Sign in to follow this  
Choki

Iron Front - Liberation 1944, new WW2 game on A2:OA engine

it seems few memebers of the developing team could be found in any forums relating to this game.

After seeing what happened in the PR thread, staying away might be the way to go :)

After seeing what happened in the PR thread, staying away might be the way to go :)

How are these two things even remotely related?

Speaking of L1944, it'll be interesting to see if mods from Arma work using their game, or if they would have made enough changes in the engine to prevent that from happening.

Abs

How are these two things even remotely related?

Remotely?

I haven't the wit to explain it without using condescension and spelling out, sorry :)

Their work is extremley nice. I'll be expecting the release to purchase it.

Remotely?

I haven't the wit to explain it without using condescension and spelling out, sorry :)

Yes, well, one group is doing what everyone else is doing for free while implementing EULAs that have been unheard of in this community (not speaking to the right or wrong of it all here), and the other group has licensed the game engine and can do whatever they damned well please. I don't see the relation, and why L1944 would want to stay away.

But if you haven't the wit, what can I say? :)

Abs

Strategic-level command (like in 'achtung panzer', 'close combat V' or at least like in arma2) and i'll be fully satisfied ;)

Yes, well, one group is doing what everyone else is doing for free while implementing EULAs that have been unheard of in this community (not speaking to the right or wrong of it all here), and the other group has licensed the game engine and can do whatever they damned well please. I don't see the relation, and why L1944 would want to stay away.

But if you haven't the wit, what can I say? :)

Abs

You're wrong in your assessment, or rather, you've left out one rather large element, but whatever. They either will, or they won't.

DMarkwick please leave this to PM. Ty

Well I was just responding to discussion, but whatever. My point about missing elements is that you cannot do "what you damn well please" even with a licensed engine, they must be subject to various clauses, and very likely the same or similar clauses to PR. But whatever, I'm off to PM myself.

If anyone who cant wait game release might be interested to join us at PvP tournament based on i44 mod.Currently we got round 55 active players(20 American team and 35 German).So if we will get more players for USA side we can have 70 or even more players Battles on Sunday evening.Everything that you need to do is to have arma2 oa game register on forums at armedglobalwarfare.com and download i44 and CBA version 7.6

WHen will we gamers learn to stop being so nieve?

Those screenshots of Iron Front of obviously touched up in photoshop, and being the ArmA engine the game will play like crap and have all the clipping/animation and game mechanical bugs that ArmA has.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. Games are just far too complicated to make for a true sandbox game like ArmA/Ironfront to ever be made to the quality we all so dearly desire, that is why 99% of developers create scripted corridoor shooters like battlefield/CoD.

I stopped expecting much of games way back in 2006/7 when games started to really become junk, and with the recent pathetic release of Red Orcestra 2 just hits the nail in the coffin for me.

These Iron Front devleopers won't bother fixing the glaring bugs of the ArmA engine and will simply work the game to a playable state then take your money.

Edited by Locksley

Those screenshots of Iron Front of obviously touched up in photoshop, and being the ArmA engine the game will play like crap and have all the clipping/animation and game mechanical bugs that ArmA has.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. Games are just far too complicated to make for a true sandbox game like ArmA/Ironfront to ever be made to the quality we want, that is why 99% of developers create scripted corridoor shooters like battlefield/CoD.

:icon_ohmygod: So what are you doing here then ? Addicted to crappy games ?

Edited by ProfTournesol

I wouldn't get my hopes up. Games are just far too complicated to make for a true sandbox game like ArmA/Ironfront to ever be made to the quality we all so dearly desire, that is why 99% of developers create scripted corridoor shooters like battlefield/CoD.

I stopped expecting much of games way back in 2006/7 when games started to really become junk, and with the recent pathetic release of Red Orcestra 2 just hits the nail in the coffin for me.

These Iron Front devleopers won't bother fixing the glaring bugs of the ArmA engine and will simply

work the game to a playable state then take your money.

your so informed on the LIB mod team.

If you had any experience, or any playtime for that matter, the LIb mod team been around since OFP days

if you even know what OFP means, the mod they had for OFP let me spell it out Operation Flashpoint,

the team had a Mod called Liberation 1941-1945 .

They are a very creditable mod team, they put alot of effort and sincerity into their work, one of the guys that helped

had content on their team I worked with for a few months on a ww2 mod for a ww2 realism unit I was with, I helped beta test the models.

The amount of detail and richness in the game is astounding, the number of vehicles, planes, static guns, infantry type units,

and variations of weapons and classes was massive.

The team may work on the engine and improve it, and surely they would to get what they try to build work how they want,

these guys aint stupid, and their mods show what they can do.

First demo released if I recall correctly was December 2004,

mod was patched several times up until 2007 in February.

Liberation 1941-1945 Team:

Their website: (OFP)

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/lib4145/&ei=yE92Tsm4ApKKsAK9ieGLBQ&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=8&sqi=2&ved=0CFsQ7gEwBw&prev=/search%3Fq%3DLiberation%2B1941-1945%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1592%26bih%3D688%26prmd%3Dimvns

Forum:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3DLiberation%2B1941-1945%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1592%26bih%3D688%26prmd%3Dimvns&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ru&u=http://www.flashpoint.ru/forum/showthread.php%3Ft%3D57789&usg=ALkJrhiP5P056jRalCLZFMbVQ5EzTk1KMw

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fironfront.deepsilver.com%2F

The Team (From OFP)

AND - Mod co-founder, concept developer, 3d, 2d, technical support, design, forum admin, project coordinator.

Bdfy - Unit balancing, config.cpp, SFX, scripts, sounds, missions, manual.

Deadmoroz - 3d.

Dezoom - Animations.

DimaG -Unit balancing, config.cpp, SFX, scripts, sounds, missions, manual.

DUHER - island, missions, campaign.

Dusty - 3d, 2d.

Ingeneer - Mod co-founder, concept developer, 3d, 2d.

LarryTheSniper - Mod co-founder, concept developer, history consultant, storyline.

Lexik -Unit balancing, config.cpp, SFX, scripts, 3d, animations, missions, mod structure

Loktewaa - Missions, campaign.

Lovesan - island, missions, campaign.

Maxguard -3d, 2d.

Mikhalich aka SLON - Mod co-founder, concept developer, PR, web-site, head beta tester, missions.

Motostrelok -Mod co-founder, concept developer, history consultant, PR, project coordinator, storyline.

Necros - 3d.

Redfrog - 2d.

Sanek -scripts.

SEA DEMON - 3d, 2d.

Stoppelhopser -Mod co-founder, concept developer, 3d, 2d, animations.

Strinder - 3d, 2d.

Stutzer - 3d, 2d.

Swan - 3d models and fortifications idea

HeniekJ - 3d.

Vimot - Storyline, missions, campaign.

Voyager -scripts.

WebRunner - history consultant.

Zyklon_C - 3d, 2d.

Steam - 3d models

Kondor - scripts

Shadowdragon - scripts

Cribban - animations

Muzhik - 3d models, animations

Phoenixhero - 3d models

Brat - island.

KBSH - 3d

sandy1942 - 3d

Sanchezzz - 3d

Other mod teams:

-ORCS Development Studio

-FDF MOD, WW2EC

-Invasion 1944

-Specnaz MOD.

============

All that who created missions and campaigns for Liberation 1941-1945 mod:

-Crazy soldier

-Dead_Kennedy

-lokttewaa

-SashNet

-sniperGRU

-vimot

And others

You can find their creations in section "Range" on flashpoint.ru

http://www.flashpoint.ru/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32

You really dont know much about Arma games or OFP either, maybe you should just leave your comments and educated

thoughts to others like yourself, so you all can swim in a pool of doubt, and insecurity about games alot of us here have

played since released, and know the quality, and reputation of such modders as the LIB team.

We know they will deliver, as they have done so before.

About every post you had made in your profile here on BIS forums comes across as complaining or a rant, or basically trolling,

I suggest you either get your act together before the mods here get sick of your posting style.

Find another forum to troll on.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Locksley, i just want to say one thing: you have NO IDEA about war games so shut up, and stop trolling.

@Günter Severloh - It isn't worth to answer him, and to waste our time ;)

Hello all

I'm happy to have the usual arma2 bugs and "features", as long as I can have "professional" standard models and a semi decent SP campaign. (in fact Im happy to convert existing campaigns to Lib if poss)

I loved I44 and am looking forward to the next release (even though its rough round the edges) and I am equally excited by Lib mod as well.

Ill most likely play them both to pieces.

Ill def buy it, but knowing full well, its a vocation to play these games compared to other mil fps's.

rgds

LoK

No- addons, units, from arma2 won't work in Iron Front, obviously, because of completly new damage system, and big announced changes in engine. It's obvious for me- you want progress? You won't have Arma 2 compability! And i'm happy about this.

Iam more than looking forward for Iron front, together with total war are the only games that i play and buy, or will buy when iron front will be released.

I was wondering , i have searched in the wikipedia about details on the upcoming game, it is obviously not so much advertised as the COD titles, but it will be (judging by the Invasion modification on arma engine) ridiculously superior to them.

I have seen that the release date in europe will be the 28 of October , is that real, and if yes from were i could buy it , will it be Internet only or it will be available in the stores?(I suggest to be made available from steam)

I dont have a good experience in the stores here in Greece most of the Games are unvailable in the Greek market, the only game that i could find in the first day was total war, but Silent hunter for eg was not available and i still cannot find it.

The new damage system is something like the one that were for OFP Liberation's Tanks?

The one with armour and angle system? it was nice.

It seems that the company it self is quite silent about their own product, i dont see any feedback , iam trying to figure out the release dates and from were i could buy it but none seems to care, i would appreciate it

Hello there,

I'd also like to see some more info etc on the game and est. release dates.

rgds

LoK

+1

I won't bother with the picture, I'll just say:

Shut up and take my money. :D

More info, please. :)