Sign in to follow this  
Choki

Iron Front - Liberation 1944, new WW2 game on A2:OA engine

It's a pity there won't be any WaffenSS troops in the Mod for the specific scenario chosen.

Not sure about bloom and such, but I'm seeing the same clipping issues we're at W39 are struggling with:

l44clip.th.jpg

Sergey, anyone at IF, have you turned your attention to it or do you see it as an A2 issue and shove it under the carpet?

PS: Plus, what's wrong with the collar on this picture??? Some nasty clipping again, one can see the actual dark green collar with Kragenspiegel below, but the rest is just Feldgrau and overlapping the collar tab...

That's a weighting (and to a degree model topology) issue, everyone whose ever rigged a character model comes across the same problem

PS: Plus, what's wrong with the collar on this picture??? Some nasty clipping again, one can see the actual dark green collar with Kragenspiegel below, but the rest is just Feldgrau and overlapping the collar tab...

In 1944, when uniforms 43 and 44 were used, the color of the collar was the same as the whole tunic - feldgrau. We are not in 1939 year =) It's not clipping.

When refer to Russian gaming magazine for this game, I happen to find some screens of game Red Orchestra. It seems the models, textures and soldiers' kits in Red Orchestra are very nice & realistic. Not sure if the Mod of OA ARMA2 could be as similar as those.

When refer to Russian gaming magazine for this game, I happen to find some screens of game Red Orchestra. It seems the models, textures and soldiers' kits in Red Orchestra are very nice & realistic. Not sure if the Mod of OA ARMA2 could be as similar as those.

Its not a freaking mod. Why cant people get that through their skulls.

That's the same! Engine maybe would be improved but still based on it and wont change totally! And do you think OA AMRA2 is a freaking game?!

That's the same! Engine maybe would be improved but still based on it and wont change totally! And do you think OA AMRA2 is a freaking game?!

Nope, it isn't a mod, it's a standalone game using the same engine.

Yes its a game. Its an expansion pack to Arma 2.

With that logic, ArmA 3 would be a mod too.

It's whatever the devs want it to be. Technically speaking however, the have licensed the engine and because of that it falls more under the category of a game and not a mod.

With FKPLACE's logic, Red Orchestra is just an Unreal Tournament '99 mod. :rolleyes:

Ummm, I think you meant Unreal Tournament 2k4

With FKPLACE's logic, Red Orchestra is just an Unreal Tournament '99 mod. :rolleyes:
Or Call of Duty 1 is just a Quake III mod.

When I look at how ugly COD:BlOps is, I still think it's a mod for older Quake engines...

As per my view, the reason we still could discuss it here since it's not a totally new game. This thread is not for another game and just for something concerned for ARMA2 OA!!!

As per my view, the reason we still could discuss it here since it's not a totally new game. This thread is not for another game and just for something concerned for ARMA2 OA!!!

I think it's better for someone to judge by the final product, is it a mod or not, don't you think? As I see from this topic, for most people the "mod" means various characteristics. If someone thinks it's a mod and does not like it, he is free to ignore it.

We could make a new thread, not in ArmA 2 OA (actually this is not our thread), but why yet?

Edited by panzer_baron

I don't mind Iron Front being a "mod" for money as long as production qualities are high and they actually bother to simulate WW2 (as in trenches and more brute force) so it won't feel like professional modern soldiers are just cosplaying WW2.

And besides with each new ArmA game quality total conversion mods are harder and harder to find for whatever reason

Yeah, a Mod or new game, it doesnt matter. The most important thing is what it could bring us for a pleasure of WW2 scenario. Up to now, it sounds and looks quite promising.

I would like to pre-order it. And hope it could develop a totally new experience of WW2 gaming under revised engine of ARMA2 OA. Then more Mods or addons could be made and added under this new one by combining all its new features. Personally, I made it ture under Libreation's Mod made for OFP during OFP era.

Edited by FKPLACE

They have licensed arma 2 engine so for me its new game on arma 2 engine not a mod. And Liberation1941 mod for ofp for me was 1 of the best mod so i think this team can make good game on this engine, they know the engine from ofp time.

Nope, I guess it just wasn't moved to the right place yet. It is a new game, not a mod.

Happy now?