Sign in to follow this  
sjdeany

Domination Missions

I'm looking at the Domination thread by xeno hoping to get hold of the missions for use with my friends, I click on the dev heaven link and it asks for a login, once I have registered all I get is "You are not authorized to access this page."

So please someone tell me where I can get hold of these brilliant missions.

they are not the ones made by xeno

Try this link i found a few pages from the end of the xeno domi thread.

http://www.teamspaff.co.uk/domination/

Linked by Tankbuster

I don't know what to do with the files yet though

I'm trying to find out exactly what this Domination is :)

It's a dynamic, multiplayer coop mission. It scales quite nicely - the more people playing it, the harder it gets. It's also easy to change with parameters - no coding necessary.

It features a player team in an airbase who are given randomly generated main missions where they have to go attack an AI held town and clear it out. They'll be given optional side missions too. When they complete either type, they win new and better vehicles to use. Rinse and repeat.

It's the most popular mission, by numbers of servers running it, in the history of the game, by a considerable margin.

If you run it on a persistent server, it provides a nice way of getting a quick and tasty hit of ArmA2.

Unfortunately, it's also rather buggy in it's basic versions. Some of the features are broken, some by poor coding, others by engine problems.

There's a team v team version. The author Xeno, once said this was his favourite version (or words to that effect) and it's the version that I play.

It's been controversial as the the player v player and realism crowd have been very critical of the mission and to an extent, the author too.

I love the TvT version. When I can gather enough blokes, it's huge fun. There are two player teams based in distant airfields. They both attack the same main and side missions, but they are also technically enemy to each other, so teams have to balance attacking the other player team and taking the missions to advance the game. The great thing about TvT versions is that they can be played as pure one tema coop if you want.

For a while now I've been developing a very modded version of TvT, set in Taki with Brit and Taki army player teams with a load of bugs fixed plus some fantastic new features. I do hope to be releasing an interim version soon as my time is VERY limited and I'm keen to get it played, debugged and developed by a wider audience.

Thanks for the info Tankbuster that sounds like you've summed it up pretty well.

Sounds fun!

So do all the downloaded pbos go in my 'MPmission' folder then?

Can they all be placed in their own 'Domination' folder?

Cheers! :)

Cheers tank thats what I was looking for

So do all the downloaded pbos go in my 'MPmission' folder then?

Yes. :)

Just to add, Xeno has announced he has officially killed development of Domination. He even pulled the current version from dev-heaven.net, where it was officially hosted. Apparently, he always supported customizing and sharing by others so perhaps you'll find the various adaptions around.

I just wonder why, if people don't like something, they don't either 1) contribute to improve it or 2) go make their own stuff. Trashing those who spend the time is really beyond the pale.

More relevant to the original question, Domination can also be run on your own local machine as a dedicated server then run the mission. Join your own server, and learn the different things in the game. You don't have to learn on a public server. You can host your own while you learn.