Sign in to follow this  
Choki

Iron Front - Liberation 1944, new WW2 game on A2:OA engine

Yes, I have a clue:

"No news was released for some time, this makes the chance of seeing a news update in the future a very likely possibility."

Or in other words, asking for news is useless. The news will be released when there is news to release.

Any clue for updated news?

Find the jade monkey before the next full moon.

Iron_Front.png

Awar, X1 Software and Deep Silver studio are promoting the "IRON FRONT: Liberation 1944" project on Gamescom 2011.

Iron Front – Liberation 1944 is set in Southern Poland during the Soviet Offensive in the summer of that year, when the infantry and tank as well as aircraft units of the Red Army and the Wehrmacht engaged in fierce combat. It was the first time in history that the "Königstiger" tanks fought with the powerful JS2 soviet tanks.

Also, Awar is demonstrating new screenshots and a small list with some of the gameplay features of the upcoming game:

-Two campaigns, giving the choice to play for Wehrmacht or the Red Army.

-Rich and fully destructible environment of the Southeastern Poland of 40' years with workable interiors of the buildings.

-Completely new system of tank damage and destruction.

-Dynamical system of destruction of cars, trucks and artillery, giving the possibility to break them into pieces.

-Possibility to tow and transport the artillery with the help of trucks.

-Completely new gameplay, coming out from the technical and tactical level of the history period.

-More then 40 various vehicles, accurately copying the original prototypes.

-New interface.

IF1s.jpg IF2s.jpg

IF3s.jpg IF4s.jpg

IF5s.jpg IF6s.jpg

More features coming!

Looking (and sounding) good :) I will buy for sure. Always liked a good WW2 scenario.

The animations look awesome! :D

Abs

Yup amazing for sure. I always loved their mod but this looks steroided up!

That tank plowing thru what looks to be a vehicle shell and a piece flying in the air -that looks like a different/enhanced physics then standard arma2 ..no?

@panzer_baron

Topic merged, please search before posting, there already was/is an Iron Front topic.

Since your post contained new info I merged your new topic with the old one.

Probably in their best interest. Too many anticipated FPS games (RO2, MW3, BF3, etc.) coming out this fall/winter. Also, it gives them time to fix bugs ;)

Looking good so far though :)

Seems to be delayed to early 2012 according to this German news

http://www.gamersglobal.de/news/41127/gc11-iron-front-liberation-1944-angeschaut

"for X1 games ArmA2"

wat?

Also i liked the part where they say the graphics arent the strong side of the product... dunno about others but for me the A2 graphics on high settings are the most realistic ones ive seen so far... or not for everyone i guess if you expect a plastic looking surrounding like in most Unreal and other engine games.

@Topic, personally for me this looks like a must buy especially as it finally offers a german campaign which is a more then rare thing in games that arent RTS.

Edited by Shadow NX

My only question is where to make the pre-order for this game?

There is new official website of iron front with new screenshots. It looks that they are going to add screenshots and news quite often. I hope it will be much more milsim than arcade shooter like battlefield etc.

Thanks for the link colossus, nice website.

As FKPLACE said, where can I pre-order? :)

When I look at how ugly COD:BlOps is, I still think it's a mod for older Quake engines...
Actually the recent Call of Duty games utilize the IW engine which comes from Call of Duty 4.

Ironically, Black Ops uses an older version of the engine than MW2 did. I guess IW wasn't so keen on licensing it to Treyarch.

Love the way they handled tanks, where something older and used often would have a more gritty appearance http://ironfront.deepsilver.com/wp-content/gallery/artwork/rotearmee_t-34-76_neu.jpg vs something that would be used in the back and would see less action and stress http://ironfront.deepsilver.com/wp-content/gallery/artwork/rotearmee_bm-13n_katyusha_neu.jpg

Vs tiger 2 which is also on the front but sees less action and is newer, so it's not as dirty but still appears to have seen its share.

The biggest difference and attractive factor of the game are that it's not only based on improved ARMA2 OA engine with dozens of new features but keep the function of mission editor. In that case, it would allow the third party addons or Mods just like ARMA2 and enlarge the content with lots of new stuff and missions made freely by players. So it's diffrent from all other FPS games just like Red Orchestra and etc. and makes me to expect its release much.

Actually the recent Call of Duty games utilize the IW engine which comes from Call of Duty 4.

Ironically, Black Ops uses an older version of the engine than MW2 did. I guess IW wasn't so keen on licensing it to Treyarch.

"IW engine" = Quake 3 engine

You can easily see Quake 3's limits and lighting all over it

THIS IS NOT FU***** quake cod or any other shit topic!! I don't want read about shit here, so please keep on topic.

Their website is very quite and simple in contents. Also very strange, up to now, it seems few memebers of the developing team could be found in any forums relating to this game. Few of them join the dicussion with us. Maybe they are too busy to make their work.

Or quite a few dont speak/write any or if then not very good english.

That is at least what i learned in my long time in this community in regards to russian modding, many of them just prefer to stay at flash.ru.