Sign in to follow this  
Choki

Iron Front - Liberation 1944, new WW2 game on A2:OA engine

At first I was shocked to hear Libmod had gone commercial,I love the name Iron Front-dunno about the 1944 bit tho :)

But as you take that journey from modding obscurity to the real world of cut-throat game design and publishing,

lets hope these first few steps,will eventually lead to better and greater things, jobs, dreams, hopes and aspirations.

Sometimes you cantake the moral high ground,but in this day and age, ekeing out a living making a ww2 game is every modders dream,

and although in the past (both i44 and lib41-45) with 9 years modding alongside eachother we probably haven't seen eye to eye at times,

I always have a deep respect for you,so I would like to say, good luck to all of you, the Iron Front team.

Just readed this post. Greetings to you and to i44, man =)

Can't wait for this, will definitely buy as long as it's at a reasonable price...and is on Steam. :)

Please release it on Steam if any of the devs are reading this.

Can't wait for this, will definitely buy as long as it's at a reasonable price...and is on Steam. :)

Please release it on Steam if any of the devs are reading this.

Indeed, it would be pretty foolish for them not to. I'm sure they will.

Do you mean Lib Mod and Iron Front are two different Mods? Which one has gone to commercial purpose?

Indeed, it would be pretty foolish for them not to. I'm sure they will.

Especially since they're a very small indie dev group, Steam would help them immensely in sales.

Isn't the ArmA2 engine the one with a hitpoint system for tanks and vehicles ?

How will they get over this issue ?

Do you mean Lib Mod and Iron Front are two different Mods? Which one has gone to commercial purpose?

LibMod = Iron Front, basically.

Isn't the ArmA2 engine the one with a hitpoint system for tanks and vehicles ?

How will they get over this issue ?

3 ways.

First, maps are so large and there will be so few players that you will hardly even ever see enemies nor their vehicles which makes the whole issue a non-issue.

Second, you will be rubberbanding and desyncining so badly that you are not even sure if you are in the same server with your own tank which effectively will makes you quit the game, so once again vehicles are a non-issue.

Thirdly, if you ever come across with an actual enemy vehicle, he will be warping so badly that you can't even hit him.

Me? Bad experiences with A2 engine? Noo..... :)

Lib mod is Iron front. They buy A2 Engine and they going to release a game of ww2 for sale

3 ways.

First, maps are so large and there will be so few players that you will hardly even ever see enemies nor their vehicles which makes the whole issue a non-issue.

Second, you will be rubberbanding and desyncining so badly that you are not even sure if you are in the same server with your own tank which effectively will makes you quit the game, so once again vehicles are a non-issue.

Thirdly, if you ever come across with an actual enemy vehicle, he will be warping so badly that you can't even hit him.

Me? Bad experiences with A2 engine? Noo..... :)

Lol, well sometimes your right not in all the cases. If you have a tank crew that doesn't have desync and almost the same low ping + a decent server you should be fine

I have been expecting Lib Mod since time of ARMA. And it seems at least for two times it once closed to a beta release or so on. But never come in ... This time, with turning to commerical side, wish it could be done finally.

And any member of the developing team could advise something regarding the new specialities of this Mod based on ARMA2 engine? For instance, any new animations on guns, tanks, soliders and the availability of long distance fire support, such as rocket cannon? Coud soldier use different gun holding gesture of PPSH41, MP40 from bolt-action rifles? When the body or head is hit, would it be broken out such as helmet flying animations or etc.? Any armor penetration effects when it is shot at different sides? Will only keep russian and german voices and leave out original english of ARMA2 for more realistic atmosphere?

Edited by FKPLACE

THis is no LIB MOD, is a total new game! "I hope it" XD

? No members try to answer such queries regarding their game?

I would like very much to answer now to your questions, but I have to keep some conspiration at the moment)

same question! :yay:

I would like very much to answer now to your questions, but I have to keep some conspiration at the moment)
same question! :yay:

What...?

Indeed, but it is still alpha so it makes sense that it's still pretty much ArmA 2. I will be watching this with interest...

I was coming to post it :p

P7FrwI-pWOE

Edited by Foxhound

Says powered by ARMA technology by Bohemia Interactive. Yup, they got the same engine as ARMA.