Sign in to follow this  
Choki

Iron Front - Liberation 1944, new WW2 game on A2:OA engine

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/630391-iron-front-liberation-1944/data

This is what i was able to find for the release date of the game

It says that it is scheduled for Iron Front - Liberation 1944 Deep Silver 10/28/11 EU

Too strange , information about the game is at the lowest when its release date is supposedly so close

That date has nothing to do with reality, no idea how they decided that the game is released on October 28.

Another site says it's delayed until 2012.

http://worthplaying.com/article/2011/9/29/news/83491/

They don't say where they got that info though.

Holy ...it....

You ruined my day, damn and i am waiting for this game so bad, i really dont care at all about BF3 etc, that was what i was waiting for.

The creators must give as more feedback, i think they underestimate the ammount players who are interested in their game, i personally found it from a user complaining about the quality of Red orchestra, and i was delighted to see that it was a ww2 based upon the arma 2 engine.

Together with total war will be my favorites i guess.

i am also really looking forward to this game, mostly for the 2 single player campaigns and how they will pan out

The work on the project keeps going a lot. Unfortunately I don't have myself the permission to show all our new goodies and other awesome stuff. New promotional video and gameplay video is on development too, where you will have the possiblity to see all the new works.

Unfortunately, due to troubles with the development, the release date is moved for 2012.

It would be helpful for us to have an assistant for creating various small, dinamycal animations for our new vehicles (mostly animations of death), and an importer for full importing various stuff of the infrastructure (houses).

I am looking forwards to this game for WWII MP so I rather they release something that works rather than a "Red Orchestra 2"...

Thing is most mods dont get the same amount of players as a stand alone game. You dont need xx steps to get vanilla to work etc. I also think there might be many Ro1 people getting this game for similar reason.

Will this game be able to make mods for? if so could think about adding this to our site

Modsaholic, Though ive heard it runs and plays just like Red Orchestra.

It's RV engine. Naturally it will support mods. Why not?

Though ive heard it runs and plays just like Red Orchestra.

RO2 is hollywood-ish CQB with some pseudo-realism added to the mix, I fail to see how any game on RV can play the same. I will be surprised if it will not play like ArmA2 in WW2.

Those Stukas look incredible! As does the terrain! Looking forward to this. :)

Iron_Front.png

image_4eef62b7e152e_small.jpgimage_4eef62e9e9a3b_small.jpg

image_4eef627a42285_small.jpgimage_4eef62865f70e_small.jpg

image_4eef62bf468dd_small.jpgimage_4eef62f090837_small.jpg

image_4eef63b402aed_small.jpg

Edited by SenChi

sweet! a river!

is this some new engine improvement or it it just a very long shoreline?

Edited by That guy

Stuka :inlove:

Would be awesome if it had the dive sound.... but understand its prolly not possible.

Edited by Katipo66

Would be awesome if it had the dive sound.... but understand its prolly not possible.

Who knows. I think it could be done by measuring the dive speed or angle of the plane+speed

Looks very impressive, I wish the game would be available already. :)

The dive sound is a propeller that activates when doing an intensive dive with air brakes

So it could be that it activates the sound when the player activates the airbrakes for a bombing run, with some seconds of delay to give the feel that the propeller is activating the trompet

Anyway... It looks really impressive, like a brother of IL2 with playable troops and tanks, awesome.

Idle speculations. According to the game's official web site, the largest map is located in Poland. Given that the setting is the summer of 1944, and the position of the shadow on the flying Stuka (indicating early afternoon in summer, with the Stukas heading generally NE) and the historical dispositions at the time, I'm going to hazard a guess that the body of water we see below is the Vistula, near Magnuszew south of Warsaw, and the scenario involves the 8th Guards Army (formerly the 62nd Army of Stalingrad fame).

Idle speculations. According to the game's official web site, the largest map is located in Poland. Given that the setting is the summer of 1944, and the position of the shadow on the flying Stuka (indicating early afternoon in summer, with the Stukas heading generally NE) and the historical dispositions at the time, I'm going to hazard a guess that the body of water we see below is the Vistula, near Magnuszew south of Warsaw, and the scenario involves the 8th Guards Army (formerly the 62nd Army of Stalingrad fame).

Smart one) Not Magnuszew and not 8th Guards Army, but yes, it's Vistula river.

Got a question, which bothers me from the time You uncovered the place of the battles. Will there be any kind of resistance forces? I guess I don't have to say which nationality ;-) also, what with civilians, civilian cars and arma-2s usual ambient-life modules?

Btw, any hint what modules will we see in Iron Front?

Those anims are easy enough to do, and can be done without making modifications to the game engine in its current state. All you would need is custom anims for each cargo position for the get in/out states.

No one has put in the effort so far for arma, as the players are fine with the current anims. These guys are just going above and beyond, as I'm sure they have more resources available than the casual mod maker.

Abs