Sign in to follow this  
Harine

Red Fox Studio WIP Report

Oh a 6B43! Do you have custom gears (like pouch for the MG guy)? Btw great work, we need a release now :)

*drooooool*!

This is easily the addon I am looking forward to the most, you simply can't have enough russian stuff in this game even more if it is such high quality work :)

I can't recall if this has been asked and or answered before but: will those guys be able to use OA backpacks? That would make them super duper uber awesome, but even if they can't they are still my most awaited addon :D

[..]

Agree, with the T-90A this is my most wanted addon. I wait the release to replay to ArmA.

Really looking forward to these! Its about time my troops moved out of the 90's... Looks amazing chaps... I am greatly looking forward to this release? Are they your own custom weapons?

Most impressive. Nice to see the Russian Federation getting some proper infantry units. ;)

Great work Red Fox team! I was hoping to see appropriate Russian infantry since the day I saw vanilla Arma II units!

Just one small idea for you guys - can you make boots texture a little bit dusty (dirty)? It looks a bit strange that soldiers have dirt on their knees but clean and shiny boots.

one more screen. The release is coming. we have to do 3 things - test it,make a release movie for it and make screenshots :)

and I made 2 unarmed soldiers :)

preview.png

Edited by EugenyKrag

about which officer are you talking about? as I understood about the soldier nearly UAZ with the woman?if yes.... mmmm... it's his mom,and they have conversation :)

No, two officers in front. They have strange shader effect, I mean their clothes reflecting a bit. And what does these black stripes on jacket and pockets mean?

Krag, glad to seet these screens here! Perfect, can't wait! But why this officer is so emm shiny? :)

It's to do with the specular map (SMDI) texture being used, you can create a "shiny" effect like you see above if you make it in a certain way. Most BIS models have a certain level of shine to them but (especially on the OA units) depending on how light or dark the camo they are wearing is, it can be hard to spot.

one more screen. The release is coming. we have to do 3 things - test it,make a release movie for it and make screenshots :)

I bet that most of us can live on without release movie or even screenshots. ;) Just give us those beautiful troops as soon as they are ready! :D

What vilas weapons are you planning to use?

Also, do regular russian infantry units get combat optics in real life, can't find the answer to this question on the internet :p