos by turret, or after? :j:

On a sidenote, those guys are not experienced Arma players^^

hm, must´ve missed that by ffw´ing through the most boring "lets play" i´ve seen to date.

A small glimpse of light at least ... though i wonder what happened if you threw a smoke nade at the Kübel...

I´d really like to know more about proper tank penetration simulation other than anything else, as this would be for me what set´s IF apart from ArmA2.

About them not being experienced, who cares? They present it to the masses, who are most likely unexperienced aswell, and what did they tell them?

"umm yeah, it comes as a bare box and you need to fiddle it together yourself" :rolleyes:

proper tank penetration simulation

aybe this is indeed included, they shot the other tanks multiple times and it didn´t explode!