Sign in to follow this  
Choki

Iron Front - Liberation 1944, new WW2 game on A2:OA engine

I think he was posting his surprise at the question rather than asking the same question again

I was the one who posted CCCP first, as Das said. Was asking, "do you guys seriously not know what the CCCP is?"

Game looks nice to now.

You obviously didn't understand my question. Just buying a license for an engine is pretty vague; it may mean that they are just allowead to redistribute the same executable that comes with ArmA 2 (maybe slightly modified) with new content, or it may grant them full access to engine source code so they can expand the engine. It's not clear which is the case here since as far as I know BIS has never before licensed their engine to any other commercial products.

The only reason I'm curious is because a WWII setting could increase the demand for certain engine features/tweaks that are currently not present. I'm interested to see how far this game will differ from simple ArmA 2 mod.

I'm curious to this aswell. I44 is a great mod don't understand me wrong but because of some engine limitations it some a little bit unplayable you won't notice that as infantry but vehicles and planes are sometimes a bit wierd. Tanks etc lack shell penetration etc how is liberation going to cope with

This new game coming up is...

relevant to my intrests

I hope they have new animations and some engine improvements like improved physics or something, and finally proper trenches.

Hi, a WWII game seems to fit better the ArmA2 engine, it's a game that im interested in and that looks promising. Let's C ya

Hi, a WWII game seems to fit better the ArmA2 engine, it's a game that im interested in and that looks promising. Let's C ya

Arma 2 Engine is more for a WW1 or 1800´s game, the lack of animations. No coverage on walls or buildings, bad AI. That is my opinion as a consumer. Without MODS this game is nothing I hope that this support mods

Arma 2 Engine is more for a WW1 or 1800´s game, the lack of animations. No coverage on walls or buildings, bad AI. That is my opinion as a consumer. Without MODS this game is nothing I hope that this support mods

Having done mods for both eras (OFP time), the engine doesn't fit those periods either : WW1 AI friendly trenches are a pain in the *** + inability to create trenches under the ground level, and for XIX century, no walking/firing into formations without heavy scripting somehow killing the gameplay. The engine is mainly orientated towards skirmishing in open areas.

They better make more realistic shell penetration on tanks and misc stuff like AI using trenches better or this is just ArmA2 OA with a WWII mod.

They better make more realistic shell penetration on tanks and misc stuff like AI using trenches better

We have both =)

Do you have a non-warping 128+ (or even 64) player mp experience?

Do you have a non-warping 128+ (or even 64) player mp experience?

It's still the same engine so don't expect a miracle.

wow Im really looking forward to what you, panzer baron, and your team can accomplish and what the RV engine is capable of!

I'm curious as to whether or not Iron Front will benefit from the future engine improvements made to OA through patches (optimizations, scripting, possible new features) and how the support will be handled...

This has The CCCP, something every WWII mod in ArmA lacks.

Oh, you're sooo generalising now. :) And, pardon me, but what is the logical reason for every WWII mod to have CCCP in it? :rolleyes:

On topic;

What was the involvement of the Hungarians in the Lwów-Sandomierz offensive? I read they were one of the belligerents (on the Opfor side of course).

Edited by topas

I'm curious as to whether or not Iron Front will benefit from the future engine improvements made to OA through patches (optimizations, scripting, possible new features) and how the support will be handled...

If these new devs will make modifications to the engine, then it seems unlikely. My guess is that they will maintain their own build as they are probably limited by the license.

If these new devs will make modifications to the engine, then it seems unlikely. My guess is that they will maintain their own build as they are probably limited by the license.

agree

Oh, you're sooo generalising now. :) And, pardon me, but what is the logical reason for every WWII mod to have CCCP in it? :rolleyes:

On topic;

What was the involvement of the Hungarians in the Lwów-Sandomierz offensive? I read they were one of the belligerents (on the Opfor side of course).

Because I'm a Russia fanboy.

That be the reason.

OT: I will be buying this, also ArmA III.

They have to lunch the game before ArmA 3 if you want to succeed Now that was announced ArmA 3

On topic;

Well the eastern front was by far the most important :)

Cause Eastern Front of WWII has most epic battles of this war? :)

And russians conquered capital of Germany and stop war in Europe?

Also destroy 1.5 million people Kwangtung Japan's army in Manchuria before nuclear bomb of US has blast in Japan's peaceful towns and kill some thousand poor civilians?

But, never mind, there also was some small battlegrounds where is no russians, so you right, sure :)

Cause Eastern Front of WWII has most epic battles of this war? :)

And russians conquered capital of Germany and stop war in Europe?

Also destroy 1.5 million people Kwangtung Japan's army in Manchuria before nuclear bomb of US has blast in Japan's peaceful towns and kill some thousand poor civilians?

But, never mind, there also was some small battlegrounds where is no russians, so you right, sure :)

LOL Agree on this specialy the part of the Yankee nuke bomb. But hey they are the good of the world they make good thing LOL.

The Russians win the WW2 war, in the Eastern Front was the real war

It has been said many times, and is worth saying again, that Hiroshima and Nagasaki did not win the war - but they did end the war.

It's also worth noting that although the USSR did suffer the most casualties, and did the most fighting in the war, they were fighting mostly to liberate their own domain - and did not fight outside their own borders until late in the war - and then the eastern european countries they did liberate were not really liberated, but had puppet communist regimes installed. Also if Stalin had not embarked on starving millions of his own citizens in his pre-war pogromms, the USSR would have had even more man-power (which the western allies were lacking in comparison) to repel the German armies.

For a bit of perspective:

" A liasion officer from the Red Army, Colonel Vassilevsky, was brought on a visit to the headquarters of 7th Armoured Division. With true Soviet diplomacy , he expressed the view that the British advance was very slow (in Normandy). Apparently a British officer asked him to show on a map of the eastern front where his own division was fighting. It transpired that there were *nine* German divisions in that sector, which was over *600* miles long. The British pointed out that they were facing *ten* divisions, including six panzer divisions, along a front of only *sixty-two* miles.

Back nearer topic, regarding requests would it be possible for the extremely talented Iron Front team to finally do something about the hands of the soldier models? It's always looked like there are giant flesh coloured spiders crawling around the underside of the weapons being held.

:)

So do these guys have a site for this or...?