Sign in to follow this  
Choki

Iron Front - Liberation 1944, new WW2 game on A2:OA engine

They have to rework quite a bit if they want to release it in germany.

Really ? I didn't see swastikas, only Iron crosses... Which I thought were allowed.

Edited by EricM
typo

Yeah Iron Crosses are allowed, but I don´t know what they will use on the uniforms...

Exciting... Hopefully means turrets will work on planes :P....

Right, we know that.

All swastika sign's will be replaced by Wehrmacht sign

150px-Balkenkreuz.svg.png

or just a simple cross.

P.S.

It sad, that government of germany trying to forget his history by methods prohibiting a nazi simvol.

Is a hystory. Bad, or good - but is a hystory.

It can't be rewrited. And modern people of germany don't must blame himself for hystory.

Edited by Wass

Right, we know that.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1f/Balkenkreuz.svg/150px-Balkenkreuz.svg.png

or just a simple cross.

P.S.

It sad, that government of germany trying to forget his history by methods prohibiting a nazi simvol.

Is a hystory. Bad, or good - but is a hystory.

It can't be rewrited. And modern people of germany don't must blame himself for hystory.

Yeah its silly, too true, in movies may they be as silly and cheap as they want it is absolutely no problem to have swastikas all over the place, even in cartoons like for example southpark it is ok but dont you even dare to have a swastika in a videogame...

Point is in germany games are still not considered art like a movie or a graphic novel... it aint art it aint allowed to have swastikas.

Also nice to finally see the outcome of the "Lib44 will soon announce something really big" i heard few weeks ago.

From what i see this is definatly something to buy, the level of details is simply beyond amazing.

Edited by Shadow NX

I'm a bit confused?

So are they turning this mod into it's own game...?

If it's even remotely possible, I hope they can do two versions, one for Germany, and one for the rest of the world. I don't want to play a WWII game based on a censored/castrated version of WWII. I'm not talking concentration camps or gas chambers, but if it's going to be accurate it needs SS uniforms/patches, it needs the swastika, it needs the occasional picture of Hitler, the Nazi salute, and so on and so on and so on.

Not only swastikas, but also SS runes, SS Totenkopf and other likewise symbols (or party insignia) are prohibited - just have a look at the verfassungsschutz link Mr.Charles posted.

Not only swastikas, but also SS runes, SS Totenkopf and other likewise symbols (or party insignia) are prohibited - just have a look at the verfassungsschutz link Mr.Charles posted.

How was this done in Call of Duty 1?

It was full of Swastikas if I remember correctly.

No way. They either had a blank circle where normally the hk would be centered, or made it all Balkenkreuze (only for german version obviously).

Recently some game had to be withdrawn from stores because developers missed one single swastika texture in there, despite having cleaned all other aspects. I reckon this must have been the worst case scenario for any profit oriented business.

What bites me the most with this thematic isn´t the absence of swastikas for us, but the constant "they are denying their history" bullshit everone else in the world seems to be so wise about :j:

Same with Il-2 Sturmovic .... there was a swastika-enabling add-on (German and Finnish). Google "finnish world war 2 aircraft" in Google Images and you will see a ton of blue swastikas. Or maybe don't - it might turn you into a rabid nazi.

Edited by MissionCreep

Same with Il-2 Sturmovic .... there was a swastika-enabling add-on (German and Finnish). Google "finnish world war 2 aircraft" in Google Images and you will see a ton of blue swastikas. Or maybe don't - it might turn you into a rabid nazi.

Mod differs from shipped product. I own IL2, there´s no swastikas. Also, why in the world would the only remaining mirror for Snorris excellent skins be situated in france if it was all nice & fine?

And even then, if you dl such mods you´re being responsible for it. If authorities ever have a look at your pc and find the files, your gonna have problems.

Maybe every non german should just get over it and accept that they aren´t making our laws, same as we don´t ... it´s the politicians & highest courts ;)

I would really like to see some moving pictures! Especially of the halftracks. Since I44 can't get them properly done because they aren't able to animate tracks on a truck class.

I would really like to see some moving pictures! Especially of the halftracks. Since I44 can't get them properly done because they aren't able to animate tracks on a truck class.

Our tracks are animated on the halftracks. Without corrections to the engine)

Point is in germany games are still not considered art like a movie or a graphic novel...

Sadly.

Right.

That why we have no SS troops :(

I understand that that point in history is one that much of the world would rather ignore and forget about, especially Germany but really how can you have a WWII game be accurate without a swastika, it's like having a modern game where the US stars and stripes is replaced by a star or something, or the USSR flag replaced by a..um..hoe I guess.

I mean seriously look at how ridiculously far this gets taken http://www.gearthblog.com/blog/archives/2007/09/google_earth_reveals_nazi_swastika.html

But the worst of all is the fact that if it is seen in a similar shape people cry foul and yell at you.. http://www.indonesiamatters.com/images-3/swastika.jpg what is the difference to them.

Edited by NodUnit

MMaybe every non german should just get over it and accept that they aren´t making our laws, same as we don´t ... it´s the politicians & highest courts ;)

Maybe the Germans should stop forcing their laws onto games that are available around the entire world. Either that, or maybe WWII games shouldn't be sold in Germany... :rolleyes:

If it's not an accurate game, it's one that I (and many others) won't be buying. Censor the German version to suit Germany's laws, I agree there is no problem with that. Their government wants to ensure that the past stays in the past (This should be for them, not us. Those symbols are shown every day on The Military Channel & History Channel.) But don't censor the non-German versions, please. If it doesn't use accurate uniforms, aircraft, etc., what's the point of calling it a WWII game? It might as well be the "Soviets against Fictional Country A"

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

I've always been pissed that Hitler took that symbol. I mean I was more pissed about the genocide and war but it was a good symbol and it's a shame that you can't really use it anymore without people thinking you're a neo-nazi.

I've always been pissed that Hitler took that symbol. I mean I was more pissed about the genocide and war but it was a good symbol and it's a shame that you can't really use it anymore without people thinking you're a neo-nazi.

Not true everywhere: I visited a (reconstructed... yet another legacy of WWII) Buddhist temple in S. Korea that still displayed the swastika in the "right" way. :cool:

I understand that that point in history is one that much of the world would rather ignore and forget about, especially Germany..
Maybe the Germans should stop forcing their laws onto games that are available around the entire world. Either that, or maybe WWII games shouldn't be sold in Germany... :rolleyes:

Do you really believe we ain´t got history classes in germany? Adding to that, all our grandparents had to endure WW2 - so how the fuck could we want to forget about such a shitty decade, a time and it´s faults that nobody wants to see repeated ever again?!

Outta here before i forget my fine manners.

We make everithing with respect of lacal laws - it's the main point. We don't discuss them - we follow them.

From this point let's stop "swastika discussion".

I never mentioned anything about Germans/Germany trying to forget it's past (Just the government trying to ensure that certain parts stay in the past, and are not revived in modern Germany), and I know that some things should probably best be forgotten. (If that's what your saying?) All I was asking is that there be a separate version of the game for countries other than Germany.

If my previous post came off as insulting to you or anybody's grandparents, I apologize, I meant no disrespect.

*edit* Ingeneer posted as I was writing mine, if needed I'll edit it/have it deleted.