Sign in to follow this  
Choki

Iron Front - Liberation 1944, new WW2 game on A2:OA engine

I hope it's out before the christmas season :)

Looking really good though!

its coming out before arma 3 im shure

I was hoping for Anti-tank grenades, but being the year 1944 it's less likely to be included than let say 1939-1942. Imagine the desperation would be for the player if he had to deploy an adhesive grenade to stop a tank formation in an urban environment.

How about the progress on ireland? Thanks.

Ireland?

Anyway, something I wanted to point out from shitty google translation of that article:

Along with the physics of the developers have fixed and damage model. In the Iron Front, it is really a point which takes into account not the number of "hit points", and the zone of injury, the thickness of armor, the angle of contact with the projectile and the distance from the weapon to the target. "You can make the tank a lot of volleys and not to inflict almost no damage if the missiles can not penetrate the armor or offend some critical point. A team can destroy or set fire engine one direct hit to the ammunition - a powerful explosion, likely to leave the tank without a turret ", - assured our interlocutors.

It seems there will be some significant engine improvements then.

Was the game cancelled or something? It doesn't show up in the games catalog of Deep Silver, and I can't go to the URL of the page at all. Anyone know?

I don't think so dude, there have been interviews with the dev team a lot recently plus a fairly new gameplay trailer.

It seems the team hasn't got a formal contact person here in the forum to explain what we are interested. A little strange. Maybe the game is more popular on russian side and we have to turn to there?

It seems the team hasn't got a formal contact person here in the forum to explain what we are interested. A little strange. Maybe the game is more popular on russian side and we have to turn to there?

It's probably like most games that are developed primarily by Russian/eastern developers; not a lot of news makes it to the west/english speaking communities.

It's probably like most games that are developed primarily by Russian/eastern developers; not a lot of news makes it to the west/english speaking communities.

Maybe they could make this guy their point-man

YXONItsEU7E

(OK ... he's not really Russian).

I don't think so dude, there have been interviews with the dev team a lot recently plus a fairly new gameplay trailer.

Ok, the webpage showed up again, but it still isn't in their game list like it was before.

Yeah, what mod is that?

Undercover Iron Front dev trying to build anticipation?

:rolleyes:

I am pretty interested in Iron Front because they were an excellent OPF mod.I already anticipate them since i think ArmA 2 engine is an excellent base for that game.And hope it doesn't come out buggy ;)

ooops sorry, someone should read a thread to the end.

Edited by Nightrat

I like those russian soldiers shown in the screens. And wish they could add more options of soldiers and officers in the game. Not like some Mod, only one rank of NCO or officer...

It have some new bloom and Hddr?

Not sure about bloom and such, but I'm seeing the same clipping issues we're at W39 are struggling with:

l44clip.th.jpg

Sergey, anyone at IF, have you turned your attention to it or do you see it as an A2 issue and shove it under the carpet?

PS: Plus, what's wrong with the collar on this picture??? Some nasty clipping again, one can see the actual dark green collar with Kragenspiegel below, but the rest is just Feldgrau and overlapping the collar tab...

Edited by topas